ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Will he go?
RodeoPants2 11:21 AM 06-03-2020
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...wrence-douglas

What will you do if trump tries to prevent a peaceful transfer of power if he loses in November?

Originally Posted by :
Imagine that it’s November 3, 2020, and Joe Biden has just been declared the winner of the presidential election by all the major networks except for Fox News. It was a close, bitter race, but Biden appears to have won with just over 280 electoral votes.

Because Election Day took place in the middle of a second wave of coronavirus infections, turnout was historically low and a huge number of votes were cast via absentee ballot. While Biden is the presumptive winner, the electoral process was bumpy, with thousands of mail-in votes in closely fought states still waiting to be counted. Trump, naturally, refuses to concede and spends election night tweeting about how “fraudulent” the vote was.

We knew this would be coming; he’s been previewing this kind of response for a while now.

One day goes by, then a few more, and a month later Trump is still contesting the outcome, calling it “rigged” or a “Deep State plot” or whatever. Republicans, for the most part, are falling in line behind Trump. From that point forward, we’re officially in a constitutional crisis.

[Reply]
listopencil 04:26 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
For example it gives people the right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances.

FYP to add emphasis
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:29 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
FYP to add emphasis
Was that like your big finish?

I agree, and have said many times that the looters, and even more the people setting cars on fire, are criminals.

Yet the trumpers here continually try to conflate the many peaceful protesters with the handful of looters as a way to undermine the cause of the protesters and justify policy brutality. Unsurprisingly they also consistently address me as if I support the looters or arsonists, despite my having consistently said the opposite.
[Reply]
ping2000 04:34 PM 06-03-2020

[Reply]
New World Order 04:40 PM 06-03-2020
Only if Trump's FBI is able to spy on Biden's campaign in what ends up being a hoax of an investigation.

What's fair is fair.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:41 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Was that like your big finish?

I agree, and have said many times that the looters, and even more the people setting cars on fire, are criminals.

Yet the trumpers here continually try to conflate the many peaceful protesters with the handful of looters as a way to undermine the cause of the protesters and justify policy brutality. Unsurprisingly they also consistently address me as if I support the looters or arsonists, despite my having consistently said the opposite.
You play your dishonest game and those particular posters play it with you. Dropping the game momentarily doesn't magically give you a moral high ground.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 04:50 PM 06-03-2020
If big if Trump loses to Biden half the country will not trust the results and we will as a country be more divided than ever before.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 05:07 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You play your dishonest game and those particular posters play it with you. Dropping the game momentarily doesn't magically give you a moral high ground.

Do you support trumps violation of protesters first amendment rights so he could stage a photo op?
[Reply]
Hamwallet 05:20 PM 06-03-2020
Orangeman is bad. So bad. Jackass.
[Reply]
Cosmos 05:30 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
No doubt Trump will throw a tantrum and claim everything is rigged. He claimed it was rigged last time--and he won.
But he's not going to refuse to leave. He can't wait to leave.
But he'll continue throwing that tantrum until he croaks.
He’s going to bargain for a pardon for him and his family in exchange for a peaceful transition.

Sadly...
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 05:42 PM 06-03-2020

[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up