ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jeremiah Trotter thinks Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games
rabblerouser 09:34 PM 09-19-2015
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lot-of-games/

Originally Posted by Michael David Smith:
*by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013, 8:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Jeremiah Trotter played a total of seven seasons for Andy Reid in three different stints with the Eagles. And he thinks he lost a lot of games because Reid got out-coached.

“If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise,*I think the opponent’s team would win if it came down to coaching,” Trotter said on 97.5 The Fanatic, via Philly.com. “Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games,” Trotter continued. “Time outs, running the football, you know.”

Trotter said Reid’s offensive style made things different for the defense and the late defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who ran the defense in Philadelphia until his death in 2008.

“As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there’s times we’re sitting over there like, ‘Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.’ And I’m sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also,” Trotter said

Still, Trotter acknowledges that he won a lot of games during his time with Reid, and he says he would have given Reid a 7.5 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. I shudder to think what he’d say about a coach who was a 1.
Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:38 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Is Charles now the "accountability" guy?

Sad.
The whole thing is fucking sad.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:41 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Is Charles now the "accountability" guy?

Sad.
The fucking absentee owner doesn't hold anyone accountable so thankfully someone is speaking up.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:58 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
The fucking absentee owner doesn't hold anyone accountable so thankfully someone is speaking up.
True.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:42 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
The ****ing absentee owner doesn't hold anyone accountable so thankfully someone is speaking up.
The only thing Chunt cares about is asses in the seats.

The stupid motherfucker didn't even want to fire Pioli, his family and Mark Donovan had to overrule him.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 10:04 PM 09-29-2015
Seems like when the Offense can't execute the scripted drives is when the weird playcalling comes in. Players play a part in it, too.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:21 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Seems like when the Offense can't execute the scripted drives is when the weird playcalling comes in. Players play a part in it, too.
If that's the case, it's pretty fucked up because Bill Walsh scripted his first 15 plays for a reason, trying to exploit certain mismatches and attack certain areas of the defense and based on how those plays went he would call the rest of the game.

Only a terrible coach gets flustered when things don't go right and starts throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

That being said...

I don't think Reid gets flustered and starts calling weird plays; that would show some type of awareness and reaction. He just calls weird stuff sometimes. It's what makes Andy...Andy.

Maybe we can put the scripted plays on a bib??

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:01 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
If that's the case, it's pretty ****ed up because Bill Walsh scripted his first 15 plays for a reason, trying to exploit certain mismatches and attack certain areas of the defense and based on how those plays went he would call the rest of the game.

Only a terrible coach gets flustered when things don't go right and starts throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

That being said...

I don't think Reid gets flustered and starts calling weird plays; that would show some type of awareness and reaction. He just calls weird stuff sometimes. It's what makes Andy...Andy.

Maybe we can put the scripted plays on a bib??
Didn't work.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 10:06 AM 10-05-2015
Is it really a surprise? Reid is the most overrated coach in the league.
[Reply]
aturnis 10:15 AM 10-05-2015
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lot-of-games/

Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.
Is this news?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10-05-2015, 01:10 PM
This message has been deleted by rabblerouser.
rabblerouser 06:03 PM 10-11-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Is this news?
No.

That's kinda the point - it's who Andy Reid is.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:57 PM 10-23-2015
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
Is it really a surprise? Reid is the most overrated coach in the league.
USA Today, here's looking at you.
[Reply]
KCTitus 01:25 PM 10-23-2015
I had to go back and look to see the exact year, but I do remember the Eagles coming in and beating KC. It was 2005 and typically, if KC got up by more than 14, they won the game. In this case with 4 minutes before half time, KC took a 24-6 lead, Philly did score just before half to bring to an eleven point game. They went on to score 18 unanswered...

Granted KC's defense back then wasnt that great, but KC's vaunted offense got shut down before a late last minute TD to make it 37-31 Eagles.

I remember that game distinctly because back then if KC got a decent lead, it could outscore opponents. Probably the only time in the Vermeil era another team came back from a 14+ point deficit to win.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:36 AM 01-20-2016
Well, Reid got outcoached by Belichick. Anyone surprised?
[Reply]
Rausch 07:42 AM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I had to go back and look to see the exact year, but I do remember the Eagles coming in and beating KC. It was 2005 and typically, if KC got up by more than 14, they won the game. In this case with 4 minutes before half time, KC took a 24-6 lead, Philly did score just before half to bring to an eleven point game. They went on to score 18 unanswered...

Granted KC's defense back then wasnt that great, but KC's vaunted offense got shut down before a late last minute TD to make it 37-31 Eagles.

I remember that game distinctly because back then if KC got a decent lead, it could outscore opponents. Probably the only time in the Vermeil era another team came back from a 14+ point deficit to win.
Beating KC in any era doesn't exactly bolster a HC's cred...
[Reply]
loochy 08:12 AM 01-20-2016
Well, Reid got outcoached by Belichick. Anyone surprised?
Being outcoached by Belichick doesn't say much. It's not like he got owned by Brian Daboll or anything.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up