ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 68
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>QB Impressions
Direckshun 12:25 AM 01-03-2017
First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:03 PM 03-01-2017
No good QBs this year wait til next year
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:46 PM 03-01-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
/Chiefs fans every draft season
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:12 AM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Right. Last year, Prescott was a shit prospect and now everybody is sucking his dick.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:31 AM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
/Chiefs fans every draft season
CP is all about drafting a QB just to draft a QB and the guys they've wanted have all sucked. Very few on here actually watch college football.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:55 AM 03-02-2017
I'd be jumping up and down if they take Mahomes at 27, Billay.

I was a huge Brett Favre fan and if they draft Mahomes, both sides of the football will be fun to watch.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 AM 03-02-2017
Mahommes hands are barely over 9 inches. Please god let teams freak out over this like they did with Carr/Bridgewater.

Fall down that board Pat!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:07 AM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right. Last year, Prescott was a shit prospect and now everybody is sucking his dick.
You're stretching this. He waa viewed fairly positive but tumbled because he was stupid and got a DUI shortly before the draft.

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Casserly say's there are no legit 1st rdrs this year and a handful of teams will get burned because of their need pushing these guys up from actual 3rd to 4th rd actual talent. Is he correct ??
2nd, 3rd round talent will be pushed up the board every single draft until significant nfl rule changes.

You have a system that encourages more people to leave school earlier which makes for more not ready players and a major demand for QBs rockets them up the board.

You either deal with it or suck shit for over 50 years.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:00 PM 03-02-2017

Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

— michael lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) March 3, 2017

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:39 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I'd be jumping up and down if they take Mahomes at 27, Billay.

I was a huge Brett Favre fan and if they draft Mahomes, both sides of the football will be fun to watch.
If Reid/Dorsey think the kid is worth a 1st who am I to question them? I'll be happy this franchise finally drafted a QB. I'm not sold on him though and see this as teams playing poker.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:42 AM 03-03-2017
Some of Greg Cosell's thoughts on this year's QB class...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...302-story.html

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 03-03-2017
Being a locked-leg passer is something that I just started watching for last season after seeing Charlie Casserly talk about it and yeah, it's a real thing and it fucking sucks.

Those guys can't drive the ball very well and they use that front leg as a crutch to almost 'lift' themselves into loft passes. It's a terrible habit and I don't understand how it's taught and not broken.

I haven't really dug into the QBs much, but that limits Trubisky's ceiling somewhat, IMO.

Mahomes and Kizer are still the two guys I think I'd really want from this class.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Being a locked-leg passer is something that I just started watching for last season after seeing Charlie Casserly talk about it and yeah, it's a real thing and it fucking sucks.

Those guys can't drive the ball very well and they use that front leg as a crutch to almost 'lift' themselves into loft passes. It's a terrible habit and I don't understand how it's taught and not broken.

I haven't really dug into the QBs much, but that limits Trubisky's ceiling somewhat, IMO.

Mahomes and Kizer are still the two guys I think I'd really want from this class.
This.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:07 PM 03-03-2017
Literally fuck all of these middling QB prospects.

I don't want any of them.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana:
Literally **** all of these middling QB prospects.

You gave Geno a higher grade than all of these guys?

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:33 PM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana:
Literally **** all of these middling QB prospects.

This is 98% of draft classes. 2018 draft class is a myth. All these hyped QB's will be gone and Mason Rudolph/Luke Falk are no different than these guys.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 68
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up