ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Where's the talent in this year's draft?
Couch-Potato 07:20 AM 01-18-2018
I'm no pro but I'm starting to take my first glances at this year's draft class and noticing a few things off the bat...

1) Top 5 CBs will likely to go in the first round

2) 2018 seems to have a lack of D-Line and Edge guys

3) WR may be a weak position this year

Doesn't seems to bode well for a Chiefs squad that needs DBs, D-Line, Linebackers, and maybe a WR.

So...Where's the talent in the 2018 draft?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:42 PM 01-18-2018
A great year if you need a RB or corner.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:52 PM 01-18-2018
In no particular order, my top 5 would be RB, CB, OL, TE, and WR. I think DT is pretty solid as well. There are some nice edge players but it drops off quickly IMO, which happens to be KC's biggest weakness.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:53 PM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
In no particular order, my top 5 would be RB, CB, OL, TE, and WR. I think DT is pretty solid as well. There are some nice edge players but it drops off quickly IMO, which happens to be KC's biggest weakness.
Does that include the first 2 rounds or are we talking late 2nd (Chiefs pick) and beyond?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:17 PM 01-18-2018
Hopefully we finally fucking go where the talent is, regardless of team need.

No more Kpassagnons or Fords. No more waiting on 1st and 2nd round picks to learn how to play fucking football.

We just need more football players period. Quit rolling the fucking dice so much. There's nothing wrong with taking an okay-decent starter and growing out the team depth at a particular position.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:32 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Does that include the first 2 rounds or are we talking late 2nd (Chiefs pick) and beyond?
The 5 I said I think are deep, yeah. The edge class, there's a few really good ones that are going way early, the rest is a crapshoot IMO. I think there DT's are gonna be solid late for a NT. I think you gotta grab a 34DE early if you want one.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:06 AM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hopefully we finally ****ing go where the talent is, regardless of team need.

No more Kpassagnons or Fords. No more waiting on 1st and 2nd round picks to learn how to play ****ing football.

We just need more football players period. Quit rolling the ****ing dice so much. There's nothing wrong with taking an okay-decent starter and growing out the team depth at a particular position.
I hear ya! Like the guy at the FF draft thats always grabbing guys no-ones ever heard of, just take Larry Fitzgerald already. I'd like to see us get a clear starter out of our second round pick, but difficult to do at the bottom of the round.
[Reply]
Up