ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2017-18 Shocker basketball thread.
HemiEd 05:54 PM 12-09-2017
I am shocked we don't have one already.

May be their best team ever and they have had some great teams.

Ranked number 6 and beat a 7-1 OSU on their court today by 10.

Shockers are now 8-1 with their only loss to ND in the Maui final on a impossible last second come back by the Irish.

Discuss :-)
[Reply]
threebag 06:16 PM 12-09-2017
I look for them to climb to #3 Monday

Hell of a team this year for sure
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:50 PM 12-09-2017
Morris might actually kill a fool this year. I’m glad they got out of the valley.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:39 PM 12-09-2017
Marshall is worth every penny.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:32 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Morris might actually kill a fool this year. I’m glad they got out of the valley.
He is a man among boys pretty often. Yeah me too, this is going to be a fun ride. Been kicking some Big12 tail on the road!

Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Marshall is worth every penny.
For sure, the absolute perfect coach for the Shockers. Been a long time coming since the Smithson days.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:41 AM 12-10-2017
Thanks for starting this thread! Very happy with the team so far. Glad we moved to AAC and I love that we have 2 Big 12 scalps on the wall this season! Looking to grab OU next. GO SHOX!
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:44 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
Thanks for starting this thread! Very happy with the team so far. Glad we moved to AAC and I love that we have 2 Big 12 scalps on the wall this season! Looking to grab OU next. GO SHOX!
Did you hear them giving Bill Self (love the Jayhawks also) some crap about not playing the Shockers yesterday? :-)

The AAC was a great move and has a great record against the top 25 so far this year.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:48 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Did you hear them giving Bill Self (love the Jayhawks also) some crap about not playing the Shockers yesterday? :-)

The AAC was a great move and has a great record against the top 25 so far this year.
Yeah that was a nice poke at Self. :-) It triggered some discussion here at the house because my oldest daughter is a KU fan but she's not the typical cocky KU so thats nice. She likes the Shockers as well and agreed KU should do some type of regular non-conference meeting.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:37 AM 12-11-2017
I was actually going to make this thread a week ago but hadn't gotten around to it. WSU has a team that should make the Elite 8/Final 4 this year. Anything else would be a disappointment in my eyes.

After 2 good wins over Baylor and OSU. (Destroying the Big 12 :-)) WSU should be ranked in the top 5 today. I am guessing they will be rank 3rd and leap frog over the Jayhawks.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:01 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I was actually going to make this thread a week ago but hadn't gotten around to it. WSU has a team that should make the Elite 8/Final 4 this year. Anything else would be a disappointment in my eyes.

After 2 good wins over Baylor and OSU. (Destroying the Big 12 :-)) WSU should be ranked in the top 5 today. I am guessing they will be rank 3rd and leap frog over the Jayhawks.
Yeah, I was thinking about making it for a while also, but wanted to do a search first, just in case I had missed it.

They should leapfrog them, didn't KU lose it's second game in a row to a PAC-12 team yesterday? That just isn't right.

My guess is they have a bunch of "one and dones" that haven't come together yet, but I haven't paid much attention.

Sure enjoying the Shocks games being on the tube here in the Ozarks.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:49 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, I was thinking about making it for a while also, but wanted to do a search first, just in case I had missed it.

They should leapfrog them, didn't KU lose it's second game in a row to a PAC-12 team yesterday? That just isn't right.

My guess is they have a bunch of "one and dones" that haven't come together yet, but I haven't paid much attention.

Sure enjoying the Shocks games being on the tube here in the Ozarks.
Rankings are in. Wichita State #3 in the country. Jayhawks are #13 in the AP poll. :-)

Kansas lost to a very good ASU team. However, the lost to Washington was a really bad loss. They only have 7 scholarship players right now and could be a good team by the end of the year.

They were just ranked way to high because of the name on their jersey.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Also I love the move to the AAC. So amazing to be able to watch Wichita State and their entire conference on National Channels. The exposure is going to do us wonders in recruiting.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:04 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Rankings are in. Wichita State #3 in the country. Jayhawks are #13 in the AP poll. :-)

Kansas lost to a very good ASU team. However, the lost to Washington was a really bad loss. They only have 7 scholarship players right now and could be a good team by the end of the year.

They were just ranked way to high because of the name on their jersey.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Also I love the move to the AAC. So amazing to be able to watch Wichita State and their entire conference on National Channels. The exposure is going to do us wonders in recruiting.
Move to the AAC was a long time coming. WSU was losing out playing in the weak MVC. You'll keep getting better and better recruits playing in the AAC, and Gregg is the perfect coach for WSU.

As far as this being the best WSU team, I don't think it's there, but man are they a lot of fun to watch play. Though it is amazing how much better they are with Frankamp on the bench. Even when Connor is hitting shots, he's giving them up on the opposite end.

I do have one minor gripe. I love everything else about his game, but man is Shamet a flopper. Great defender, good scorer, and good field general, but man, I just can't stomach floppers. I know it's part of the game and if the refs are going to reward him for doing it, he should keep doing it. Still leaves a bad impression for me.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 01:15 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Move to the AAC was a long time coming. WSU was losing out playing in the weak MVC. You'll keep getting better and better recruits playing in the AAC, and Gregg is the perfect coach for WSU.

As far as this being the best WSU team, I don't think it's there, but man are they a lot of fun to watch play. Though it is amazing how much better they are with Frankamp on the bench. Even when Connor is hitting shots, he's giving them up on the opposite end.

I do have one minor gripe. I love everything else about his game, but man is Shamet a flopper. Great defender, good scorer, and good field general, but man, I just can't stomach floppers. I know it's part of the game and if the refs are going to reward him for doing it, he should keep doing it. Still leaves a bad impression for me.
Yeah I am not crazy about flopping myself. That kind of behavior hasn't been a regular activity of our program and I kind of hope Gregg stops it. I still haven't bought into Frankamp either. He seems streaky and he's not covering the defense on the other end as you pointed out.

I think this is an exciting season and they are getting better each game.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:17 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

Connor works his butt off on the defensive end. He is just overmatched when playing very athletic teams. I think he can play adequate D and help the team as long as he is really aggressive on offensive. If he is playing passive or having an off shooting night he needs to be on the bench.

Shamet is an amazing player. I really really hate the flopping also. I just don't like basketball being played that way. But it is how the game is played now so use what you can.

However, Shamet needs to stop with all the turnovers this year. He had an amazing assist/turnover ratio last year but I think he is just pushing it to much. Some really bad passes lately that we just don't need. They actually moved Connor to point guard last game and we played a lot better after that.

Now the best part. This month we get back statistically our best player back from last year. McDuffie is a hell of an offensive and defensive threat. Plus that should end up putting Brown on the bench who is a complete offensive liability at this point.

Can't wait to see how good we can be once McDuffie is back in the starting line up. This could be a really special season.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:30 PM 12-15-2017
Wichita state with a huge game against Oklahoma tomorrow at 3. Should be a battle.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up