ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Bright: Did you like it
BleedingRed 08:42 AM 12-29-2017
I'd add more, but I loved it. LoTR's meets Training day. I thought it was great and can't wait to see part 2.

I think Netflix is on to something, and their content is typically great. They are spending 18 Billion in 2018 to make movies and new content.

So what did y'all think of the movie/concept?

[Reply]
listopencil 09:46 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You can't see the blatant racial messaging and social commentary in that story? It's there from go. Are you sure you're being honest here?
I don't need to be hit over the head with agenda messaging when watching a comedy or sci if or anything else.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/27/chan...bright-racism/

http://www.filmjournal.com/reviews/film-review-bright

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/12/25/b...is-will-smith/
"Bright, directed by David Ayer (Suicide Squad)..."

Oh. OK, thanks. Now I know not to bother trying to watch this.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:01 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
"Bright, directed by David Ayer (Suicide Squad)..."

Oh. OK, thanks. Now I know not to bother trying to watch this.
Yeah had I known Bright flowed out of the same fail pipe as Squad I wouldn't have wasted my time. It only took a few minutes to know this was an absolute shit sandwich.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:14 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yeah had I known Bright flowed out of the same fail pipe as Squad I wouldn't have wasted my time. It only took a few minutes to know this was an absolute shit sandwich.
I was hoping that it wasn't as bad as it looked and sounded from the snippets I've stumbled into.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:17 AM 01-05-2018
I was hoping that it wasn't as bad as it looked and sounded from the snippets I've stumbled into.
Like everything else you can't tell until you see it for yourself (which I know you know). I've watched the movie Norbit probably 10 times over the years though critics and everyone will tell you it sucks. Don't care, damn thing cracks me up.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:51 AM 01-06-2018
While I wouldn't say it was good I did like it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:22 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
There were so many cool ways they could have went with this movie, but they chose the shitty cop drama. Overplayed 80s bullshit cop drama.

I like the idea of the world it is set in. But the good cop, bad cop, buddy cop bullshit is lame.

There was zero character development, and zero emotion in it.
I liked it more than you did here. But I do agree if felt very 80s action/buddy cop derivative.

Lethal Weapon turned sci-fi.

It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything special either. But I was entertained for 2 hours.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 12:41 PM 01-07-2018
I thought it would be real bad but I found I was pleasantly surprised by it. I didn't think think they got too heavy handed with the social commentary and it was generally a fun and enjoyable flick for what it was.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:16 PM 01-08-2018
No interest. I wish it would stop auto previewing every time I log in to Netflix on my Roku.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:49 PM 01-11-2018
Did I like it?

Not really.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:36 PM 01-12-2018
I liked it, but I wanted to like it more. It really was preachy as fuck, but there definitely were elements that I enjoyed and make a sequel intriguing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
While I wouldn't say it was good I did like it.
it wasn't as bad as others have said. I was entertained after the wand appeared. Liked the stunts and action.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:04 PM 01-12-2018
Everyone trying to steal the wand. Just let them fucking have it and watch them blow the fuck up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Everyone trying to steal the wand. Just let them fucking have it and watch them blow the fuck up.
They dont have to touch it to use its value. Someone would pay a lot for it. Part of the sale would get them to make their body whole, give them millions etc.

But, if they know how to use it, they can just go back in time and undo the transaction just to fuck them over.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:36 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They dont have to touch it to use its value. Someone would pay a lot for it. Part of the sale would get them to make their body whole, give them millions etc.

But, if they know how to use it, they can just go back in time and undo the transaction just to fuck them over.
The elf chick did know how to use it, yet instead of doing anything she lets everyone get chased and shot at all night. And that's not exactly the only gaping plot hole.

The movie was mildly entertaining, but it was mostly pretty shit with a dose of preaching.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:47 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I liked it, but I wanted to like it more.
That's an odd statement.

Why?...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up