BigRichard 01:10 PM 11-28-2017

Updated with the real one
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:14 PM 01-13-2018
You’re such a pussy. Good God.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:34 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Let it be noted that you're the one that invoked Trump's name and politics in here, not Rausch. And he brought it up because Marvel was on a HUGE SJW tear with their storylines, just as I mentioned. Females had taken on the Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine characters, and that's just off the top of my head.

Rausch isn't "posting his political views" in here, he's commenting on how Marvel got uber-political with their comic book product and how it mostly backfired on them.
I've been and still consider myself a friend of Rausch. Just like Frazod. Just because they like Trump hasn't changed that l consider them friends. Because of that, l said something. It wasn't a challenge or something l think violated TOS. If it was Pete or PB, I'm sure l wouldn't have said anything.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:20 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
If you want to replace shit characters, I'm fine with that. When you start replacing iconic characters, especially those with unique origins, instead of just creating new ones, I'm no longer fine with it. And, when you start doing it for political reasons, you can **** off and die.
This is exactly what Marvel did and ruined their comix.

Peter David is a big time liberal but he's my favorite comix writer. He does come at stories from a left perspective but he writes excellent stories - not advertisements for his political beliefs.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:28 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've been and still consider myself a friend of Rausch. Just like Frazod. Just because they like Trump hasn't changed that l consider them friends. Because of that, l said something. It wasn't a challenge or something l think violated TOS. If it was Pete or PB, I'm sure l wouldn't have said anything.
I don't have any problem with it.

And I don't care if you love or hate Trump. The point is that Marvel made a point of taking Cap, crapping on his character by making him a literal Nazi, and then creating a story that directly compares NaziCap to Trump.

People don't actually believe how bad Marvel has gotten and assume I'm just reading into things because of my beliefs. Uh, no.

Here's an example:

NSFW

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:22 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yes, and one of the guys behind it has recently gone over to DC, where he'll almost certainly set about ruining that brand.

Peter David is a big time liberal but he's my favorite comix writer. He does come at stories from a left perspective but he writes excellent stories - not advertisements for his political beliefs.
I've actually read some of his novels, and enjoyed them as mindless reading.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:45 AM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Yes, and one of the guys behind it has recently gone over to DC, where he'll almost certainly set about ruining that brand.

I've actually read some of his novels, and enjoyed them as mindless reading.
I'd recommend "Incredible Hulk Visionaries - Peter David, Vol. 1, Vol. 2, and Vol. 3."

If you don't want to pay for them (and I would argue they're worth it) there are other ways to read them. I do highly recommend reading them though...
[Reply]
Bowser 08:00 PM 01-20-2018

[Reply]
Rausch 11:17 AM 01-23-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
"Mark Waid's Daredevil may have been loved by every harry-assed-hemp-stinking-hipster in the pacific northwest but it sold like liquid ball cancer..."

:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up