ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jeremiah Trotter thinks Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games
rabblerouser 09:34 PM 09-19-2015
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lot-of-games/

Originally Posted by Michael David Smith:
*by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013, 8:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Jeremiah Trotter played a total of seven seasons for Andy Reid in three different stints with the Eagles. And he thinks he lost a lot of games because Reid got out-coached.

“If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise,*I think the opponent’s team would win if it came down to coaching,” Trotter said on 97.5 The Fanatic, via Philly.com. “Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games,” Trotter continued. “Time outs, running the football, you know.”

Trotter said Reid’s offensive style made things different for the defense and the late defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who ran the defense in Philadelphia until his death in 2008.

“As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there’s times we’re sitting over there like, ‘Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.’ And I’m sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also,” Trotter said

Still, Trotter acknowledges that he won a lot of games during his time with Reid, and he says he would have given Reid a 7.5 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. I shudder to think what he’d say about a coach who was a 1.
Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:41 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Exactly. Kubiak's coaching was so bad it appears that Manning started ignoring him and running his own offense.
Reid got outcoached by Manning.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:42 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by tk13:
You just have to execute.
Our offense relies on short passes becoming big gains.

They don't.

And knowing they don't, mostly because we only have one legit WR, Reid still calls his ideal game plan.

The one player (Charles) most likely to turn a mundane play into a big gain he ignores and under-utilizes.

Then he takes that player and kills his morale...
[Reply]
tk13 10:42 AM 09-20-2015
Glazer on the FOX pregame today said for that final drive, Kubiak basically told Manning "Go do your thing" and let him call all the plays.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:42 AM 09-20-2015
Reid out coached his own damn self.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:43 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Reid out coached his own damn self.
Keep that in mind if/when we make the playoffs again...
[Reply]
Brock 10:45 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
NFL head coaches have always been "bad", which is why so many are fired and hired each year. And the reason for this is simple:

There is only so much one man can do from the sidelines.

Players have to execute. Plain and simple. When players execute, teams win, which makes head coaches look "great". When players don't execute, head coaches look like fools, allowing everyone to criticize.

Reid has won far more games than he's lost, making him a good head coach. He's definitely one of the best at game planning and scheming. He does his "thing" well but once it's off script, he has as many problems as anyone else in the league, which is why you'll always hear commentators say "He just needs to stick with the game plan".

I can't believe that anyone thought that Kubiak "out coached" Reid. If so, that's a joke. The Chiefs didn't execute and turned over the ball five times.

That's why they lost.
I don't think he's "bad". When I criticize Reid, it's rarely anything to do with playcalling. It's usually pertaining to him being oblivious to clock, down, and distance situations, of which there's a long track record. He's one of the last guys on earth I'd want managing my team in a critical 2 minute situation.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:00 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
I don't think he's "bad". When I criticize Reid, it's rarely anything to do with playcalling. It's usually pertaining to him being oblivious to clock, down, and distance situations, of which there's a long track record. He's one of the last guys on earth I'd want managing my team in a critical 2 minute situation.
On the sidelines he's every bit as bad as Herm...
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 11:02 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by TheUte:
He hasn't been out coached, he over thinks it and gets too cute.

1st and goal, run the fucking rock 4 times if needed.

It seems more like play calling than coaching that he struggles with
wrong

Reid setup a game plan against Denver that was the exact opposite of what it should have been. We used a misdirection,lateral offense against a undersized,speed defense. That is a mistake from day 1 of the game plan. Reid was either too stupid or stubborn to use the correct game plan.

The fact that we don't have a power back on the team indicates that Reid won't change regardless of the opponent.

Andy Reid was a good guy to bring in to turn the organization around but this should be his last year in Kansas City.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:03 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
wrong

Reid setup a game plan against Denver that was the exact opposite of what it should have been. We used a misdirection,lateral offense against a undersized,speed defense. That is a mistake from day 1 of the game plan. Reid was either too stupid or stubborn to use the correct game plan.

The fact that we don't have a power back on the team indicates that Reid has no plan to ever change regardless of the opponent.

Andy Reid was a good guy to bring in to turn the organization around but this should be his last year in Kansas City.
Reid is the NFL version of Gary Pinkel...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:04 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
I just don't understand the criticism and hate towards Reid for Thursday night's loss. I can't recall any team at any point in time overcoming five turnovers to win a game against a team as formidable as the Broncos and their HOF QB.

I could see how people would go nuts if he had called and end around featuring James O'Shaunessey or Frankie Hammond. But Reid put the ball in the hands of his best offensive player and that player failed to execute.

Let's not pretend like Reid didn't do the smart thing. And for those of you that counter with "play for OT", which would have been foolish against Manning anyway, as Reid said, he played to win the game.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:06 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
wrong

Just curious, what coaching experience do you have?
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 11:08 AM 09-20-2015
I just don't understand the criticism and hate towards Reid for Thursday night's loss. I can't recall any team at any point in time overcoming five turnovers to win a game against a team as formidable as the Broncos and their HOF QB.

I could see how people would go nuts if he had called and end around featuring James O'Shaunessey or Frankie Hammond. But Reid put the ball in the hands of his best offensive player and that player failed to execute.

Let's not pretend like Reid didn't do the smart thing. And for those of you that counter with "play for OT", which would have been foolish against Manning anyway, as Reid said, he played to win the game.
You don't understand because you won't listen to anyone's opinion but your own.

There have be a dozen specific examples of what Reid did wrong against Denver. He's done those same things over and over again ... he's not going to change.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:08 AM 09-20-2015

This.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:09 AM 09-20-2015

It was, by far, the worst coaching I've watched since Herm was here.

There are 30 things you could point at as bad HC decisions in game time that aren't related to play calling...
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 11:10 AM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Just curious, what coaching experience do you have?
You heard him, everyone on the board that hasn't coached in college or the NFL needs to get the fuck out. You're opinion's are invalid.

of course since you haven't coached anything then should lead the way out the CP door.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up