ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 66
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill injury updates.
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 09-08-2019
Someone just told me Tyreek Hill could be out 6-8 weeks.

This is the same source that told me he would receive 0 games 20 minutes before the national media broke it.

Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: IT WAS WORTH NOTHING

Here is an explanation from the #Chiefs on WR Tyreek Hill, who was taken to a local hospital. pic.twitter.com/gxcl2nqFu0

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 8, 2019

Per source, no surgery for Tyreek Hill but he will miss a couple of weeks.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 8, 2019

Confirmed, per source, Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill had a posterior SC (sternoclavicular) dislocation which was successfully reduced in the hospital. No surgery required. He will stay overnight.

— Stephania Bell (@Stephania_ESPN) September 8, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:36 AM 09-11-2019
Wow, Clay. Thought you would've outgrown this attention whoring by now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:46 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
This does not vindicate you, you realize. "Damaging the aortic arch" does not mean the same thing as "cutting off blood supply to the aorta"

A very traumatic dislocation could tear through a lot of mediastinal structures, including the aortic arch, leading to devastating bleeding, morbidity, etc.

You don't understand, and I can't help you understand.

If you had said "nearly severing the aorta" or "nearly damaging the aorta" you would be right, but you didn't.
Oh FFS dude give it up, you are wrong just admit it.

Are you a Donger mult or something?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:48 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wow, Clay. Thought you would've outgrown this attention whoring by now.
He has gone full moron. Every single thing said about the recovery time has been speculation because NOBODY knows, even right now.

Its 4-6 week recovery, could he be fine in 3, yea, could it be 6 yea, nobody knows.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

He's right though. Your wording was just off, you can't "cut off blood supply to the aorta" since it's pumped from the heart after the lungs.

You could damage it or tear it, but cutting off blood supply isn't the case.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:50 AM 09-11-2019

The fact that you still don't realize you are wrong is alarming.

I am not anyone's mult
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
The fact that you still don't realize you are wrong is alarming.
No its not. If the bone is putting pressure on the aortic arch what is happening? Are you telling me it wouldn't be restricting flow?

You are trying to play semantics which shows you are wrong. Sorry Doc you are a quack.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 09-11-2019
Cutting off blood supply in the aortic arch is gonna cut off supply downchain, not to the actual arch.

It's semantical but in medicine wording is very important.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Cutting off blood supply in the aortic arch is gonna cut off supply downchain, not to the actual arch.

It's semantical but in medicine wording is very important.
It in no way invalidates my original point about the injury, period. If you want to argue cutting off blood flow vs restricting blood flow vs whatever IDGAF, my point was there is a very real danger to the aorta and Doc's comments initially were in the context of the aorta not even being at risk.

Now he has backtracked it to semantics as far as what the actual term should be.

I'm done with stupid shit.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 09-11-2019
It in no way invalidates my original point about the injury, period. If you want to argue cutting off blood flow vs restricting blood flow vs whatever IDGAF, my point was there is a very real danger to the aorta and Doc's comments initially were in the context of the aorta not even being at risk.

Now he has backtracked it to semantics as far as what the actual term should be.

Medically, it just matters how it's said is all i'm saying.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:09 AM 09-11-2019
I guess you guys need something to argue about.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:12 AM 09-11-2019
No its not. If the bone is putting pressure on the aortic arch what is happening? Are you telling me it wouldn't be restricting flow?

You are trying to play semantics which shows you are wrong. Sorry Doc you are a quack.
I am not playing semantics, what you said was wrong.
Being technically right is just fine with me, because wording is important when you are making medical claims.

You you are asserting that the clavicle somes to rest on the aortic arch without damaging the vessel wall? That would rupture the subclavian vessels leading to immediate death. At that point there would not even be blood to restrict. This is an assertion that just doesn't make sense.

Even if somehow that would impossibly happen, restricting blood flow is still not the same as "cutting off blood flow".

People have restricted blood flow in their carotid arteries all the time due to athersosclerosis and do just fine. That doesn't mean blood supply to their brain is "cut off"
[Reply]
SupDock 09:14 AM 09-11-2019

But your original point was never injury, it was "cutting off blood flow". Which is the whole basis of the argument. The only one backtracking is you
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Basically no one thinks it's going to be less than four weeks now.
Nobody should've ever thought it was going to be less than 4 weeks.

This injury happens every couple of years (with the same type of dislocation) and every guy that's had it has been between 4 and 6 weeks.

The prognosis was almost certainly going to be 4-6 weeks because even if the guy is superhuman and gets back in 3, you could never predict it.

Past is prologue and what not, gents. When you have a track record of similar injuries all requiring similar recoveries, just bank on this being in that ballpark.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:26 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I guess you guys need something to argue about.
That's been the entire offseason in a nutshell on here.
[Reply]
-King- 10:35 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's been the entire offseason in a nutshell on here.
No it hasn't!
[Reply]
Page 39 of 66
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up