ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Fox: The X-Files
keg in kc 05:07 PM 01-17-2015
Seem like I'm about 23 years behind on this one?

(Jesus, 23 years?!)

Apparently not. Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring it back, including having David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise Scully and Mulder. Nothing creative yet, just seeing how schedules line up, but still...

Also having (unrelated of course) talks about bringing back Prison Break and running a Kiefer-free version of 24 (not sure how that would work; he was that snow).
[Reply]
eDave 10:10 PM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by KevB:
Welp, not thrilled roughly halfway into the first episode.
Nope. Community guy ain't doing it for me either. I heard it gets better.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:16 PM 01-24-2016
It's definitely rushed and feels like its trying to be really big really quick but being that it's just six episodes that's not too surprising. I am enjoying it but I will eat it up regardless though.
[Reply]
Brock 10:28 PM 01-24-2016
That was good
[Reply]
notorious 10:32 PM 01-24-2016
Good enough for me to keep watching.

I bet the 6 episodes are a test, just like Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. If the ratings are good (and I bet they will be stellar), they will renew for 12 more episodes next year.
[Reply]
Brock 10:40 PM 01-24-2016
The paranoid part of my brain still works
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:43 PM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by Brock:
That's what they want you to think.
[Reply]
Chieficus 10:56 PM 01-24-2016
Slow build... The episode ended stronger than it started, other than what felt like some rushing toward the end. Everything with McHale seemed wooden--even Mulder and Scully seemed less engaged with the show when he was on.

If this were a brand new pilot, it would have been quite meh. As the continuation of a favorite show from my pre-teen and teen years, it'll keep me watching.
[Reply]
KevB 11:53 PM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by Chieficus:
Slow build... The episode ended stronger than it started, other than what felt like some rushing toward the end. Everything with McHale seemed wooden--even Mulder and Scully seemed less engaged with the show when he was on.

If this were a brand new pilot, it would have been quite meh. As the continuation of a favorite show from my pre-teen and teen years, it'll keep me watching.
Too many cliche notes, weird and nonsensical turns (Scully in the back of the limo sipping champagne?), moving too fast due to only 6 episodes. Mulder being removed from things for some time, then this story pops up and despite some pretty shaky evidence, he's all in. Just didn't do it for me. I'll keep watching, as it's the X Files and it's only 6 episodes, but I hope it gets much better.
[Reply]
notorious 07:57 AM 01-25-2016
I am getting the feeling that Mulder and Skully's child was somewhat "Alien".........
[Reply]
Rausch 08:36 AM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by Brock:
I guess it would.

That first episode was pretty much every conspiracy theory that's ever had a youtube vid crammed into one episode. It felt as if they just pulled from that.

I liked the tie in at the beginning with real world UFO mystery and the lore of the show...
[Reply]
Predarat 09:23 AM 01-25-2016
Good to have it back, a bit too much Star Wars Prequel Droney Political Dialogue, but other then that I will definitely watch the next episodes.
[Reply]
notorious 09:31 AM 01-25-2016
I watched some of the marathon on Chiller after the new episode aired.

I had forgotten how good the original was.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:47 PM 01-25-2016
Didn't think ep 10.1 was bad at all. Not sure what the reviewer fuss was about. It's the fucking x-files. What were people expecting?
[Reply]
eDave 08:11 PM 01-25-2016
Did I see the USB bridge in one of the scenes?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:56 PM 01-25-2016
Second episode was better...I'll keep watching
[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up