ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Best Or Worst Retail Exp??????
CASHMAN 10:47 PM 01-07-2003
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers think they own the place they spend there money in? and why customer service has gone down hill??

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:48 AM 01-08-2003
Finally made it to the top of the list. One last one here until someone ese posts.

Keg, when you leave those 9 pennies, put them in the bottom of a glass filled with water. Then, take a napkin, put it over the top of the glass and flip the glass upside down. The napkin will hold in the water long enough to flip it. Of course, I would never do that personally (At least not where I was known as a minister - Applebees west Lawrence, maybee) :-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:54 AM 01-08-2003
Denise, was comparing it in the way of hard physical labor that the kid would experience on a construction job site.

It can have it's moments to be sure. And I know a lady's feet can kill her after an 8 hour shift.

-------------------------------------
Scratch the rest of that, I got a bit reactionary there.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:57 AM 01-08-2003
Walked into a Conoco Gas station once for a 12 pack of beer.....15minutes later....walked out with 2 chicks at the same time.

now that is customer service.
[Reply]
headsnap 10:15 AM 01-08-2003
IOMEGA CAN GO TO HELL!!!!!
[Reply]
KCChiefsMan 02:54 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pHoBiA
Whoops - I do sometimes meet your criteria. I'm a concrete cowboy. When the rodeo comes to town (and a select few other times of the year), I'll throw on my ostrich boots and beaver felt hat and take the wife out to eat. If you screwed me just 'cuz I'm wearing a hat, you blew it. I'm one of the best tippers I know.

Also, my old man doesn't fit any of your criteria and he's the worst tipper. Every time I eat with him, I augment the tip after he's left the table.

sorry then, but I have never gotten a good tip from a cowboy, usually they stiff me and I'm not talking about the times I give them bad service. You may be an exceptional case, but from my experience cowboy's never leave anybody a good tip, ever. and everybody I work with agree's with me
[Reply]
KCChiefsMan 03:01 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by RedNeckRaider
No, cause I have no idea where you work. Most around here know me ,and I don't talk trash, and blow pricks like you off. :-) This is unreal, I got pissed at a guy on a pute who does a chicks job :-)

a chicks job eh? truthfully, I'd rather work with good looking chicks than dudes, hehe believe that!
[Reply]
Phobia 03:02 PM 01-08-2003
You're not listening to me Paul.

My entire point is that you are screwing yourself. There are many, many exceptions to your prejudice (not just me). The difference between crappy service and adequate service is minimal - you make a little more effort and you would do much better.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:06 PM 01-08-2003
KCChiefs...

maybe you're a dick to cowboys. I rode bulls for 2 years and went to ALOT of rodeos all over Iowa, Missouri and some in nebraska.....while some guys are pretty cheap...Most are loyal, friendly, considerate people....and tip according to the level of service.......ps...they know when you're looking down your snotty suburban nose. Alot of "ranchers" wear their lids, have money are tip very well from what i've seen.

Maybe its just your charming personality.

Disclaimer: Doesn't include Trailer park people driving el caminos and wearing State fair cowboy hats and walmart Garth Brooks Fire shirts.
[Reply]
KCChiefsMan 03:06 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pHoBiA
You're not listening to me Paul.

My entire point is that you are screwing yourself. There are many, many exceptions to your prejudice (not just me). The difference between crappy service and adequate service is minimal - you make a little more effort and you would do much better.

I put a lot of effort into my job Phil, I put a lot of pride into my job. My only prejudice is against people who screw me over. I do fine at my job, very well actually, but my only point was, give somebody good service = $1 tip on a $40 bill, OR have fun with people who I KNOW won't tip me and get nothing and feel better about it, because it really really makes me mad when I get stiffed after giving people good service. But that doesn't happen often because I don't intentionally give people crappy service very often. I probably haven't done that in about a month.
[Reply]
KCChiefsMan 03:09 PM 01-08-2003
just for everybody's info, I only do that shit to people who screw me over. Why the hell should I care about people that stiff me? anybody that has served tables, and can do their job well, will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
[Reply]
Mass-Chief-Fan 03:11 PM 01-08-2003
This afternoon I go into Ocean State Job Lot (discount store). I get tarps & some tools there cheap. I go to pay & ask if they take company checks. The girl behind the counter says no.

I remembered that I had paid w/ company check before so I ask when this policy started. She says that if it's a company check she'll need to see a license & get approval so its easier to pay cash. I had enough cash to pay the bill ($70), but I gave her the best F*ck you smile I had & said call for approval. She gave me the are you serious face & goes about ringing me out w/ the most attitude I've ever seen. I let it go because I figured she was stuck at that dump for the rest of the day.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:12 PM 01-08-2003
I had a guy waitress last night...she was a nice guy.....so I tipped $5 on a $15 meal.

My guess is you're the dick, and thats why you're getting stiffed. People know when you're looking down.

how can you only be a prick AFTER you've been tipped/not tipped...doesn't that happen AFTER the "service".
[Reply]
Lightning Rod 03:15 PM 01-08-2003
I have always worked with the general public and think we should all remember something that is pretty terrifying.

As stupid as the average person is...

half the people are even dumber.
[Reply]
KCChiefsMan 03:15 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Iowanian
I had a guy waitress last night...she was a nice guy.....so I tipped $5 on a $15 meal.

My guess is you're the dick, and thats why you're getting stiffed. People know when you're looking down.

how can you only be a prick AFTER you've been tipped/not tipped...doesn't that happen AFTER the "service".

have you ever waited tables before? I really don't think you know what you are talking about.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:16 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KCChiefsMan
just for everybody's info, I only do that shit to people who screw me over. Why the hell should I care about people that stiff me? anybody that has served tables, and can do their job well, will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
Well Mr.Know it all, for one I had something happend to me at the country club back in high school.

THis one doctor never left a tip. NEVER. Was there three days a week and made MAJOR $$$. After about a month you can expect the service he got from most of the guys. However, I was the new guy and didn't need to get chewed out for not doing my job. I figured fug it, life will catch up with him. I'll just do the job and go on.

Come Late October (golf course work is obviously seasonal) he comes in the pro shop and gives my boss 4 envelopes. There was $100 in each one. There were 6 guys that worked there then, and the two total assholes got nothing. Not a penny. Myself and the other three had a keg party...:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up