ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 30
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
mr. tegu 01:31 PM 01-13-2014
Has anyone else started watching this show? I am a sucker for this kind of thing and so far it has been very interesting. You can watch the first two episodes in the link below. Since this was filmed over the summer, if any of you have figured out what happens please use spoilers for anything that hasn't aired yet.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

For those who aren't familiar, very briefly, it is about an island on the eastern shore of Canada that is rumored to have buried treasure from possibly the Knights Templar dating back to the 1300s. In 1795 an apparent secret hiding space was discovered in which levels of wooden planks were buried every 10 feet. Digging down around a hundred feet, they found some gold link chain and a few other things. Eventually they dug to a point that causes the hold to be flooded by sea water as if it was some sort of boobie trap, which is believed to come from some type of tube that is out in the ocean.

Another person in the 1970s dug alongside the original hole but also got his hole flooded by sea water. These guys now who are on the show purchased most of the island and are trying to solve the mystery with help from the guys who dug their own hole in the 1970s. The hole curse aspect is just kind of meh and I don't really pay attention to it, but I am sure the producers just like the added element it presents. The mystery and adventure is really interesting. It is nice to see a show like this that is actually producing some results so far.
[Reply]
aturnis 07:44 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
There's a sinkhole with nothing in it.
That makes zero sense if all reports of findings in the hole and on the island are true. Which with as much attention as it's had, is likely.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:24 PM 01-21-2014
Manmade coves, multiple holes 100+ feet with booby traps far beyond anything some hucksters from the 1700's would want to/or are even capable of... something weird is going on, something is down there.

Its all just too complex to believe anything else, but I've come to the sad conclusion that whatever it might be will be squelched for whatever reason... there are powerful interests that do not want anything new getting out, the reasons for that are as plentiful as the possible explanations.

Lets start with the "Triton Corporation" that excluded certain areas from exploration... who are they owned by again?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:25 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
There's a sinkhole with nothing in it.
thats my guess too.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:28 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
Manmade coves, multiple holes 100+ feet with booby traps far beyond anything some hucksters from the 1700's would want to/or are even capable of... something weird is going on, something is down there.

Its all just too complex to believe anything else, but I've come to the sad conclusion that whatever it might be will be squelched for whatever reason... there are powerful interests that do not want anything new getting out, the reasons for that are as plentiful as the possible explanations.

Lets start with the "Triton Corporation" that excluded certain areas from exploration... who are they owned by again?
reports that there were wood timber floors - reports that there were no timber floors

reports of manmade flood tunnels - reports that none were ever found

reports of a tablet - reports there never was one

for every clue, there is an equal report of nothing.

i think it's a sinkhole, cause by subterranean aquifers.

where is the proof the cove is manmade....they said that but offered no data supporting it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:33 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
reports that there were wood timber floors - reports that there were no timber floors

reports of manmade flood tunnels - reports that none were ever found

reports of a tablet - reports there never was one

for every clue, there is an equal report of nothing.

i think it's a sinkhole, cause by subterranean aquifers.

where is the proof the cove is manmade....they said that but offered no data supporting it.
I get it, there are questions galore... but I'm of the belief that those raised trump those that are possibly answered.

This world is nothing but one big mystery IMO, as soon as science thinks it has the answer to it all, the paradigm shifts... this world is rarely so easy.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:34 PM 01-21-2014
Shouldn't a remote controlled sub be able to answer a lot of these questions?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:02 AM 01-22-2014
I think the 700 year old cocunut fibers found buried in the cove supports it fairly well.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:40 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I think the 700 year old cocunut fibers found buried in the cove supports it fairly well.
you mean the ones that they were taken directly to and handed? You realize no one has independently excavated the beach and found any. It was a case where they lead them to the hole and said "Look!"
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:23 AM 01-22-2014
you mean the ones that they were taken directly to and handed? You realize no one has independently excavated the beach and found any. It was a case where they lead them to the hole and said "Look!"
It was the same guy that found them before that led them to the area. Independent excavation isn't exactly common on a private island. Assuming it was fabricated and planted there, are there hoards of 700 year old cocunuts just laying around waiting to be used as specimens?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:38 AM 01-22-2014

My problem with the govt cover-up theory, much like the episode of America Unearthed where it was alleged that the US govt was guarding a cave in the Grand Canyon full of Egyptian treasures, is that it makes no sense for the govt to just leave it there.

If they knew it was there, they'd go get it and lock it away in Fort Knox or something.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:51 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My problem with the govt cover-up theory, much like the episode of America Unearthed where it was alleged that the US govt was guarding a cave in the Grand Canyon full of Egyptian treasures, is that it makes no sense for the govt to just leave it there.

If they knew it was there, they'd go get it and lock it away in Fort Knox or something.
Thats a very fair point, I just hope we get an answer on this deal eventually, seems hard to fathom thats its all just a big sham.

If its a sham its fooled some pretty smart people.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:52 PM 01-26-2014
Pretty cool episode this time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:21 PM 01-26-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Pretty cool episode this time.
Damn, I missed it, I'll be sure to catch up online tomorrow.

Anything particularly interesting tonight?
[Reply]
aturnis 12:49 AM 01-27-2014
This episode was all killer no filler. Next week's episode looks like it's shaping up nicely.
[Reply]
beach tribe 01:36 AM 01-27-2014
I get it, there are questions galore... but I'm of the belief that those raised trump those that are possibly answered.

This world is nothing but one big mystery IMO, as soon as science thinks it has the answer to it all, the paradigm shifts... this world is rarely so easy.
Its amazing to think about how short a time we have had info like the theory of relativity, how much we still dont know and how much our understanding of everything that is has changed so much in the last cpl hundred years. I would imagine it will have changed as much if not more in the next two hundred which is a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.
Hell, black holes were a thing of science fiction less than 50 years ago.
I think the understanding of dark matter and dark energy will turn science on its head.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 30
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up