ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Media Center>Blade Runner 2049
keg in kc 03:34 PM 12-19-2016

(Yeah I know the thread is a q but I ain't bumping anything wendler...)

(That's what she said)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:35 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Easily my favorite among those I’ve seen. The complaints I’ve read are also amusingly some of what I thought was so great. Meaning those beautiful glacially paced shots with the excellent and loud score thumping.
I still think the score was the weak link. I didn't hate it or anything, but the Vangelis stuff from the original blows it away.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:02 PM 01-26-2018
Honestly, I don't find the movie to be slow paced. Maybe because I watch comparatively few newer action movies.

The editing in new films is the equivalent of shaking your car keys in front of audience's eyes every two seconds.
[Reply]
notorious 11:31 PM 01-28-2018
Wow.

This movie is simply amazing. I can’t think of a single thing that wasn’t fantastic.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:29 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Wow.

This movie is simply amazing. I can’t think of a single thing that wasn’t fantastic.
I don't think I ever saw the virtual reality girlfriends tatas. I'm still pretty upset about it.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 06:55 PM 01-29-2018
Great movie…

I picked them both up for 30 bucks and we binge watched them over 2 nights.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:11 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I still think the score was the weak link. I didn't hate it or anything, but the Vangelis stuff from the original blows it away.
Hmm. I thought they did a great job sort of honoring/imitating the originals score
[Reply]
Frazod 07:16 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Hmm. I thought they did a great job sort of honoring/imitating the originals score
I didn't get that at all.

Of course, I think that's on me - I went in expecting more of the same, and that's mainly why I was disappointed. Nothing wrong with going in a different direction.

When I watched the blu ray it didn't bother me as much. Although it's still a bit heavy handed, IMO.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:02 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think I ever saw the virtual reality girlfriends tatas. I'm still pretty upset about it.

Yeah, you did. She's the giant hologram advertisement chick, too.

So does JOI surpass her programming and become human? She seems to love K, but then you see the advertisements proclaiming that she is everything you want to see and hear.

The advertisement version also calls K "Joe" which is the the name his personal model picked for him because he's special. K tells that crazy bitch Luv that she must be "special" because Niander Wallace gave her a name. The JOI companions are made to make the replicants feel like real humans. It seems that part of their programming is to make the replicants feel so real that they choose to have names instead of just i.d. numbers or letters.

They blur the reality between being really clever AI and being real. Just like the replicants themselves do. More human than human.
[Reply]
notorious 10:34 PM 01-29-2018
When she leans over to K her tits and nipples are on proud display. Very nice.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:25 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

The advertisement version also calls K "Joe" which is the the name his personal model picked for him because he's special. K tells that crazy bitch Luv that she must be "special" because Niander Wallace gave her a name. The JOI companions are made to make the replicants feel like real humans. It seems that part of their programming is to make the replicants feel so real that they choose to have names instead of just i.d. numbers or letters.
You've got it backward. Billboard-Joi calls him that because that's what all Jois been programmed to do.

He's not special and the advertisement reminds him of that.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:45 AM 01-30-2018
No, I understood it. My comment looks funny because I didn't put my first use of "special" in between quotation marks. It makes it look like I'm saying th opposite of what I actually mean.

Let's eat, Grandma!

Let's eat Grandma!

Punctuation matters. I'm a terrible at both spelling and grammar, unfortunately.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up