ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Fox: The X-Files
keg in kc 05:07 PM 01-17-2015
Seem like I'm about 23 years behind on this one?

(Jesus, 23 years?!)

Apparently not. Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring it back, including having David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise Scully and Mulder. Nothing creative yet, just seeing how schedules line up, but still...

Also having (unrelated of course) talks about bringing back Prison Break and running a Kiefer-free version of 24 (not sure how that would work; he was that snow).
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:12 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I absolutely loved that show until the first movie. After that, it was just so inconsistent and I didn't bother watching the second movie until years later on cable. I found it to be barely watchable.

I'd love to see episodes like seasons 1-4, not so much MOW, but interesting investigations and government cover ups. But the entire alien thing was nearly as bad as Lost's overall arc, which was course, was awful.

I have all the seasons on DVD up until like 9 or 10 and haven't watched them in half a decade. Thanks for the reminder!
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea, basically when they moved production from Vancouver to LA, the show steadily dropped in quality.
Like most scifi style shows, once the writers move from independent one off episodes to an overall story arc, the show starts the down hill slide. Either the talented writers price themselves out of a job, or the writers get lazy.

Would love to see new X-File episodes, but only if they follow the model of the early seasons. I watched a few episodes from the first season last summer and they held up surprisingly well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:50 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Like most scifi style shows, once the writers move from independent one off episodes to an overall story arc, the show starts the down hill slide. Either the talented writers price themselves out of a job, or the writers get lazy.
What? Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't think you understand how a Writer's Room works.
[Reply]
Valiant 03:36 PM 01-19-2015
Great first couple seasons, show turned to absolute shit in the later years. To me it got better the last season but by then it was too late and viewers probably gave up on it. The movie was bad also, I think bringing it back would tarnish it. I mean do not get me wrong, I would love it to come back and be great. But.
[Reply]
notorious 08:31 PM 01-19-2015
Gillian is still hot.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:33 PM 01-19-2015
She'll be hot for about 16 more years
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 PM 01-19-2015
When can we expect the 'Millennium' 'Harsh Realm' and 'Lone Gunman' reboots?
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:39 PM 01-19-2015
yeah, i was watching that tv show she was in last year, i was like holy shit, she's hotter now then when she was in Xfiles. Could be because they had her in tight dresses in that tv show instead of pant suits.
[Reply]
007 09:07 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Gillian is still hot.

YES, YES, and MORE YES
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:17 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
When can we expect the 'Millennium' 'Harsh Realm' and 'Lone Gunman' reboots?
I hope they can retcon the Lone Gunmen back in. Actually just heard a podcast with Dean Haglund talking about all this (he doesn't know any more than we do...). That show's pilot episode is still freaky, how prescient it was with regard to 9/11. Written by Vince Gilligan, as I recall.

I liked Millennium, really liked Lone Gunmen (one of the original wtf fox cancellations as i recall, the ratings were fine) but Harsh Realm never did it for me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:23 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
yeah, i was watching that tv show she was in last year, i was like holy shit, she's hotter now then when she was in Xfiles. Could be because they had her in tight dresses in that tv show instead of pant suits.
Hannibal or Crisis?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:24 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I hope they can retcon the Lone Gunmen back in. Actually just heard a podcast with Dean Haglund talking about all this (he doesn't know any more than we do...). That show's pilot episode is still freaky, how prescient it was with regard to 9/11. Written by Vince Gilligan, as I recall.

I liked Millennium, really liked Lone Gunmen (one of the original wtf fox cancellations as i recall, the ratings were fine) but Harsh Realm never did it for me.
Yea, Harsh Realm I don't think I ever even watched?

Millennium I watched a few times, it was pretty dark if I remember right?

Lone Gunman was decent, from what I remember? It wasn't on too long?

One show I liked a lot from the mid 90s was 'Space, Above and Beyond'. FOX cancelled too soon........but that's nothing new I guess.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:28 PM 01-19-2015
Millienium had a great premise but they blew it early with all of the Revelations stuff. Once that happened, they backed themselves into a corner and the show fell apart rather quickly.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:20 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hannibal or Crisis?
She also has a netflix series called The Fall that's supposed to be good.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:22 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Millienium had a great premise but they blew it early with all of the Revelations stuff. Once that happened, they backed themselves into a corner and the show fell apart rather quickly.
I don't remember the series all that well, been too many years, but Lance Henriksen as Frank Black was always good.

Yeah, space above and beyond was another show that died too young.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:25 PM 01-19-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The second movie was terribad but there was some good stuff in seasons 5-7.

If I did it I'd focus more on the alien stuff and the cigarette smoking man and friends. Still do monster of the week but make the government conspiracy stuff more prominent.
Wait, there was a second movie? I was a big XFiles fan. Not so much once Duchovney left, though. Robert Patrick was okay but it just wasn't the same. I honestly don't know if I ever saw the 2nd movie. If I did it must have been pretty forgettable. But now I will probably have to watch it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up