ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 230 of 268
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:48 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I don't think the Mouse wanted to deal with the Yuuzhan Vong storyline.
It was all about killing Chewie.

Star Wars Rebels has already introduced characters from the EU (Thrawn, Rukh) and made ships like the Hammerhead Corvette canon (which also played a big part in Rogue One) and so on.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:55 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, we will need somebody to **** shit up in the next movie..... probably too late to introduce another pure idiot major character into the trilogy at this point.
Don't underestimate their ability to fuck things up. They've done it beautifully with the last two films, and I'm sure they could find a way to add a blind half-black, half-asian, cross-dressing alien woman trapped in a man's body as Pippi Skywalker's love interest.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:24 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Star Wars Rebels has already introduced characters from the EU (Thrawn, Rukh) and made ships like the Hammerhead Corvette canon (which also played a big part in Rogue One) and so on.
Pablo has said many times... it's not canon, until it is. They're going to keep borrowing from the old EU. There have been a ton of examples of it already.

I never read any of that stuff. And I've only read two Star Wars "new canon" books as it is. So this stuff doesn't really matter to me. But I can understand the desire to have one unified universe going forward.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 03:13 PM 01-17-2018
I've stated I don't hate the new films, and I even question Finn's place in the story, beyond rescuing Poe. He's always just kind of there. His character is over acted, and he really hasn't been that important since the first 20 minutes of TFA.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:37 PM 01-17-2018

Not disputing that at all, but reading the synopsis of the whole YV storyline just struck as me being.. far removed from what I feel should be present in the SW mythos.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:13 PM 01-17-2018
Not disputing that at all, but reading the synopsis of the whole YV storyline just struck as me being.. far removed from what I feel should be present in the SW mythos.
I never read those novels but as Leeland Chee stated, all bets were off because publishing decided to kill off Chewie.

I'm sure that Lucasfilm will continue to incorporate characters and elements of the EU but avoid anything that's too crazy (like cloning Luke or some other Jedi Master).

Although in retrospect, it's kind of odd that they threw out the EU because Chewie was killed off yet in the very first movie after Return of the Jedi, they killed off Han Solo.

"We're going to disregard the EU because they killed Chewie but hey, let's kill Han Solo in the next episode instead!".
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:17 PM 01-17-2018
I never read those novels but as Leeland Chee stated, all bets were off because publishing decided to kill off Chewie.

I'm sure that Lucasfilm will continue to incorporate characters and elements of the EU but avoid anything that's too crazy (like cloning Luke or some other Jedi Master).

Although in retrospect, it's kind of odd that they threw out the EU because Chewie was killed off yet in the very first movie after Return of the Jedi, they killed off Han Solo.

"We're going to disregard the EU because they killed Chewie but hey, let's kill Han Solo in the next episode instead!".
Han Solo wanted out. Chewie needs the cash.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:02 PM 01-17-2018

Doesn't that lead you to believe that maybe you're a priori assumption is off then?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:27 PM 01-17-2018
I don't think the Mouse wanted to deal with the Yuuzhan Vong storyline.

Exactly.

It's a weak sauce excuse followed up with an even lamer and worse alternative.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:38 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
I've stated I don't hate the new films, and I even question Finn's place in the story, beyond rescuing Poe. He's always just kind of there. His character is over acted, and he really hasn't been that important since the first 20 minutes of TFA.
Saving Poe and then besting Phasma. What's left for him to do, have kids with Rose and take his brood to picket the evils inherent on Canto Bight? Hell, you can argue that for the whole damned film - what is anybody's place in the story now? The only storyline they have going is Kylo vs. Rey and Kylo vs. Hux for control of the First Order. Even in Kylo vs. Rey, it felt like an end to their story at the end as he "watched" her board the Falcon as she simultaneously "watched" him fully drink in his embarrassment/defeat.

I bet they time hop the story forward for IX. They have to.

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Han Solo wanted out. Chewie needs the cash.
Not that you're wrong or that it matters, but there is a new guy in the Chewie suit for TLJ. Peter Mayhew called it a career after TFA, apparently.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:50 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Not that you're wrong or that it matters, but there is a new guy in the Chewie suit for TLJ. Peter Mayhew called it a career after TFA, apparently.
Jonas actually performed more than 95% of Chewie's characterization in TFA.

Peter's old and his knees are shot. He was on set to help Jonas "learn" the character.

He's starring in Solo, too.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:05 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I was trying (and obviously failing) to make a joke. :-)
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:20 PM 01-18-2018

soc jus stinks

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:53 PM 01-18-2018
Some of you are just out of your minds on this. I finished what I believe was my fourth viewing of this movie, and your criticisms of Luke's character are just so far off the rez, I'm wondering if you actually viewed the film.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:54 PM 01-19-2018

[Reply]
Page 230 of 268
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Up