ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2017-18 Shocker basketball thread.
HemiEd 05:54 PM 12-09-2017
I am shocked we don't have one already.

May be their best team ever and they have had some great teams.

Ranked number 6 and beat a 7-1 OSU on their court today by 10.

Shockers are now 8-1 with their only loss to ND in the Maui final on a impossible last second come back by the Irish.

Discuss :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:45 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
No they have a bunch of guys that suck that don't play any defense.

Graham is legit though.
Guess they escaped the Wildcats today, sorry I missed it.

Speaking of escapes, after the Shockers demolishing two opponents this week, Tulsa gave the Shocks a good game tonight, 72-69.

I was really looking forward to this Tulsa game, they are an old rival. We hated Tulsa when I was attending WSU.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:40 AM 01-18-2018
Oops, no escaping the Mustangs, in your house. I'm fairly shocked by this.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:48 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Oops, no escaping the Mustangs, in your house. I'm fairly shocked by this.
Yeah, it was Shocking and hard to watch at times. SMU's Shake Milton was in a zone, could not miss. He put on a clinic.

He was the preseason selection for player of the year or something like that and he showed the country why.

It could actually be a good thing for the Shockers in the long run .
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:58 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, it was Shocking and hard to watch at times. SMU's Shake Milton was in a zone, could not miss. He put on a clinic.

He was the preseason selection for player of the year or something like that and he showed the country why.

It could actually be a good thing for the Shockers in the long run
I'm hoping this is the case. Too many years just cruising through the MVC never really left WSU battle tested for the Tourney.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 01:17 PM 01-18-2018
I fully expected this to be a bit of a transition season. We wanted a more challenging conference that would better prepare us for March. I never expected us to plow through the AAC undefeated or without a few losses. 3G will get a game plan together and the guys will learn and rise to the challenge.

Onward! GO SHOX!
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:55 PM 01-18-2018
going to see them play saturday here in houston!
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:37 PM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
I fully expected this to be a bit of a transition season. We wanted a more challenging conference that would better prepare us for March. I never expected us to plow through the AAC undefeated or without a few losses. 3G will get a game plan together and the guys will learn and rise to the challenge.

Onward! GO SHOX!

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Wu Shock!!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:10 PM 01-20-2018
Am I wrong when I say that this is a much better team without Conner in the lineup?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:26 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Am I wrong when I say that this is a much better team without Conner in the lineup?
That's what I see as well.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:04 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If he's not scoring, which he wasn't early, he should be on the bench. Other teams target him in their offense, he's kind of poor on D, always has been,
Unfortunately
[Reply]
TEX 08:23 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Coogs played well. It was pay back time!

Just one game and UH needed it. Lots of season left. Hopefully they can keep it up. Shockers wil be there throughout.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:52 PM 01-28-2018
Great game tonight by Reaves, holy crap that was fun to watch. 7 for 7 on threes in the first half with 23 points. Totally made up for the slump that Shamet and Frankamp are in,. Morris was money.

They were behind quite a bit, but ended up winning 90-71

Oh, and Conner Frankamp lost his 3 point streak after 40 some games, he got benched mid second half.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:29 AM 01-29-2018
Glad to see them back on the winning track. Hopefully Shamet and Conners slump blows over soon.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:12 AM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
Glad to see them back on the winning track. Hopefully Shamet and Conners slump blows over soon.
Shamet needs to start driving to the basket again. He got lazy because he was making over 50% of his threes and started just sitting on the perimeter.

We really need Shamet and McDuffie to go back to their roots. Slashers that can dish and shoot the rock. Don't know if it because of their injuries or not. If Shamet and McDuffie start to drive to the hoop again this is a Final Four team. If we continue on our current path then we are a Sweet 16 team at best.

Also I love Frankamp. However, I have never seen a guy more into his head than him. How can such a great shooter go into these drastic slumps is mind boggling. His defense is actually pretty good for his size and athleticism. He is very smart with the ball. He is just jackal and hyde with his scoring ability.

Last point. I love Reaves farm tuff defense. Kid looks like he could get knocked over with a gust of wind but man does he play some good defence.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:48 AM 02-02-2018
Shocking outcome @ Temple.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up