Page 55 of 58
« First < 5455152535455 565758 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:48 AM 01-18-2024
Brandon Flowers is another who I thought aged pretty well despite being short and a tick slow for the position. The dude had excellent technique and physicality off the snap and was able to ride that through a second contract with Kansas City.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:50 AM 01-18-2024
Sneed is the modern version of Mel Blount.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:00 AM 01-18-2024
I loved that mic'd up but I wish they would have shown us what he was saying when he stared down the entire Dolphin side line by himself late in the 4th.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 11:04 AM 01-18-2024
I’m happy to eat crow on this one. Not that I never thought Sneed wasn’t any good. But I just didn’t think it made sense to pay him with McDuffie already being a top 10ish guy, and how well we’ve been drafting there. (Joshua Williams has very quietly had a great year too).

But this step Sneed has taken has been unbelievable. He has made it to where he needs to be the #1 priority in the off season.

My only gripe with Veach is that he never gets these guys done early. Maybe Sneed would have turned down anything that would have been viewed as a bargain for us. But I have to believe he would have taken Charvarius’ deal, and now he’s going to cost 20mil+
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:07 AM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I’m happy to eat crow on this one. Not that I never thought Sneed wasn’t any good. But I just didn’t think it made sense to pay him with McDuffie already being a top 10ish guy, and how well we’ve been drafting there. (Joshua Williams has very quietly had a great year too).

But this step Sneed has taken has been unbelievable. He has made it to where he needs to be the #1 priority in the off season.

My only gripe with Veach is that he never gets these guys done early. Maybe Sneed would have turned down anything that would have been viewed as a bargain for us. But I have to believe he would have taken Charvarius’ deal, and now he’s going to cost 20mil+
This with Sneed started last year. Probably halfway through the season this transition into the best corner in the league started then but no one really noticed because the D as a whole wasn't as good.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:08 AM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I hate the Sherman comparisons because Sherman was really just a mouth on a great defense that got burned a lot, but played dirty. Sneed actually shuts guys down
I really just meant the physicality aspect of things. Browner and Sherman were incredibly physical and I really haven't seen a corner duo since then that had that kind of tenacity until Trent and Sneed. Both are drastically better in coverage though, obviously. Not even a comparison there.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:15 AM 01-18-2024

Its possible again that we could've gotten a deal done last year if we knew what was happening with Chris Jones. That giant question mark on him the whole offseason kinda makes it hard to plan much of anything.

Thanks a lot, CJ.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:04 PM 01-18-2024
Hypothetically, let's say we do end up in a tag and trade situation. Whats your expected haul from trading Sneed?
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:45 PM 01-18-2024

That doesn’t really happen anymore.

The NFLPA pushes guys to reset the market. Nothing wrong with getting what you can given short careers and the immense toll on your body.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:37 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hasty.

Sneed is a faster version of James Hasty. The older version of Hasty that played with us - not the younger version with the Jets. That version was faster than Sneed.

But by the time he got here he knew how he had to play and man did he do it.

That's another reason I'm more inclined to extend Sneed despite his age. Hasty was out there taking scalps at 35 yrs old. Now I don't think that's doable in the modern era - too much wide open passing. But at 31 or 32? Yeah, if Sneed's knees hold up, he can do that.

Give him 3-4 more years here and he's going into the Ring of Honor. He's building a hell of a legend in Kansas City. I'd hate to see the story end here.
I want to agree, but I don't know that I can. Hasty may have been fast, but I certainly don't remember it (even with the Jets). He was always a guy that would/could jam the receiver, but I don't recall him ever having the speed to keep up with a guy. He typically grabbed and held receivers, assuming they couldn't call everything. LJS is a physical specimen but he also runs a 4.37. He's just the entire package.

Is Dale Carter the better comp? Both could play safety, but I don't think even Dale ever ran faster than a 4.4. LJS is just a different cat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:42 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I want to agree, but I don't know that I can. Hasty may have been fast, but I certainly don't remember it (even with the Jets). He was always a guy that would/could jam the receiver, but I don't recall him ever having the speed to keep up with a guy. He typically grabbed and held receivers, assuming they couldn't call everything. LJS is a physical specimen but he also runs a 4.37. He's just the entire package.

Is Dale Carter the better comp? Both could play safety, but I don't think even Dale ever ran faster than a 4.4. LJS is just a different cat.
Sneed doesn't seem to play as a sub 4.4 guy. I don't think that's where he is after the knee issues he's had.

He doesn't have the catchup speed that McDuffie has. And typically he stays with guys deep by just harassing the shit out of them and messing up their stride rather than sprinting alongside them.

Dale Carter is one of the greatest pure athletes in NFL history - I really don't think that's hyperbole. He was damn near Deion Sanders in terms of pure athleticism. No, I don't think he's a good comp for Sneed at all. Carter was physical when ordered to be but he didn't exactly relish it. And he wasn't nearly as intelligent a player as Sneed.

But g'damn could that guy move.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:49 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
This with Sneed started last year. Probably halfway through the season this transition into the best corner in the league started then but no one really noticed because the D as a whole wasn't as good.
He also got concussed early in the Bengals AFC Championship and had two major uncharacteristic brainfarts in the Super Bowl which I think made people think one, we could play without him, and two, we should target McDuffie over him.

This year he's just been otherworldly, as has McDuffie.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:00 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sneed doesn't seem to play as a sub 4.4 guy. I don't think that's where he is after the knee issues he's had.

He doesn't have the catchup speed that McDuffie has. And typically he stays with guys deep by just harassing the shit out of them and messing up their stride rather than sprinting alongside them.

Dale Carter is one of the greatest pure athletes in NFL history - I really don't think that's hyperbole. He was damn near Deion Sanders in terms of pure athleticism. No, I don't think he's a good comp for Sneed at all. Carter was physical when ordered to be but he didn't exactly relish it. And he wasn't nearly as intelligent a player as Sneed.

But g'damn could that guy move.
Hasty, in final result, was similar to Sneed. They just shut their guy down. Didn't get a ton of INT's or turnovers but erased dudes from the box score.

I don't think the styles of Sneed/McDuffie match up with Carter/Hasty but in quality they are the best pair since. And if we're lucky enough to have Sneed next year they may be better. McDuffie has HOF upside.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:14 PM 01-18-2024

Ran the numbers on this, too.

Penalty Yards: 82
Penalty EPA Lost: 13.8
Penalty WP Lost: 33%

— Joseph Hefner (@josephjefe) January 18, 2024

There's a whole Sneed/PFF discussion going on right now.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:18 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There's a whole Sneed/PFF discussion going on right now.
Let's end it - penalties never lead to TD's. They might move the sticks and might make it easier but shutting yer' guy down and giving up penalty yardage doesn't equal points.

It's the trade off for 0 TD's...
[Reply]
Page 55 of 58
« First < 5455152535455 565758 >
Up