ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Need help Code RED
jaa1025 10:10 PM 06-01-2020
It's my anniversary tomorrow. Well, it's our 1.5 anniversary. We eloped in November of 2018 and didn't tell our families. So we had our "fake" wedding a year ago tomorrow with friends and family. We already celebrated our anniversary in November so I didn't think anything of it until yesterday when the wife said something.

I'm at a loss. I have no idea what to do, what to get. Thankfully, she doesn't like jewelry ($$). In November I put together a nice picture album of our time together, flowers, dinner etc.

I need ideas. She likes thoughtful gifts more than expensive.
[Reply]
Satan 11:58 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ:
Aww, Satan. I didn't know you felt that way.
Thank you my friend. Count your blessings.
[Reply]
Satan 12:00 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
What soul did you steal?
I'm not sure how that whole "stealing your soul" thing came about. I've never stolen a soul. People just hand them to me. And for what? To play guitar?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:21 AM 06-02-2020
PIIHB?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:56 AM 06-02-2020
Maybe you can find some advice in the short video.

[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:16 AM 06-02-2020
Get her a spa day or a vase full of flowers.
[Reply]
38yrsfan 05:43 AM 06-02-2020
You ask her boy friends yet?
[Reply]
Holladay 06:23 AM 06-02-2020
Been there done that, married twice to the same woman. You're screwed. Now you have to remember TWO anniversarys.

Originally Posted by :
Anything practical (if she's more that type. My last ex was) she needs? Vacuum, new phone, etc?
WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET A VACUUM. I made that mistake 3x. I knew she liked to clean and thought it was practical. 3x...color me stupid. The inference is that you expect her to clean. Bad idea.

I find the sexy thing for guys to do is cook. Something simple...spaghetti. Grill a nice steak. If you haven't learned to cook something you both enjoy...now is your time to learn.

Write your own anniversary card. Don't get flowers (wife told me that too), get a small rose bush that you can plant in the yard. You will talk about that for years (unlike flowers).

What is the favorite thing she likes to do. It better not be vacuuming:-)

Take her putt putt golfing, bowling something different.

In the end, you screwed up. You forgot. Been there done that.

The thought that counts.

Worse comes to worse, get her a bemmer.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:15 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Been there done that, married twice to the same woman. You're screwed. Now you have to remember TWO anniversarys.

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET A VACUUM. I made that mistake 3x. I knew she liked to clean and thought it was practical. 3x...color me stupid. The inference is that you expect her to clean. Bad idea.

I find the sexy thing for guys to do is cook. Something simple...spaghetti. Grill a nice steak. If you haven't learned to cook something you both enjoy...now is your time to learn.

Write your own anniversary card. Don't get flowers (wife told me that too), get a small rose bush that you can plant in the yard. You will talk about that for years (unlike flowers).

What is the favorite thing she likes to do. It better not be vacuuming:-)

Take her putt putt golfing, bowling something different.

In the end, you screwed up. You forgot. Been there done that.

The thought that counts.

Worse comes to worse, get her a bemmer.
Depends on the woman I guess. I was specifically asked for it. Obviously the vacuum wasn't the sole gift.

As far as flowers, they were given in two ways. A bouquet to hand her while the others' petals lined the floor leading to the dining room, where a candlelight dinner was had. +1 on the cooking idea. I cook/bake and a nice meal is always appreciated.
[Reply]
58-4ever 08:27 AM 06-02-2020
dude, this is pretty simple. Get her an activity or two, plus a gift. I would vote a massage and a night out with a bed and breakfast or nice hotel. Get her one of those boxes that they send every quarter. Popsugar has one that my wife loves.
[Reply]
oldman 08:33 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Tell her she gets one anniversary celebration per year like everyone else in the world.
This. Ask yourself this, when your kids ask about when you were married, which date will you use? Yes, it might be awkward explaining to both families and friends, but sooner or later the truth will come out. It's probably best to come clean now and avoid 50-60 years of buying 2 presents.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:47 AM 06-02-2020
Hey honey, I got you your very own thread on chiefsplanet.com! Happy anniversary!
[Reply]
Sorce 09:07 AM 06-02-2020
Give her a choice to pick an anniversary. Then PIIHB.
[Reply]
Jesus Christ 09:22 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Give her a choice to pick an anniversary. Then PIIHB.
That's not what that hole is for, my child.
[Reply]
digger 09:41 AM 06-02-2020
Hookers and blow, maybe? Or two chicks, she might like that as well... :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:49 AM 06-02-2020
Maybe you should just pull the bandaide off now and "forget" this one so she'll get used to it.

Maybe go fishing with your friends.

Tell her to pick which one she wants to celebrate, you're not responsible for both.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up