ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 176
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:53 PM 02-18-2018
A single man going to one of the best weather and hot chick markets in the entire US. Sorry KC but that would sell me, even while pocketing less money.

If he already had a wife and kids, it maybe would have been different.

But SD is a baseball wasteland. Their system is fairly stacked, but something out there just ruins baseball careers. I wouldn't bet on the development level of the Padres franchise and these young players.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:05 PM 02-18-2018
He'll probably perform OK for about five of those eight years. After that, it'll be like Pujols with the Angels. We'll get a sandwich pick (number two with Cain's pick) and have money available to maybe get some starting pitching. Didn't they draft a first baseman first pick last year?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:16 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He'll probably perform OK for about five of those eight years. After that, it'll be like Pujols with the Angels. We'll get a sandwich pick (number two with Cain's pick) and have money available to maybe get some starting pitching. Didn't they draft a first baseman first pick last year?
One that is probably at least 5 years away.

None of this makes me thrilled about the Royals honestly, this a team losing major league talent with the worst farm system in baseball. Sounds like a bunch of losing years.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:19 PM 02-18-2018
Isn't that Padres park much like the K with the expansive outfield? Is he going to sniff 30 hr/yr as a Padre?
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:21 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
He had a great post season performance, but was his even as great as Madison Bumgardners post season performance when looking at the last decade?
Eric Hosmer can strike out the rest of his career and I'll still believe he is the greatest baseball player of all time just for his part winning WS for the Royals. No one else has to share my exaggeration of him being the greatest all I care about is how much fun watching him and the Royals winning a World Series.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Isn't that Padres park much like the K with the expansive outfield? Is he going to sniff 30 hr/yr as a Padre?
It's bad in center but if you go left or right it isn't that bad.

He'll also get a bunch of games in colorado so there's that.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:33 PM 02-18-2018
Just for Tattoo -

[Reply]
Bowser 01:34 PM 02-18-2018
I also found this looking for those other videos. This is amazing.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:40 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I would bet the reasons for Hosmer going to San Diego is how the contract was structured. Royals probably had lower amounts in the beginning with no opt out clause and wouldn't go 8 years.
Called it. Same offers, but Padres paid more upfront in the contract.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb...200806399.html
[Reply]
Mecca 01:48 PM 02-18-2018
I mean that's great and all but at the end of the day it's team losing most of it's best players with nothing to replace them. Do we really trust a front office that basically hasn't "hit" in the draft in 7 years to rebuild a team? The rules have vastly changed in the way a team can be built than they were back when this team was built the first time.

Consider me skeptical that a front office that has amassed a big 0 in terms of talent that matters in the last 6-7 years is gonna just spin around and do the job like gangbusters.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:51 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
A single man going to one of the best weather and hot chick markets in the entire US. Sorry KC but that would sell me, even while pocketing less money.

If he already had a wife and kids, it maybe would have been different.

But SD is a baseball wasteland. Their system is fairly stacked, but something out there just ruins baseball careers. I wouldn't bet on the development level of the Padres franchise and these young players.
This thinking is mainly a myth. Studies have shown generally the most attractive women are more often located in the Northeast while the most attractive men are located most often in the Midwestern states.

6 of the top 9 states with the most attractive women are in the Northeast.
5 of the top 8 states with the most attractive men are in the Midwest.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/coun...ry?id=34654195
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:57 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just for Tattoo -

Shit never gets old. I still have a giant grin on my face
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02:06 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Do we really trust a front office that basically hasn't "hit" in the draft in 7 years to rebuild a team?
Truth. While it's easy to whiff on HS pitching, the Royals have really gone out of there way to find the complete duds.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:15 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He goes by Rich.
If he doesn't pick 69 as his jersey number when he makes the majors, I'll be greatly disappointed.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:21 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Shit never gets old. I still have a giant boner
FYP
[Reply]
Page 104 of 176
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Up