ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job Andy Reid is doing as the head coach of the Chiefs?
Yes 57 27.80%
No 107 52.20%
Unsure 32 15.61%
He should go take a bubble bath with Gaz and the referee who shall not be named 9 4.39%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid's approval rating
Eleazar 09:03 PM 01-08-2018
A simple question. Do you approve of the job Andy Reid is doing as the head coach of the Chiefs?
[Reply]
ILChief 06:03 AM 01-09-2018
I'm withholding my vote until Sutton's fate is determined
[Reply]
bricks 07:37 AM 01-09-2018
The answer to this question, it all depends on what your goals are for this team.

If you’re content with doing well in the regular season, while sh*tting the bag in the playoffs(this is Clark Hunts wet dream basically), then Andy is doing a great job and gets the approval.

If you’re not content with doing well in the regular season, while sh*tting the bag in the playoffs (as most fans are probably), then Andy can go **** himself and gets no approval.

I’m going with the second statement because I’ve seen this same old song with Marty and I’m sick of it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:37 AM 01-09-2018
Fat Andy had a 5 year plan to bring us a playoff win

He did that
[Reply]
bricks 07:43 AM 01-09-2018
Plus Andy Reid always says the same old things, “oh I gotta do a better job.” Said that in Philly and is doing that here in KC. Yet nothing ever changes, the common denominator stays the same blown leads and games. He only reinforces this franchises ability to choke. So not only no but **** no!
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:51 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
What pisses me off the most is that Hunt allowed Reid to make the power play in hand picking Veach as the GM when Dorsey was shown the door. Hunt gave up the power that he sought to regain after the Pioli firing, as now there is no checks and balances for Reid. Veach could be a good talent evaluator, work magic with the cap and contracts but he will never have any control over Reid and coaching staff decisions. Veach and Donovan are extensions of Andy, and history is repeating itself again. 3 guys with different titles, but Andy holds and plays all the cards. Philly all over again. Watch him chase a ring by getting past their prime “name” free agents, maintaining a staff that will never challenge nor bring new innovation or energy to the team. His outward display of being loyal to assistants and never calling out players or officials is a front to hide his stubborn, tired, formula that affords him enough success to stay relevant but never revered.

Shit has to change. This franchise will tailspin if Reid is not given an ultimatum by Hunt (who allowed this to transpire) in that Reid must truly get out of his comfort zone. His 20 year formula has yet to work. He needs to think out of the box, humble himself, and be open to new contributions from young coaches and create accountability from both players and underperforming coaches.

If the Sutton/Smith/and promote from within for OC issues are not resolved soon, Hunt will see an empty stadium - with or without the shiny new qb.
Reid has to change now or be unemployd and regarded as one of the biggest chokers in NFL history as early as next year.
Yep.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:54 AM 01-09-2018
Either Mahomes will make him look great, or foolish. I don't think much of Andy's tenure left in KC is up to him at this point. If Mahomes turns into Alex or better, then he's got some more time until the talent level drops or he just retires one day. But Mahomes comes off as the QB that will run the offense the way he wants to when he's comfortable with it. He'll follow Andy's commands at first, but once he starts to audible and lead, he'll take over to an extent and possibly ignore plays he doesn't think will work.
[Reply]
notorious 07:59 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Either Mahomes will make him look great, or foolish. I don't think much of Andy's tenure left in KC is up to him at this point. If Mahomes turns into Alex or better, then he's got some more time until the talent level drops or he just retires one day. But Mahomes comes off as the QB that will run the offense the way he wants to when he's comfortable with it. He'll follow Andy's commands at first, but once he starts to audible and lead, he'll take over to an extent and possibly ignore plays he doesn't think will work.
This is really our only hope.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:23 AM 01-09-2018
Fucking morons still think Veach is a fake GM

:-)
[Reply]
carcosa 08:46 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
If Mahomes turns into Alex
please god no
[Reply]
tmax63 08:53 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
A simple question. Do you approve of the job Andy Reid is doing as the head coach of the Chiefs?
A simple question asked 2-3 days after an ugly playoff loss. Kind of a predetermined outcome, yes????
[Reply]
carcosa 09:00 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by tmax63:
A simple question asked 2-3 days after an ugly playoff loss. Kind of a predetermined outcome, yes????
Andy has choked in the playoffs 4 times in 5 years. The answer is gonna be no for me until he actually accomplishes something significant.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:36 AM 01-09-2018
I choose Unsure until I know if Alex/Sutton will be here next season.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 10:00 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Andy has choked in the playoffs 4 times in 5 years. The answer is gonna be no for me until he actually accomplishes something significant.
yup
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 10:03 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bob's defenses have given up 22 points per playoff game since the Indy debacle.

He's had limited talent to work with.

I'm fine with him at DC.
Just when I think you couldn't be a bigger moron, you come up with another one :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Just when I think you couldn't be a bigger moron, you come up with another one :-)
People just want one guy to point the finger at whether it's the offense or the defense.

It's stupid.

NO coach could make chicken salad out of the chicken shit that was on the field at the end of the game:

Frank Zombo, Allen Bailey, Daniel Sorensen, Darrelle Revis, Jarvis Jenkins and Bennie Logan all played at least 40 snaps in this game.

That's a fat lotta trash logging a lot of PT. And I'm not even counting Steven Nelson or DJ, who weren't exactly starting material this year.

It's a fucking miracle that Bob Sutton rounded that group into near-elite form in the last four games of the season to get us INTO the playoffs. Because the D was NAILS down the stretch.

Ya'll need to get some perspective because Buddy Ryan, Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy could be coaching the defense and not get more out of that group.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up