ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Vic Fangio goes full retard
RunKC 07:02 PM 06-02-2020
Good job saying the absolute worst thing a HC in the NFL can say on a day like this. Optics here are horrific. Broncos PR is already feeling the heat :-)

Vic Fangio: "We're a league of meritocracy. You get what you earn I don't see racism at all in the NFL. I don't see discrimination in the NFL."

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) June 2, 2020

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:22 AM 06-04-2020
Fangio is a great defensive mind. His statement shows he is not suited to be a head coach.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:44 AM 06-04-2020

T.J. Ward did not play for Vic Fangio in Denver, but he posted this on Instagram: pic.twitter.com/5J8FYXDDT2

— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) June 3, 2020

[Reply]
JakeF 12:28 PM 06-04-2020
How could he possibly think it's a good idea to say anything about race right now? idiot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:41 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
How could he possibly think it's a good idea to say anything about race right now? idiot.
Haven't you heard? There's no such thing as racism in America today.

Chiefsplanet told me so.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:26 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
As a guy who is only a few years younger than Vic, I would advise you to rethink "safe assumptions". Life experience will teach you that :-)
You have experience being black???? Wow
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:44 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Stinger:
Whoops my bad - Vic Fangio

Ok now I'm ticked at him. NEVER take back your words. Don't go full Brees.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:50 PM 06-04-2020
I love how somehow saying you made a mistake is wrong, what happened to learning from your mistake and correcting it?

How the fuck is that a weakness?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:52 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Why not? If you talk to others and realize exactly how wrong you really were, why not say that you were, indeed, wrong? That is literally what people should do, not double down when confronted with conflicting information.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:11 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I love how somehow saying you made a mistake is wrong, what happened to learning from your mistake and correcting it?

How the **** is that a weakness?
Some idiots equate "learning" with "weakness."
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:16 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Some idiots equate "learning" with "weakness."
And some idiots are just idiots
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:21 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
What?

Dude, he's the head fucking coach. If he doesn't earn the respect of his players, he's going to fail. I mean, he's a shitty head coach, so he's going to fail anyway, but he's going to fail even quicker if he doesn't have the respect of the players.

How do you think that would go over? If Von Miller asks to his face, "Hey coach, did you actually mean what you said about racism in the NFL?" and he says, "Yes, I'm not backing down from my statement" do you think Von is just going to say, "Oh. Well, I disagree, but it's cool." No, he's probably not going to mutiny, but he's probably going to hate playing in Denver more than he already does. He's probably not going to be a positive locker room presence, and if he is, it will be in spite of his head coach. And that's just one player, too.

I don't care if Fangio is sincere in his apology or not. He HAD to issue it. If he let it fester, that would be one hell of a locker room distraction that just about no NFL coach would be able to overcome, let alone somebody as crappy as Fangio.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:33 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What?

Dude, he's the head ****ing coach. If he doesn't earn the respect of his players, he's going to fail. I mean, he's a shitty head coach, so he's going to fail anyway, but he's going to fail even quicker if he doesn't have the respect of the players.

How do you think that would go over? If Von Miller asks to his face, "Hey coach, did you actually mean what you said about racism in the NFL?" and he says, "Yes, I'm not backing down from my statement" do you think Von is just going to say, "Oh. Well, I disagree, but it's cool." No, he's probably not going to mutiny, but he's probably going to hate playing in Denver more than he already does. He's probably not going to be a positive locker room presence, and if he is, it will be in spite of his head coach. And that's just one player, too.

I don't care if Fangio is sincere in his apology or not. He HAD to issue it. If he let it fester, that would be one hell of a locker room distraction that just about no NFL coach would be able to overcome, let alone somebody as crappy as Fangio.
He is the Broncos coach and ha Lock as the QB, I assumed failure was a given.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:36 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
You have experience being black???? Wow
Change your name to Strawman.

Think. Think hard. Hope that helps
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:05 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Change your name to Strawman.

Think. Think hard. Hope that helps
I just wanted to say that your post earlier that my dear friend carcosa called out was perhaps one of the stupidest I’ve come across. I envy you for standing out amongst the crowd with your wisdom.

As for ‘strawman’ arguments, I do not think they mean what you think they do.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up