ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Royals vs Brewers GDT - May 8***
ChiefsCountry 10:13 AM 05-08-2024

Brady Singer heads to the mound in the deciding game of our series vs. the Brewers. pic.twitter.com/RHlR0wLLRl

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) May 8, 2024

Look who's back ��

��: @BallySportWI
��: @620wtmj #ThisIsMyCrew X @NicoletLaw pic.twitter.com/B7KordbNXJ

— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) May 8, 2024

[Reply]
Dartgod 07:29 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Sat in 130 about 8 rows back today. Seeing games now allows me time to reflect on all the times I’ve been and the little things that trigger memories for me.

I watched the Brewers so many times through the years. In their heyday they had Yount, Molitor, Cecil Cooper, Rollie Fingers, Teddy Higuera, Sal Bando, Darrell Porter (who got in trade with Jim Colborn). Harvey’s Wallbangers. What a team that was. They managed to win the AL East one time. 1982. And beat the Angels in the ALCS before losing to the Cardinals in the 82 WS. Incredible series too.

This coming Sunday, May 12, I was in the stadium in 1978 for one of the greatest regular season wins in Royals history. Monday Night Baseball might have had the regional broadcast but I’m not certain.

Of course the Yankees came to town as World Champions after they beat the Royals in the game 5 that nearly tore my heart out. But 78 was a new season. The fuxking yankees waltzed into town with their usual swagger and held a 3-2 lead in the 9th. Amos Otis was at the plate and I think Darrell Porter was on second.

AO hits a drive into the right center gap, deep to the warning track. The fans, in anticipation, begin to rise to their feet thinking it might be a HR. But Paul Blair (former oriole and a great CF) has it in his sights and the falls into his glove.

But wait! Out of nowhere, RF Reggie Jackson slams into Blair and the ball falls free and rolls back towards CF. AO round the bases with ITPHR and the Royals, unbelievably steal victory from the jaws of defeat.

I love this game.
You have an incredible memory for these things.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:41 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
You have an incredible memory for these things.
It’s crazy what we remember. I Lost my car keys this morning. Ran all over the house to locate them. They were in the jacket on the passenger seat. I put the jacket there and went back in to retrieve my coffee.

This game I could never forget.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up