ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Altered Carbon (Netflix)
unlurking 03:54 PM 12-04-2017

Looks interesting. Have not read the book, but the trailer looks good.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:28 PM 03-01-2020
I'm about half way through season 3, enjoying it enough to keep watching. The quality from episode to episode is more even than in the past.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:02 AM 03-06-2020
Finished season three. Well done overall. Left me wanting to jump into the next season immediately.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:18 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Finished season three. Well done overall. Left me wanting to jump into the next season immediately.
I would imagine that you’ll have quite a long wait until season 4.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:06 PM 03-09-2020
Season 3? I must have missed one because I couldn't make it through season 2. Maybe if I knew the backstory on the characters it would help, I just don't find them interesting.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:15 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Season 3? I must have missed one because I couldn't make it through season 2. Maybe if I knew the backstory on the characters it would help, I just don't find them interesting.
There are only 2 seasons.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:46 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
There are only 2 seasons.

Yup. Brainfart on my part. I was doing too many things at once.

Netflix released an animated movie. It's called Altered Carbon Resleeved. Lasts for one hour and fourteen minutes, available right now.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:24 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yup. Brainfart on my part. I was doing too many things at once.

Netflix released an animated movie. It's called Altered Carbon Resleeved. Lasts for one hour and fourteen minutes, available right now.
I was just yanking your chain. I tried to watch the movie. Didn't make it halfway thru. Netflix and Amazon Prime need some new material, I can only watch so many Troma movies before I need something else...
[Reply]
listopencil 05:44 PM 03-21-2020
I was just yanking your chain. I tried to watch the movie. Didn't make it halfway thru. Netflix and Amazon Prime need some new material, I can only watch so many Troma movies before I need something else...

I haven't watched the movie yet. I have a lot of stuff still to watch. Somewhat along the lines of this series, Netflix could do a series based on the Well Of Souls stories by Jack L. Chalker. The guy put out a ton of material that involves people swapping bodies. Here's a summary from wikipedia:

The Well World series is a series of science fiction novels by Jack L. Chalker. It involves a planet-sized supercomputer known as the Well of Souls that builds our reality on top of an underlying one of greater complexity but smaller size. The computer was built by a now-extinct race, the Markovians, who developed the Well of Souls with the goal of creating a new species that would transcend their own. The Well World is the planet that houses the Well of Souls, and it exists within the original Markovian reality. Its surface was used as an experimental site where the Markovians tested their species designs before sending the successful ones into the new universe to populate planets. Humans are one of many such designed species who now live in the "real" world. During the time period of the novels, the Well World has been abandoned and left on its own for an unknown length of time. The books mainly follow a mysterious character known as Nathan Brazil, who has an (initially) unknown connection to the Well World. The books are adventures that follow Brazil and a changing cast of secondary characters through a series of visits to the Well World over a period of hundreds (and millions) of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_World_series
[Reply]
kc rush 01:50 PM 03-22-2020
Loved season 1. Was bored by season 2. Only thing I liked about season 2 was the governor's bare ass.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:03 PM 03-29-2021
Wife and I started watching this show this week and we love it!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:40 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Loved season 1. Was bored by season 2. Only thing I liked about season 2 was the governor's bare ass.
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Wife and I started watching this show this week and we love it!
Season 1 is far superior to season 2, but I also enjoyed season 2 just fine.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:50 PM 03-30-2021
Just like the books where the first one was great, and darker than the tv series, and the 2nd and 3rd were not as good.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:55 PM 03-30-2021
I loved this show. Too bad it's probably done.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:11 AM 04-01-2021
I loved the first season but I don't even remember if I finished the second. It was boring.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up