Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Amazon HQ2 to KC?
Schnitzel 08:19 AM 10-11-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...178220811.html

Discuss
[Reply]
Hamwallet 07:52 AM 10-12-2017
Status? That's funny. They already bought a few warehouses and fixed them up in Kansas City.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:01 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Status? That's funny. They already bought a few warehouses and fixed them up in Kansas City.
Those were for free 3 day shipping of packages to prime members
[Reply]
JimBaker48.8 08:06 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by sportsman1:
Texas media outlets keep hyping that they are putting in bids, as well. The 2nd HQ could end up anywhere, although rumors are Texas cities are out of consideration because of all the hype about the bathroom bill this summer.
Bezoes is not gonna locate a HQs down here in Texas anyplace, too many right-wingers with political views just opposite from his. Remember this guy bought the Washington Post ( a very progressive publication), so he's into the political scene.
I think Toronto, Denver, SLC, & Boston are the top candidates.
KC would be in the running but it does not have a major airport with a hub carrier.
[Reply]
tyton75 08:39 AM 10-12-2017
Lease/Sell him the downtown airport and he can build his HQ at the Water Well baseball fields just north. I know it won't happen, but with all the trains there too... why not?!
[Reply]
wutamess 08:49 AM 10-12-2017
I heard that Austin would probably be the place from a current employee. Basically, it made sense for the one in Seattle and to have on down south. Our airport is too far away from the city.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:40 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Warehouses are one thing offices/ compasses are another.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:46 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
KC won't even come close to getting it.
Definitely true.

Especially when the young workforce there is made up of individuals with brains the size of yours.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:50 PM 10-12-2017
Are Indian Springs or metcalf north/south available :-)

In a few years maybe HQ3 can go where oak park mall is now
[Reply]
Paniero 09:06 PM 10-12-2017
DFW may be in the running. Dallas is liberal.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:10 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Definitely true.

Especially when the young workforce there is made up of individuals with brains the size of yours.
I'm smarter than you.
[Reply]
eDave 09:13 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
I'm smarter than you.
Easy Donald.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:26 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Are Indian Springs or metcalf north/south available :-)

In a few years maybe HQ3 can go where oak park mall is now
I don't think they are large enough but OPM is just at 100 acres but that would wipe everything off the plot, including Target
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:32 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Easy Donald.
He's been salty towards me for a bit not sure what the beef is just stating the obvious. Amazon won't come here. Kansas City has went all in trying to be a tourist city but we have below average infrastructure, high crime, and a shitty school district. I understand there's nothing sexy about fixing those things but it's the role of a city government/state to do. At this point the area would have better luck building a new airport in Gardener where a major train hub is along with s new Amazon facility.

http://www.edgertonks.org/BNSF/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:42 PM 10-12-2017
Mayor James can spam Amazon reviews all he wants but we've lost 50 percent of our information economy since 2007: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/SMU2...de_graphs=true
[Reply]
Cornstock 11:37 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
You make great points, although, the Oracle project has been a boon for me - I sell houses and condos in the downtown area for a builder. With Oracle coming from up north to the new campus on Riverside, we've had tons of employees needing homes. It's been pretty sweet.

Facebook just announced that they will be moving from their office on 6th to 2nd where the old Music Hall used to be, and will be boosting their workforce up to something like 1,500 people from 600(?). They also have the first right to buy the building as well.

I'm not sure where Amazon would go, though, if they brought it downtown. Probably the East side, though they would need a few square blocks if its going to really be their 2nd HQ. There's spots near Parker Lane just SE of DT where there are old ass Apartments they could buy out and build on.

I know a guy who is high up at Amazon and is loosely involved in the decision, though, and can confirm that the bathroom bill does hurt Texas cities chances. They aren't just ****ing around with that, which I actually think is cool.
Now that the bathroom bill is dead it increases our chances. I too have benefited, I'm in banking so I've got a lot of business from all the tech folks, particularly in the mortgage area.

Do y'all have a preferred lender you work with for selling those condos? If not, I'd love to team up with you
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up