« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tredadda 10:38 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Because we don't need to sign a #1 WR that has changed this whole convo. We can now focus on resigning both CJ and Sneed. And that is very doable.
We still need to prioritize WR. Love Rice as much as the next, but we have nothing after him except for Kelce (as pass catchers go) who will be 35 next year. He's still very good, but should decline some.

I love CJ and wish he would be a Chief for life, but I don't see a possibility of keeping him unless he drops his salary demands significantly. Sneed should be resigned, but if there was ever a player KC could tag/trade it is him. I guess we will see what he wants vs what Veach offers in the offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Chiefs have a HISTORY of letting our DB's walk
Most of them haven't been very good. We lost Ward but who else? You gonna go all the way back to Brandon Carr? Andy was Philly's coach when that all went down.

Sean Smith? We signed him as a FA -- we DO have a history of not giving guys a 3rd contract but that goes beyond DBs. We traded Peters. Nobody thought Steven Nelson was worth the deal he got from Pitt (including, ultimately, Pitt).

I don't think there's a trend for what the Chiefs will do with guy like Sneed. Ultimately I think the best thing to know is that the staff seems to love him. I think they'll do everything they can to keep him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Most of them haven't been very good. We lost Ward but who else? You gonna go all the way back to Brandon Carr? Andy was Philly's coach when that all went down.

Sean Smith? We signed him as a FA -- we DO have a history of not giving guys a 3rd contract but that goes beyond DBs. We traded Peters. Nobody thought Steven Nelson was worth the deal he got from Pitt (including, ultimately, Pitt).

I don't think there's a trend for what the Chiefs will do with guy like Sneed. Ultimately I think the best thing to know is that the staff seems to love him. I think they'll do everything they can to keep him.
Only way to do that is the tag.

I really wish they coulda got something done with him this past offseason but it takes 2 to tango I suppose.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Only way to do that is the tag.

I really wish they coulda got something done with him this past offseason but it takes 2 to tango I suppose.
Would you do 4/$84? First 2 years guaranteed, 3rd year partial?

18/20/22/24 -- so 3/$60 for all intents and purposes (signing bonus, whatever it is, gets removed from those figures).

I think I would.

I mean look at it this way - Christian Kirk got that deal at WR (plus an adjustment for cap increases). And by and large he's played to his contract; he's been solid for them.

If you spend $20 million/yr at WR and get Christian Kirk, that's going to be seen as a win in free agency.

Would I rather have Christian Kirk next year or Sneed? I mean man, that's not even a question is it?

You're not getting a premier WR anymore for $20 million - you're getting a complementary guy. But if I could retain Sneed for that same money, he's just so damn critical to what we do.

If the medicals check out (and my understanding is that the knees may not; there are some lingering issues there), I think I'm fine giving him that.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 01-16-2024
If you wanna keep him, that's just gonna be the # I'd imagine right? I would do it and move on.

You've got your secondary together for a few years, build up the front a bit and go from there. The WR thing.....I've kinda conceded that at this point you aren't gonna get a high end guy for less than 25. If I'm gonna spend 22 on Calvin Ridley.....I just want no part of that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 01-16-2024
If you wanna keep him, that's just gonna be the # I'd imagine right? I would do it and move on.

You've got your secondary together for a few years, build up the front a bit and go from there. The WR thing.....I've kinda conceded that at this point you aren't gonna get a high end guy for less than 25. If I'm gonna spend 22 on Calvin Ridley.....I just want no part of that.
Yeah, I think the WR market still has another year of adjusting left to do. Last season's was ugly due to a lack of talent, but this season there are gonna be some solid guys out there.

I think the 2022 WR market was just so damn insane that it's gonna take more than one offseason for it to level off. And if Calvin Ridley is costing $22 million, then it has more cooling yet to do.

I'm just fine signing Sneed and then addressing WR in the 2nd wave of FA after the stupid contracts have sorted themselves out.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:41 AM 01-16-2024
For the love of God -

We do not need to break the bank on another #1.

Rice IS a #1. He's a #1 RIGHT NOW. We need another guy that's a solid 2. That's it.

Kelce will be here 2 more years.

We resign CJ and Sneed.

Also I guess no one actually looked at the difference in the run defense when Bolton went out. Good Lord.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 01-16-2024
Yeah, I think the WR market still has another year of adjusting left to do. Last season's was ugly due to a lack of talent, but this season there are gonna be some solid guys out there.

I think the 2022 WR market was just so damn insane that it's gonna take more than one offseason for it to level off. And if Calvin Ridley is costing $22 million, then it has more cooling yet to do.

I'm just fine signing Sneed and then addressing WR in the 2nd wave of FA after the stupid contracts have sorted themselves out.
Is it really 22?

I thought Ridley was going to be be in the 15 area.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:50 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Chiefs have a HISTORY of letting our DB's walk
We've never had one anywhere near as good as Sneed, though. Not even close.

It will be very interesting. If they can get a haul tagging and trading him, I guess I could see it, but I just don't think you'd get the kind of value out of him that we did out of Hill.
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 01-16-2024

I think the WR reset is coming for sure, I'm probably overvaluing Ridley's number.

But even then.....give me a mid tier vet along the lines of Richie James or a notch better. Can I get Parris Campbell for the vet min kinda deal? Quez Watkins?

Give me another early round draft pick and a mid tier vet and move along I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 01-16-2024
For the love of God -

We do not need to break the bank on another #1.

Rice IS a #1. He's a #1 RIGHT NOW. We need another guy that's a solid 2. That's it.

Kelce will be here 2 more years.

We resign CJ and Sneed.

Also I guess no one actually looked at the difference in the run defense when Bolton went out. Good Lord.
Love Bolton. But is he gonna a Logan Wilson contract or is he gonna want Fred Warner money?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM 01-16-2024
I think the WR reset is coming for sure, I'm probably overvaluing Ridley's number.

But even then.....give me a mid tier vet along the lines of Richie James or a notch better. Can I get Parris Campbell for the vet min kinda deal? Quez Watkins?

Give me another early round draft pick and a mid tier vet and move along I guess.
Parris Campbell has never done anything other than get injured at some point it's time to just acknowledge he's a bum.
[Reply]
O.city 12:07 PM 01-16-2024
Probably.

But for a million bucks, is there a 500 yard season in there?

Those are just the waters we're gonna have to swim in while we draft away.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 12:16 PM 01-16-2024
Love Bolton. But is he gonna a Logan Wilson contract or is he gonna want Fred Warner money?
I can't see him asking for Warner money, he hasn't made a pro bowl or all pro list. But he'll get a big extension and IMO should.

The run defense was VASTLY different with him out in several games.

He legit could be a multi time pro bowler at mike and knows the defense. You can't just replace those guys that easy.

Sneed
CJ
Bolton

We really need to lock those guys down, get a #2. That's it really.
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 01-16-2024
I can't see him asking for Warner money, he hasn't made a pro bowl or all pro list. But he'll get a big extension and IMO should.

The run defense was VASTLY different with him out in several games.

He legit could be a multi time pro bowler at mike and knows the defense. You can't just replace those guys that easy.

Sneed
CJ
Bolton

We really need to lock those guys down, get a #2. That's it really.
I'd get over the CJ stuff. They all seem to know that one is just gonna go path of least resistance and he's gonna walk. It is what it is, 3rd contract and all etc.

I would keep Bolton. Dude is a really good player, but LB's that struggle in space against the pass in today's NFL aren't exactly hard to find.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 58
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up