ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Haley is OUT in Pittsburgh
gblowfish 11:10 AM 01-17-2018
Just saw report on NFL mobile. Pittsburgh is not renewing his contract. He Gone.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:54 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The last thing we need is Haley coming in and poisoning Mahomes with his brand of cancer aids

edit: fire Reid and hire Haley huh. I'm surprised some of the people in here can tie their shoes.
Yeah, I guess Haley was the problem here. And in Pittsburgh.

"You need to score 50 to beat the Jags, or you suck"/every moron on CP bashing Haley
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 12:55 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
BOOM!

Cops in Pittsburgh need to bar the bars. Don't want more fights from the Haleys.
It's all good Joey Porter is still around to ruffle the local news.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:56 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

If he's so "good", why was he fired?

Oh yeah, because he wasn't that good.
Yeah. Because good coaches never get fired. Come on Dane. You know better than that. Wade Phillips was let go by the Donks and is one of the best DC's in the business. Al Saunders led a very good offense under Dick Vermeil, yet was unable to get a job soon thereafter. Haley has been at Pittsburgh for what? 5 years now? If he wasn't any good, how did he last so long?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:57 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
100% agreed. Hailey could have been good had he not been handcuffed by Pioli and Cassel.
Elway will probably hire him to be the next HC in Denver.

Haley will win a Super Bowl as a head coach before the Chiefs win one as a franchise.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:59 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yeah. Because good coaches never get fired. Come on Dane. You know better than that. Wade Phillips was let go by the Donks and is one of the best DC's in the business. Al Saunders led a very good offense under Dick Vermeil, yet was unable to get a job soon thereafter. Haley has been at Pittsburgh for what? 5 years now? If he wasn't any good, how did he last so long?
Dane doesn't like Haley ever since the deal where they were gonna do some swapping.

Todd's wife showed up, and Dane was crushed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:59 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
It's all good Joey Porter is still around to ruffle the local news.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:59 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Dane doesn't like Haley ever since the deal where they were gonna do some swapping.

Todd's wife showed up, and Dane was crushed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:00 PM 01-17-2018
For all the "Haley wasn't such a bad head coach..." guys:

I think you're forgetting this is the guy who in his first year on the job fired his offensive coordinator a week before the regular season. It's a guy who wasn't just an angry coach who yelled a lot-- he legit lost control of his emotions. Just look at his facial expressions in GIFs-- those don't express frustration or outrage, they express pure fucking hatred. It's a guy who hired Grandpa Bill Muir as his OC after Weis left. It's a guy who sincerely believed Tyler Palko was a good enough backup QB. A dude who pretended he was Bill Belichick with his low gravely vague answers at press conferences. A guy who thought getting his offensive line to lose as a collective HUNDREDS of pounds in the offseason was a great idea. Oh, and let's not forget him losing control by flicking off Blowfish and that bar incident. The dude has a wife and kids and is a coach in the NFL. What the hell is he doing at a bar in his off hours?

Todd Haley might be good for some things as a coach, but the dude is straight up fucking nuts. He's crazy. He's NOT an improvement over what we've had, whether Pioli was holding him back or not.

Bienemy has a chance to be competent. It might be a tiny chance, but it's still a chance. Todd Haley has ZERO chance, because he's a giant fucking jackass.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:01 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
He made some of the dumbest calls in critical situations...weird dude.
I will never forgive him for playing Tyler Palko the enitre game when I spent the day driving to Lambaeu and back to watch that abortion.

Now, what he did with Derrick Johnson was pretty impressive.

I will take him in place of Bob Sutton, couldn't be any worse.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:01 PM 01-17-2018
What this really is...Tomlin taking play out of Del Rio's playbook. Fire the coordinator to save your own ass. Will work for 1 more year.
[Reply]
TEX 01:04 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Truth.

Haley has had a positive impact on every offense around hin.

Hell, he took our 2-12 SHITSHOW and won a division title. Was in contention for a 2nd when he got fired

As soon as he walked out the door, the 2-12 turned into a suicidal dumpster fire.

^jus the facts.
Well, there is some truth to that, but the fact is it really didn't go all that smoothly or great... He took a 2-12 team and finished 2-12 the next year after saying that he could get 22 guys off the street and win more than two games....True, he won the division, with Weis as his OC and Crennel as his DC. When Weis left, Haley did not fare too well. Every team in the division was in contention for the division title the year he was fired, but KC finished last as all the others finished 8-8. There were many issues that season, and he was part of the problem IMO.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:05 PM 01-17-2018
Yeah. Because good coaches never get fired. Come on Dane. You know better than that.
Not only did Todd Haley's offenses underperform, anyone with half a brain could see the writing on the wall this year after the bar incident with his wife and a bar patron.

The guy isn't good enough to overcome his weirdness and bad publicity.

Wade Phillips was let go by the Donks and is one of the best DC's in the business.
Wade Phillips contract had expired and he chose to join the Los Angeles Rams.

Al Saunders led a very good offense under Dick Vermeil, yet was unable to get a job soon thereafter.
Al Saunders was the Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator for the Redskins in 2006, the following season after Vermeil retired from the Chiefs and his tenure ended.

Haley has been at Pittsburgh for what? 5 years now? If he wasn't any good, how did he last so long?
Because the Steelers value consistency. They've always stuck with coaches for years, regardless of the results.

Haley's time had come.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:10 PM 01-17-2018
If another team offers him a job, think he'll shave and put on a clean shirt for the interview?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:18 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Not only did Todd Haley's offenses underperform, anyone with half a brain could see the writing on the wall this year after the bar incident with his wife and a bar patron.

The guy isn't good enough to overcome his weirdness and bad publicity.

I agree that the bad publicity was the main factor. Moreso than his coaching abilities.

Wade Phillips contract had expired and he chose to join the Los Angeles Rams.

Right. Same as Hailey right? Didn't his contract expire and not get renewed? I never heard otherwise, but I would think that the Donks could have kept him if they tried.

Al Saunders was the Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator for the Redskins in 2006, the following season after Vermeil retired from the Chiefs and his tenure ended.

I said soon thereafter. I knew that he went elsewhere immediately after. But, if I'm not mistaken, he didn't last long there and was done.

Because the Steelers value consistency. They've always stuck with coaches for years, regardless of the results.

I agree that the Steelers do like coaching consistency. But if he was so bad, he would have still been gone sooner.

Haley's time had come.
Apparently so. But I would be surprised if he doesn't get hired up quickly elsewhere and have success.

[Reply]
mlyonsd 01:22 PM 01-17-2018
Take note fat Andy, this is how it's done. Now fire Sutton.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up