ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3874 of 4898
« First < 2874337437743824386438703871387238733874 387538763877387838843924397443744874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:49 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How does Paton keep his job? That's embarrassing.

Add that to his insanely lazy approach to the QB situation (Oh, I've heard of that guy and I don't feel like actually evaluating young talent) and he should be done. Of course, I'd love to know why he passed on Jalen Hurts TWICE in the 2020 NFL draft if he thought QB was such an issue.
It would have been very impressive if Paton was able to steer the Broncos' 2020 draft seeing that he was still working for the Vikings at that point.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:02 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
It would have been very impressive if Paton was able to steer the Broncos' 2020 draft seeing that he was still working for the Vikings at that point.
Ahh, gotcha. So he wasn't responsible for passing on Hurts, but he was responsible for passing on Parsons, Fields, Slater, Humphrey, etc.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:42 PM 01-23-2023
Ahh, gotcha. So he wasn't responsible for passing on Hurts, but he was responsible for passing on Parsons, Fields, Slater, Humphrey, etc.
:-)

I wonder if rival fans mock Carolina’s FO for taking Jaycee Horn over Surtain.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:47 PM 01-23-2023

I wonder if rival fans mock Carolina’s FO for taking Jaycee Horn over Surtain.
Has Paton explained the logic of trading all of that draft capital for russ and then giving him a $250 million extension BEFORE he played a down for the donx?

Why not just draft and develop a guy for much less capital/money? Is he really that stupid/lazy?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:51 PM 01-23-2023
Has Paton explained the logic of trading all of that draft capital for russ and then giving him a $250 million extension BEFORE he played a down for the donx?

Why not just draft and develop a guy for much less capital/money? Is he really that stupid/lazy?
That move reeks of cheep scotch and alfalfa
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:06 PM 01-23-2023
I'd be excited by Steichen or Ryans.

I'd be disappointed and hoping to be proven wrong by Payton.

I'd be ambivalent about anyone else.
So you want yet another first time HC? I swear you guys are retarded.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:10 PM 01-23-2023

They’re so set on instant success, and ending the embarrassingly long losing streak to KC, that they’re making tons of bad decisions. It’s like the Keystone Cops are running the Dungks, and it’s absolutely hilarious!
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:17 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So you want yet another first time HC? I swear you guys are reeruned.
Plenty of first time HCs have been successful. Just because we had a bad experience with, uh... 4 of them doesn't mean we should take the possibility off the table, IMO.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:20 PM 01-23-2023

The story that was presented was that Paton wanted to wait for the extension but Walmart thought the QB market was about to jump and could get what would amount to a discount by doing the extension right away. Not completely sure that it’s true, though.
[Reply]
Chief3188 04:52 PM 01-23-2023
Plenty of first time HCs have been successful. Just because we had a bad experience with, uh... 4 of them doesn't mean we should take the possibility off the table, IMO.
I would agree with you and add that great coaches don't come available every year so you either go with a middling retread who may or may not be good or you go with a new one. Those are usually your choices. The Chiefs lucked out big time with Reid. If we had fired Pioli and Haley/Crennel one year earlier or later, who knows where we would be right now.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:54 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chief3188:
I would agree with you and add that great coaches don't come available every year so you either go with a middling retread who may or may not be good or you go with a new one. Those are usually your choices. The Chiefs lucked out big time with Reid. If we had fired Pioli and Haley/Crennel one year earlier or later, who knows where we would be right now.
Yep. I'm starting to think that if a home-run hire isn't available, they should just give the job to Rosburg with the open intention of vetting Evero for HC down the road.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:57 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You realize that's super embarrassing right??? You thought Jax wanted Hackett, panicked, and made a horrible hire. Just like you're doing now with Payton.

Good God Paton is a disaster
Oh no.

The problem last year is that they locked up Hackett without finishing the 2nd round of interviews.

This year, they're going to COMPLETE all of the 2nd round interviewers, according to ownership.

So of course, this means that the first guy they interviewed 2nd (Payton) is going to get the job.

/QJ "Logic"
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:59 PM 01-23-2023
The story that was presented was that Paton wanted to wait for the extension but Walmart thought the QB market was about to jump and could get what would amount to a discount by doing the extension right away. Not completely sure that it’s true, though.
Wow.

Paton can be fired.

The new ownership isn't going anywhere.

Gonna be tough of they insist on signing Rollback QB's.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:15 PM 01-23-2023
This is the time of year where Knowmo clinches his butthole and hopes the Chiefs don’t win another championship.

Going to be like this every year Knowmo :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:50 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
This is the time of year where Knowmo clinches his butthole and hopes the Chiefs don’t win another championship.

Going to be like this every year Knowmo :-)

The Broncos will sweep the Chiefs before the Chiefs beat this guy:

Bills don’t stand a chance..
pic.twitter.com/zHK4cZoZ8i

— Andrew Brandt (@AndrewBrandt) January 22, 2023

[Reply]
Page 3874 of 4898
« First < 2874337437743824386438703871387238733874 387538763877387838843924397443744874 > Last »
Up