ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2232 of 3903
« First < 1232173221322182222222282229223022312232 223322342235223622422282233227323232 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:38 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
10-15 minutes is my max. I wouldn't go see a movie right now if they were required.
Same. If I had to wear one to go into a grocery store or get my hair cut then okay. Aside from that, nah. I sure in the hell ain't going to get out in the heat and humidity and spend that kind of $ to be uncomfortable to say the least. More power to those who choose to do it but it's not for me.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:39 PM 05-26-2020
Here’s my post from March 12th.

40 people had died in the US at that point.

I was ignorant to how laws would effect that kind of plan, but who knows what happens if that immediate reaction had taken place.
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Is it overkill at this point if drastic measures were taken to the level of:

Suspend all air travel
All interstate travel is shut down
Require all non essential businesses to suspend business
Encourage everyone to stay at home
Ban all groupings of a certain amount of people
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Nice call man, but Bosschief was pounding the table for 100K+ deaths back in November.
I couldn’t resist having a little fun.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:39 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Frontier City in OKC is owned by Six Flags. They’re also requiring masks and have pissed off a lot of people with the mask rule. Let’s see if people actually follow through with the “I’m not visiting” threats and not show up.
You're outside and if you are social distancing and they are checking you for fever then I think it's just overkill.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:45 PM 05-26-2020
Universal and now it looks like Disney will require masks. We'll see how long it lasts. And I would love to have a camera watching people who swear by wearing a mask as they constantly grab their mask with their bare hands and adjust or take it off and put it back on, etc.

Not to mention in the heat and humidity of Florida it's only a matter of time before a few kids drop from lack of oxygen.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:48 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
10-15 minutes is my max. I wouldn't go see a movie right now if they were required.
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Same. If I had to wear one to go into a grocery store or get my hair cut then okay. Aside from that, nah. I sure in the hell ain't going to get out in the heat and humidity and spend that kind of $ to be uncomfortable to say the least. More power to those who choose to do it but it's not for me.
You pussies wouldn't last a day in healthcare.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:49 PM 05-26-2020
Hard to come to a conclusion or hold a position when the information we are fed seems to have no basis in truth.

Ohio example...https://www.wmfd.com/article/governo...xZz54YEis8ku7A
[Reply]
petegz28 08:49 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How'd that mask work for you, bruh??? :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:52 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
How'd that mask work for you, bruh??? :-)
Guessing you're saying we should fully shut things down then?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:56 PM 05-26-2020
Guessing you're saying we should fully shut things down then?

Only the petri dish gyms. :-)

Now why would you even to that extreme? I'm telling you now man. There is what the science says about masks and there is what really happens when you insert people into the mix. Like the guy in Staten Island who grabbed his mask and pulled it off and while standing within 2-3 feet of several other people proceeded to yell at and heckle a lady because she wasn't wearing a mask.

Social distancing in the parks and such are the safest thing and can actually be enforced relatively easily.
[Reply]
TLO 09:01 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Hard to come to a conclusion or hold a position when the information we are fed seems to have no basis in truth.

Ohio example...https://www.wmfd.com/article/governo...xZz54YEis8ku7A
Cliff notes version?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:04 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Cliff notes version?
He's basically saying the Gov. of Ohio and his team are bullshitting the data to make it seem as bad as they can to justify their actions.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:13 PM 05-26-2020
I like this one. Pretty funny.....

[Reply]
Bugeater 09:16 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Only place I see people with masks now are at the grocery stores, and that’s like 50% at best. Other than that, most everyone has already grown tired of the whole mask thing.
I just traveled from Omaha to Longmont, CO and then to Laramie, WY and every place we stopped along the way people were by and large following local protocols. Hell we stopped in Centennial, WY (Pop 270) for lunch and watched a waitress busting her ass while wearing one of those blasted things...she had to be miserable in it. Then on the way home we're at a gift shop in North Platte, NE where they requested use of masks, my wife and I wore ours and all the employees as well, meanwhile Mr and Mrs Enchilada Rodriguez and their extended family of 8 ran all over the store not practicing any fucking type of social distancing and also....you guessed it...not wearing masks either.

If people are going to go through the all the bullshit associated with wearing masks I'm not going to sit around and watch one goddamn group of people undo every fucking thing we've accomplished.

So if y'all want to go on some fucking crusade over this shit, that's the direction you should be headed.

/mic drop
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:20 PM 05-26-2020
I'll fucking man up and say it...I couldn't do it. No way. Nothing but respect to those of you who do.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:21 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I just traveled from Omaha to Longmont, CO and then to Laramie, WY and every place we stopped along the way people were by and large following local protocols. Hell we stopped in Centennial, WY (Pop 270) for lunch and watched a waitress busting her ass while wearing one of those blasted things...she had to be miserable in it. Then on the way home we're at a gift shop in North Platte, NE where they requested use of masks, my wife and I wore ours and all the employees as well, meanwhile Mr and Mrs Enchilada Rodriguez and their extended family of 8 ran all over the store not practicing any ****ing type of social distancing and also....you guessed it...not wearing masks either.

If people are going to go through the all the bullshit associated with wearing masks I'm not going to sit around and watch one goddamn group of people undo every ****ing thing we've accomplished.

So if y'all want to go on some ****ing crusade over this shit, that's the direction you should be headed.

/mic drop

When we went to dinner the other night the entire staff at the restaurant wore masks. And they constantly pulled them down to talk to each other or when they were off in at their stations putting orders in and such. Some had their nose exposed.

Saw several customers come in wearing masks. Then watched them grab them with their bare hands as the Wife stuffed them in her purse. Then they would put them back on to go to the bathroom but not while they were sitting at their table or talking with the wait staff.

So again, people wear masks but usually do all kinds of dumb shit to defeat the purpose.
[Reply]
Page 2232 of 3903
« First < 1232173221322182222222282229223022312232 223322342235223622422282233227323232 > Last »
Up