« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Amazon HQ2 to KC?
Schnitzel 08:19 AM 10-11-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...178220811.html

Discuss
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:41 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
Edit ^^^^^^ beat me to it. KC has something almost know other place has on its side. Geogrpahy. Logistics definitely plays a role in this

Would seem to make great since from a logistucal standpoint. KC is in the heart of the US. Also, low tax incentives making KC more competitive and business friendly.
And the views of the mountains and ocean are spectacular in KC too. Maybe take JB to six mile cove on 4th of July....
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:52 PM 10-11-2017
Probably will end up in Denver due to legal devils lettuce much like their hq1

Where would they build an HQ in KC? Bannister is taken, I guess they could buy up google fiber since that business tried to launch in KC and failed.

They can ship in computer nerds so I don't think tech talent pool would be that big of a factor.

No income tax is appealing but Florida randomly caves into sink holes :-) so Texas would be the better choice.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:55 PM 10-11-2017
An existing and sustainable talent pool seems like a top priority.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:57 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Probably will end up in Denver due to legal devils lettuce much like their hq1

Where would they build an HQ in KC? Bannister is taken, I guess they could buy up google fiber since that business tried to launch in KC and failed.

They can ship in computer nerds so I don't think tech talent pool would be that big of a factor.

No income tax is appealing but Florida randomly caves into sink holes :-) so Texas would be the better choice.
Since when is Google Fiber gone?
Attached: fiber.jpg (29.3 KB) 
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:58 PM 10-11-2017
They will pay to relocate the right talent, they just need affordable living outside of Seattle
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:03 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Since when is Google Fiber gone?
That business operates at a loss, clock is ticking
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:25 PM 10-11-2017
That business operates at a loss, clock is ticking
Do you read palms too???
[Reply]
Shag 07:39 PM 10-11-2017
They will pay to relocate the right talent, they just need affordable living outside of Seattle
Yet, it has to be a place people want to relocate to.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:43 PM 10-11-2017
Yep, the right talent want amenities in addition to reasonable housing costs to relocate.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:22 PM 10-11-2017
I love KC, and it will always be home to me, but I am 31 and left when I was 25 because it was boring as ****.

Like, unless you are married at 22, it's a terrible, terrible place to live as an unmarried twenty-something.

The only thing that would have kept me aside from family, was BBQ and the sports. For someone who is relocating, none of those three things are worth moving for - their family is probably elsewhere, there's good restaurants in any city, and the Royals, Chiefs, KU, KSU & Mizzou aren't their hometown teams.

If they want the "Overland Park" experience, there's suburbia outside of every major city that can scratch that itch. Again, not to piss on anyone that lives there, but I don't see how in the world they could convince the talent that they need to move to KC.

It hurts me to say it, but its true.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Maybe, maybe not.

The one thing KC has over ALL other cities putting in a bid - I-35, I-70, I-49, I-29. We're in the middle of the country with easy access to everywhere, and that saves them money on shipping all their shit all over the country.
thats not what a HQ is about. That's why they have fulfillment centers all over the USA. Totally separate logistic and business needs.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:19 PM 10-11-2017
Your other cities all have really thick air. Denver has thin air that produces fewer collisions between busy executives and oxygen molecules.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:29 PM 10-11-2017
Amazon can't ship packages to kcmo in 2 days for prime members. Numerous times this has happened to me.

2 "Prime days" = 3 actual days
This is great thing for me. I bitch every time, get a free month of prime and prime is essentially free.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:45 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Your other cities all have really thick air. Denver has thin air that produces fewer collisions between busy executives and oxygen molecules.
Pot is legal in Denver, In Platte County 3-6 months
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:46 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This is great thing for me. I bitch every time, get a free month of prime and prime is essentially free.

They gave me 2 free Fire Phones..
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up