1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Amazon HQ2 to KC?
Schnitzel 08:19 AM 10-11-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...178220811.html

Discuss
[Reply]
redfan 08:23 AM 10-11-2017
FTA: Maybe, maybe not.
'Ol Sly seems to think it's happening; because of that, I'd bet not.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:25 AM 10-11-2017
From the article: "Proposals to Amazon are not due until Oct. 19."

I'm sure this is just a PR push to announce that KC is submitting it's bid. Would be happily proved wrong, though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 AM 10-11-2017
Amazon just opened two fulfillment centers in Lenexa. The one I work at part time was rated the #1 fulfillment center of it's type in the country.

They're coming here. This is going to be great for the local economy.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:36 AM 10-11-2017
Airport doesn't have enough direct flights to the requisite places, no public transport, not enough desirable housing and there cities with cheaper commercial real estate.
[Reply]
TLO 08:41 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Airport doesn't have enough direct flights to the requisite places, no public transport, not enough desirable housing and there cities with cheaper commercial real estate.
Jesus Christ you seem like a depressing individual
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:42 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by TLO:
K.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:46 AM 10-11-2017
Be careful what you wish for..
[Reply]
DaFace 08:51 AM 10-11-2017
That stuff is all literally listed in the requirements from Amazon.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:52 AM 10-11-2017
Sorry, St. Pete is getting the HQ.
[Reply]
TLO 08:58 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That stuff is all literally listed in the requirements from Amazon.
Then why would KC even bother submitting a bid? Sounds like they are out of the running before the starting whistle.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:59 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Amazon just opened two fulfillment centers in Lenexa. The one I work at part time was rated the #1 fulfillment center of it's type in the country.

They're coming here. This is going to be great for the local economy.
If Panties says it's going to happen...

I alway listen to the part time customer service tech. from a "fulfillment" center when it comes to major economic deals.

KC is due to give away the farm to Amazon but at what cost? What will we learn from Cerner at a cost of 1.63 Billion dollars?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 AM 10-11-2017
Then why would KC even bother submitting a bid? Sounds like they are out of the running before the starting whistle.
We supposedly got a shot at this because we have a spot right on the highway. Where the Rays play now, Tropicana dome. They are going to move to a new site.

Plenty of room for parking and expansion but not far from all the cool stuff mellinals are flocking to from all over the USA. It has the "cool" factor to help Amazon attract the top talent from all over. They will be able to walk from the office to their condos and really cool restaurants and bars and there is a grocery store there too,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammil.../#17a775211057
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
If Panties says it's going to happen...
:-)

They didn't open two fulfillment centers here within weeks of each other for no reason.

It's happening. They fly in people from all around the country to run things at our facility. This place is already the center for a lot of activity, and the fact things are running so well here (#1 fulfillment center in the country) is a good sign.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:12 AM 10-11-2017
Maybe KC is excited because they're only about 10 hours east of where the new headquarters will be.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up