ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 301
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:58 AM 11-14-2019

The Athletic is now reporting that Beltran helped set up the sign-stealing system with the Astros. This double of his off the Royals was one of the fishiest vids we found (listen for the banging that stops just before the pitch): https://t.co/F2ghuJozXF pic.twitter.com/PyqICAXdOH

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) November 14, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 10:10 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For whatever reason, I do have a problem when it's an organized program aided by the use of electronics.

Having a dude sit up there with a high-powered camera while setting up a video monitor in the tunnel to relay signs is a step WELL beyond a runner at 2b altering his lead for an offspeed pitch.

It's super shitty, IMO.
I get it, I do, I just think teams are mad the Astros were smart enough to do it first.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I get it, I do, I just think teams are mad the Astros were smart enough to do it first.
They weren't first, though. I mean the Red Sox did it with smart watches and stuff. There were rumors that the Minnesota Twins had a setup going all the way back to the Metrodome days in the late 80s.

This isn't something novel at all.

I think teams are mad at the Astros for just how damn brazen it is. I mean how could they have thought they WEREN'T gonna get caught? At some point a player was going to leave and tell other teammates (does Gerrit Cole strike you as someone that was going to keep this quiet when he goes to the Yankees?). And at some point someone was gonna pull up video with CLEAR audio.

That's just an open middle finger to everyone, is it not?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:02 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For whatever reason, I do have a problem when it's an organized program aided by the use of electronics.

Having a dude sit up there with a high-powered camera while setting up a video monitor in the tunnel to relay signs is a step WELL beyond a runner at 2b altering his lead for an offspeed pitch.

It's super shitty, IMO.
Agree with this. Teams are going to steal signs, but bringing in tech to aid is a step too far, IMO.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:23 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Maybe Correa's error in the 8th was karma coming back to bite him after crushing that HR in the 7th. I can't find game 4 on Youtube anymore but it would be interesting to go back and watch. You would think that would be a huge advantage on Ventura as well if you know the heater is coming and when it's not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZX8CdL7JU
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:27 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agree with this. Teams are going to steal signs, but bringing in tech to aid is a step too far, IMO.
It's like the difference between ease dropping into the QB/OC communications and having Tony Romo on the sideline telling you what play is coming. 1 is fair the other not.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:30 AM 11-14-2019
Ned had deer trail cams set up in the waterfalls.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:00 PM 11-14-2019
It’s remarkable they didn’t face more beanballs as a result of this.

I mean, that would be a mid at bat adjustment for me.

“Oh, you’re stealing signs? Wear this fastball in the small of your back.”
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:02 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Truly a despicable act. /JoeBuck
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

True.

Don't have to worry about crossing up your catcher if you put it into the batter's spleen...

Put down 3 fingers, hear that bang from the dugout and then throw everything you have behind it. You wanna play Mission Impossible out here that's fine, I just hope you like pissin' blood...
[Reply]
tk13 11:06 PM 11-14-2019

Royals, with new owner coming in, have very limited budget. With just a few million to spend, they hope to bring back Gordon and add a pitcher or 2 (likely in pen)

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 14, 2019

[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:08 PM 11-14-2019
one last time gordon
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:20 PM 11-14-2019
Might as well sign Gordon to a 2 year deal, because our minor leagues are so completely void of talent that there's absolutely nobody he'd be blocking in the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:24 PM 11-14-2019
There’s been a lot of trade inquiries on Whit Merrifield but sources say the Royals are not considering trading him now. Could become a more realistic option at the trade deadline.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...946142209?s=19

Same bullshit different off-season. About to go for another 100 loss season and Dayton Moore refuses to trade one of our few pieces with any real value. Don't be mislead, Moore won't even consider trading him at the deadline either. Dayton Moore is a clown and along with Matheny is going to drive this franchise even further into the ground (if that's possible).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:51 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Might as well sign Gordon to a 2 year deal, because our minor leagues are so completely void of talent that there's absolutely nobody he'd be blocking in the foreseeable future.
Dumb
[Reply]
Page 275 of 301
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Up