ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Blade Runner 2049
keg in kc 03:34 PM 12-19-2016

(Yeah I know the thread is a q but I ain't bumping anything wendler...)

(That's what she said)
[Reply]
Pablo 08:38 PM 10-09-2017
I thought it was very good and visually stunning. The wife didn't care for it but that probably had a lot to do with the unnecessary length of it.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:43 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Dune needs to be an HBO miniseries. Too much material for a single movie.

They really should let me approve the script, too, because if anybody ****s it up again I'm going on a homicidal rampage. :-)
I’ll trust Villeneuve with it. He did a great job with Bladerunner.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:57 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I thought it was very good and visually stunning. The wife didn't care for it but that probably had a lot to do with the unnecessary length of it.
My experience exactly. I can't really think of any scene or character that will stick in my brain the way the original did but that's really because the original obviously broke so much creative ground. It was really ahead of its time.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:58 PM 10-09-2017
Fucking epic. No other way to describe it.

Wow. Just wow.

So glad I re-watched the first one before seeing it. It is not necessary,but I feel like it really enhanced the experience.

Ryan Gosling was excellent...wait, did I just fucking say that?

Whole cast was great, script was great...just a fantastic sci-fi masterpiece all around.
[Reply]
-King- 10:24 PM 10-09-2017
At the movies right now. Guess I'll be THAT guy. It's long and boring as fuck. I've had to step out the theater twice (including now) just to walk around and take a break from it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Frazod 07:54 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
At the movies right now. Guess I'll be THAT guy. It's long and boring as fuck. I've had to step out the theater twice (including now) just to walk around and take a break from it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Figures :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:15 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
At the movies right now. Guess I'll be THAT guy. It's long and boring as ****. I've had to step out the theater twice (including now) just to walk around and take a break from it.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you have seen the first one you should have known what to expect right?

Although the original is 2 hours, it's still pretty slow paced.

These are not action films by any means, although they do contain a few action scenes
[Reply]
sully1983 09:24 AM 10-10-2017
The budget is damn near 200 million dollars. A shame its flopping at the box office though(no way it'll make back its budget) . oh well, I applaud the studio for giving the director the chance to make this film .
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:05 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
The budget is damn near 200 million dollars. A shame its flopping at the box office though(no way it'll make back its budget) . oh well, I applaud the studio for giving the director the chance to make this film .
It cost $150 million to make and with Foreign income after 3 days of its release, earned $83 million.

It'll at least break even, then earn additional revenues On Demand, Streaming and DVD/Blu Ray sales.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:39 AM 10-10-2017
Will be going this weekend. Based on king's dislike, I'm sure I'll love it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:57 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It cost $150 million to make and with Foreign income after 3 days of its release, earned $83 million.

It'll at least break even, then earn additional revenues On Demand, Streaming and DVD/Blu Ray sales.
WB seems to be willing more than most to take a chance on these big budget 'artist movies' which I applaud them for.

Another they did that was good but flopped was 'Cloud Atlas'
[Reply]
-King- 01:29 PM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If you have seen the first one you should have known what to expect right?

Although the original is 2 hours, it's still pretty slow paced.

These are not action films by any means, although they do contain a few action scenes
Never seen the first one.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 03:27 PM 10-10-2017
The AI girl got way too much screen time. I know that plot thread is there for a reason (to draw a parallel to replicants and what it is that makes someone human) but they played that card a little too much, got tiring.

(without spoilers) wasn't it incredibly stupid of them to visit the girl at the end? Wouldn't be hard for anyone to figure out why Decker and him stopped there when the entire point of everything was to keep it a secret..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:21 PM 10-10-2017
A remake clearly made by a Blade Runner fan that wasn't watered down for the masses.

Fucking amazing.
[Reply]
sully1983 12:54 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Oh nice. You would be correct. Just went over to boxofficemojo and its listed at 150 million so yeah, they can definitely break even here.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up