ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Vic Fangio goes full retard
RunKC 07:02 PM 06-02-2020
Good job saying the absolute worst thing a HC in the NFL can say on a day like this. Optics here are horrific. Broncos PR is already feeling the heat :-)

Vic Fangio: "We're a league of meritocracy. You get what you earn I don't see racism at all in the NFL. I don't see discrimination in the NFL."

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) June 2, 2020

[Reply]
ping2000 07:31 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I think it's safe to assume that an old white guy has no experience being black.
I don't think any of us can change races, so we are going to have to figure it out another way.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:32 PM 06-03-2020
I’d bet money the majority of the NFL players take a knee for the national anthem this season. The NFL and teams won’t say shit this time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:15 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah, the media is just piling on because they are scared to agree with him.
The "media" is EVERYWHERE.

It's on your phone.

It's on your iPad.

It's on Instagram and Tik Tok and Twitter and Snap Chat and just about EVERYWHERE you look.

Here's an idea: Don't say stupid shit. Then the "media" won't have anything bad to say about you.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:23 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCJake:
This guy is getting lit up for this but I agree with him. The best players play, the best coaches coach. Get over it
Agree on players, although look how long it took to get black quarterbacks and middle linebackers. Stereotyping dictated position biases for a long time. I think the same has been true in hiring coaches among certain owners and gms, but it's slowly changing.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:27 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I think it's safe to assume that an old white guy has no experience being black.
As a guy who is only a few years younger than Vic, I would advise you to rethink "safe assumptions". Life experience will teach you that :-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:27 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’d bet money the majority of the NFL players take a knee for the national anthem this season. The NFL and teams won’t say shit this time.
Yeah it's going to look very different. This is a watershed for the country. It's the long arc playing out in the way MLK foresaw it. And what a unique time for it. Really could be great for the NFL as a vehicle for unity.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:31 PM 06-03-2020
The thing is if you look at the 4th post quoted from the Denver Post, he said all the things everyone else is saying. Feels unfair those comments are being ignored. I think he rightly believes the NFL has made valuable strides on racism. Wish he just said that.
[Reply]
KCJake 09:39 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I will say at least with 95% of business, any bias or "racism" isn't done with intention of evil. It just happens. It's something we need to fix, though. Definitely.
I see what you're saying. Maybe I need to be more opened minded towards it all. It's just, in this day and age, it's a win at all cost mentality. I can't see an NFL owner passing on candidate A who is black and could win him more games. Instead choosing candidate B who isn't gonna win as many games, but is white. Does that really happen? People believe that ??
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:43 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Yeah it's going to look very different. This is a watershed for the country. It's the long arc playing out in the way MLK foresaw it. And what a unique time for it. Really could be great for the NFL as a vehicle for unity.
The honey badger is on board

I’m sorry I didn’t stand taller with you. I’m sorry man! https://t.co/uWYjTxh4bm

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) June 3, 2020

[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:20 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Article today on 538 about how much attitudes in the NFL and public had already shifted since the protests in 2017. Sports culture is influential.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-to-speak-out/
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:21 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
As a guy who is only a few years younger than Vic, I would advise you to rethink "safe assumptions". Life experience will teach you that :-)
No offense, but 99% of the time when I've had a conversation with somebody older than me and they can't quite string together a logical argument, they defer to their "wisdom" and "experience" in order to tell me I'm wrong.

Sometimes old people get washed up. It happens. It will probably happen to me some day. But when we're talking about and debating semantics in culture and communication, all that "experience" you have really isn't worth much.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:58 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
In the case of this particular, safe assumption, I'd be willing to bet both of my testicles on him being correct.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:05 AM 06-04-2020
Somebody needs to ask Lock about Fangio's statements.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:32 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC this is so stupid :-)

Why?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:55 AM 06-04-2020
I just want to watch football.

It's like watching the draft and they wouldn't shut up about the wuflu. I'm watching the fucking draft to get away from the constant 24/7 news cycle.

It's a free country. If they want to kneel, they are free to do so. I agree that a lot of cops need a big dose of chill the fuck out, and several of them need a big dose of "now you get to go to prison."

But I also watch football to get away from the 24/7 news cycle, and I'd rather not have to listen to Chris Collinsworth awkwardly lecture me before every game.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up