6 7 4.79%
8 3 2.05%
10 9 6.16%
Yes but Mahomes is exempt 9 6.16%
I am gay 1 0.68%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do athlete salaries bother you?
Prison Bitch 10:54 AM 05-28-2020
We all know it’s a free market. Capitalism y’all. But fo real, does it bother you at all?
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:33 PM 05-28-2020
No such thing as overpaid.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:35 PM 05-28-2020
capitalism always wins
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:37 PM 05-28-2020
It's an absolute joke, but whatever
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:57 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Dane, I said “sports”, not NFL. Sports revenue collectively derives 40-50% of its gate from attendance, concessions, suites, etc. (Take the Indy 500 which I attended every year: $40M gate, $4M tv deal. Do the math). Golf, tennis, college sports on and on rely on butts in the seats.
Adding in NASCAR, NHRA and Indy Car racing completely skews the comparison because as we all know, NASCAR is the largest spectator sport in the world, but their TV revenues are a fraction of what the NFL, NBA and MLB receive each year.

And if you're throwing in college athletics, the dynamic changes once again. There have been several universities that have decided to drop sports altogether because so much of their funding relies on their students, who may or may not attend their chosen universities this year or next or the year after.

But if you're talking strictly the NFL, MLB and NBA, they can all survive and thrive without people in the stands, which is where things are headed and why the new LA stadium seats 70,000 instead of 80,000-100,000.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:59 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's an absolute joke, but whatever
What's a joke?

Do you believe that advertisers pay too much money to broadcasters, which in turn pay the NFL, MLB and NBA for broadcast rights?

Should these owners keep all of that revenue for themselves and pay the players a pittance so you can feel better about your life?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:21 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Adding in NASCAR, NHRA and Indy Car racing completely skews the comparison because as we all know, NASCAR is the largest spectator sport in the world, but their TV revenues are a fraction of what the NFL, NBA and MLB receive each year.
Nobody’s talking about the effect a lack of fans will have on broadcasts. I tune into see the players yes but also the EVENT. I like to see the tomahawk chop, the crowd roaring, players celebrating etc. I predict empty venues will lessen TV ratings.

Originally Posted by :
And if you're throwing in college athletics, the dynamic changes once again. There have been several universities that have decided to drop sports altogether because so much of their funding relies on their students, who may or may not attend their chosen universities this year or next or the year after.
No school is axing the 2 revenue sports.

Originally Posted by :
But if you're talking strictly the NFL, MLB and NBA, they can all survive and thrive without people in the stands, which is where things are headed and why the new LA stadium seats 70,000 instead of 80,000-100,000.
Yes and no. Teams can’t sell nosebleeds anymore when folks have home theaters. But they depend on the lower bowl and suites, absolutely.
[Reply]
neech 03:15 PM 05-28-2020
I can't sleep at night because it makes me so angry.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 03:22 PM 05-28-2020
That’s just business I want no part of. Found out early in my working career talking about salaries and wages just created drama. You deserve what you’ve earned.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:40 PM 05-28-2020
Being rich can be a curse of it's own.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:07 PM 05-28-2020
I predict empty venues will lessen TV ratings.
I cannot disagree more with this statement.

For example, a dopey golf game last weekend had more than 6 million viewers on Sunday because people are starved for any sporting event.

The NFL is going to set viewing records this Fall.

No school is axing the 2 revenue sports.
Universities and colleges across the country have begun dropping sports due to the pandemic. Now, Power 5 schools haven't announced they're dropping sports but several smaller schools have already begun that process.

Yes and no. Teams can’t sell nosebleeds anymore when folks have home theaters. But they depend on the lower bowl and suites, absolutely.
If you're Jerry World, yeah, he depends on suite money, as do other owners across the league that own their own stadiums. But that revenue stream will be the last to disappear because unlike the upper decks, there's a certain amount of cachet attached to suites.

The NFL is already planning ways to replace the in-stadium revenue stream with advertising and the biggie, legalized gambling.
[Reply]
scho63 04:26 PM 05-28-2020
I've never been bothered by it in my 50 years of watching sports.

I will say I am always intrigues and surprised a guy like Matt Cassel got paid for as long as he did but that's on the teams.

Also, no one may ever come close to the crazy deal Bobby Bonilla managed from the Mets by still getting paid like 25 years AFTER he retired.
[Reply]
kc rush 04:30 PM 05-28-2020
Their salaries don't bother me at all. It does bother me when they bitch about it though.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:03 PM 05-28-2020
The only people who are bothered by athletes' salaries are haters who didn't make anything out of their own lives.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:10 PM 05-28-2020
Nope. It does bother me when ppl like Draymond or LeBron complain that its like slave mentality or bitch about how much they make. Mother****ers out here working in the streets trying to feed their family would kill to be in the place you are and some athletes are equating to to slaves. Just a slap in the face to the working man and so disrespectful to actual slaves.

Then Aaron Rodgers is bitching out on social media trying to get the CBA to not go thru when the new CBA is such a huge benefit for 80% of NFL players who will be outta the leage on avg in 2 yrs. Then acting like his actions are selfless.
[Reply]
seclark 06:03 PM 05-28-2020
I guess bitch even earns it’s money
Don’t bother me
sec
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up