ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Bright: Did you like it
BleedingRed 08:42 AM 12-29-2017
I'd add more, but I loved it. LoTR's meets Training day. I thought it was great and can't wait to see part 2.

I think Netflix is on to something, and their content is typically great. They are spending 18 Billion in 2018 to make movies and new content.

So what did y'all think of the movie/concept?

[Reply]
RobBlake 03:53 PM 12-29-2017
The wife has no chemistry with will
[Reply]
JakeLV 03:59 PM 12-29-2017
I thought it was great. More world building would have been great, but they gave us a peek, and the orc-based racism for the LAPD I thought was a neat analogy.

The second though, I feel will boom or bust. Many open plot threads from the 1st movie, that should they be forgotten about, will likely ruin the movie for me.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:04 PM 12-29-2017
It was interesting. Potential for better stories in this universe, but this one just wasn't all that great.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:14 PM 12-29-2017
Alien Nation meets bad boys II
[Reply]
NewChief 12:14 AM 12-30-2017
I am a sucker for Shadowrun and urban fantasy, so I obviously liked it.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:29 AM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
First thing I thought of was Alien Nation with Orcs instead of aliens
Me too.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:30 AM 12-30-2017
From what I've been hearing/reading Bright is the exact opposite of TLJ: critics hate it and the audience loves it.

I was meh before hearing that (I'm not big into fantasy) but now I feel like I have to watch it...
[Reply]
Rausch 08:31 AM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
It was interesting. Potential for better stories in this universe, but this one just wasn't all that great.
If you had no choice but to give it a 7 out of 10 or 3 out of 10 which side would you fall on?...
[Reply]
unlurking 08:57 AM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
If you had no choice but to give it a 7 out of 10 or 3 out of 10 which side would you fall on?...
Easily a 7. I'd probably give it a 6.5 if not restricted to a 7 or a 3.

As others have said, the world building and character development are weak. The story is basically a movie long chase scene. On the bright side (yeah, that was bad), the acting isn't bad and the universe and characters have lots of room to grow. It could be very good as a series with good writers.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:36 PM 12-30-2017
Made it through twenty minutes or so. Over the top social justice messaging combined with Will Smith being the exact same characters he always is make this a non starter for me.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:58 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
First thing I thought of was Alien Nation with Orcs instead of aliens
Same here. It was just a terrible movie.
[Reply]
smith11 02:05 PM 12-31-2017
i didnt see it..but i loved it
[Reply]
jimidollar 02:09 PM 12-31-2017
It was entertaining. Definitely not original, but what is these days?
[Reply]
Rausch 08:24 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Made it through twenty minutes or so. Over the top social justice messaging combined with Will Smith being the exact same characters he always is make this a non starter for me.
:-)
[Reply]
unlurking 09:26 AM 01-01-2018
The evil perpetrators were female. So it's social justice messaging when women are good guys (Star Wars) and social justice messaging when they are bad guys (Bright)? Or is the concern that Elves hate Orcs and persecute them? Or is the concern that Orcs are supposed to be persecuted because that's the natural balance (Elf Power!)?

There are three classes of "people" in this movie, and humans are in the middle. Is the social justice messaging that humans are the lapdogs of the elves? That humans treat Orcs as badly as the elves (Orc Lives Matter!)? Or that the Orcs deserve it for serving the Dark Lord?

Are we seriously being offended by a fantasy movie? Are we snowflakes?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up