ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Kenobi
InChiefsHeaven 09:11 AM 01-11-2018
Haven't seen this anywhere...So, I'll post it here. If it's already somewhere on the Planet, sorry:

[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 09:56 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Looper...
Generic Time travel drivel.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:10 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Generic Time travel drivel.
Not generic - unique.

And the only flaw in that film is the wife.

Good film, good performances, and he was able to pull in good talent.

All things big studios crave...
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 10:15 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Not generic - unique.

And the only flaw in that film is the wife.

Good film, good performances, and he was able to pull in good talent.

All things big studios crave...
Nothing stands out about it though. If you ask people "Quick, give me your top 3 time travel movies!" Looper won't be on the list for the majority.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:19 AM 01-13-2018
Nothing stands out about it though.
Yeah, a lot does.

The whole time travel idea hangs over you for the whole film. The whole idea makes you wonder how the conflict will be resolved.

How does this play out? How does time travel work (in this film?)

You really can't shit on Looper. Hell, I hate this SW's film and I'm defending the integrity of the director/writer of it. I don't think this was his film - I think he was hired to create someone else's vision and he expressed that as much as possible. He did what he was hired to do.

If you ask people "Quick, give me your top 3 time travel movies!" Looper won't be on the list for the majority.
I liked it.

Again, I'm a huge fan.

Another reason I was exited for him directing this...
[Reply]
Rausch 10:31 AM 01-13-2018
Again, I don't want to ruin things for fans that enjoy it.

If we get a Kenobi film that doesn't include some woman showing him what he's doing wrong the whole time and actually has a good story they might win me back.

That said Lucas made 3 bad films before Disney pissed on the grave so perhaps it's just time for me to admit Transformers/jump cuts/jump scares/Shamalan twists are the future of films...
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:25 PM 01-13-2018
Looper is a mediocre movie. The ideas might be good, but the execution is subpar. Arrival does the concept much better. Hell, even Interstellar does it better, and I don't particularly like Interstellar.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up