ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2017-18 Shocker basketball thread.
HemiEd 05:54 PM 12-09-2017
I am shocked we don't have one already.

May be their best team ever and they have had some great teams.

Ranked number 6 and beat a 7-1 OSU on their court today by 10.

Shockers are now 8-1 with their only loss to ND in the Maui final on a impossible last second come back by the Irish.

Discuss :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:22 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Rankings are in. Wichita State #3 in the country. Jayhawks are #13 in the AP poll. :-)

Kansas lost to a very good ASU team. However, the lost to Washington was a really bad loss. They only have 7 scholarship players right now and could be a good team by the end of the year.

They were just ranked way to high because of the name on their jersey.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Also I love the move to the AAC. So amazing to be able to watch Wichita State and their entire conference on National Channels. The exposure is going to do us wonders in recruiting.
ASU wasn't that good. They were OK, but they weren't a team KU should be losing to. Especially a top 5 KU team.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:18 AM 12-16-2017
Wichita state with a huge game against Oklahoma tomorrow at 3. Should be a battle.
Looking forward to it, a tune up before the Chiefs game. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:26 AM 12-23-2017
This team is going to give Greg Marshall a heart attack if they don't quit getting behind and play some defense early.

That was a good Florida Gulf Coast team but darn, it was a nail biter for quite a while.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:45 AM 12-23-2017
I missed it in the broadcast. What did Morris do to get the T?
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:26 PM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I missed it in the broadcast. What did Morris do to get the T?
Sorry, guess I missed that as well. I wasn't watching it real time, about 45 minutes behind so I could ffwd through commercials.

Must have gone right by it.
He wasn't feeling good and wasn't having his best game. In fact, I don't think he even started.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:31 PM 12-23-2017
Good luck solidifying that D with Conner in the lineup. I'm not quite sure why this is so mystifying for Marshall at this point.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:57 AM 01-05-2018
Great start for the Shocks in their new conference, winning on the road at UConn and then beating a 12-2 Houston team last night 81-63.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:06 AM 01-05-2018
Did I hear them say last night they're trying to call their place the "shock shack"?

That's really, and I mean really, gay
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:28 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Did I hear them say last night they're trying to call their place the "shock shack"?

That's really, and I mean really, gay
I didn't hear that as I watch most games with the audio turned off. :-)

That wouldn't be my choice for names, prefer the old name that has been around for as long as I have followed the team. "The Round House."
[Reply]
lcarus 09:35 AM 01-05-2018
I always root for Wichita St second after Kansas. Kansas sucks a little bit of dick this year so at least they're doing well
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:47 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I always root for Wichita St second after Kansas. Kansas sucks a little bit of dick this year so at least they're doing well
I am with you as I root for all Kansas teams, Shocks first, then KU and KSU.

I have only watched one KU game this year, do they have a bunch of "one and dones" that aren't playing as a team?

Shockers are loaded with seniors and I hope like heck that Landry Shamet sticks around and doesn't jump to the NBA.
[Reply]
redfan 11:27 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

I have only watched one KU game this year, do they have a bunch of "one and dones" that aren't playing as a team?

Shockers are loaded with seniors and I hope like heck that Landry Shamet sticks around and doesn't jump to the NBA.
Loved watching that kid last year in the tourney, here's to another nice run!
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:41 AM 01-05-2018

I can hope like crazy that Shamet will stay but I think he is 95% gone after this year. He is just too good of a player and will have to many NBA scouts in his ear.

I do think because of the injury that McDuffie is 50/50. It really depends how well we show up in March. If we have a dominating run to the Final Four with Shamet and McDuffie leading the charge. We will most likely lose both of them.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:28 PM 01-05-2018
I can hope like crazy that Shamet will stay but I think he is 95% gone after this year. He is just too good of a player and will have to many NBA scouts in his ear.

I do think because of the injury that McDuffie is 50/50. It really depends how well we show up in March. If we have a dominating run to the Final Four with Shamet and McDuffie leading the charge. We will most likely lose both of them.
I agree with you on Shamet, he was unstoppable again last night.

To me, McDuffie just seems to be trying too hard and hasn't got his game back after the injury.

Fortunately, the bench is loaded and I guess one heck of a recruiting class coming in.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:31 PM 01-05-2018

No they have a bunch of guys that suck that don't play any defense.

Graham is legit though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up