ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buccaneers
Red Dawg 02:30 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Buccaneers are so scary!
Just not a realistic score looking at how our defense has played.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:34 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Just not a realistic score looking at how our defense has played.
Our defense is the only thing that worries me about this game. Pennell needs to run stuff and Clark and Jones need to earn that paycheck.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:43 PM 11-25-2020
I was concerned about the Bucs based on record and stat sheets.

After watching the shitshow Monday night, I have no idea how they got to 7-3, I don't understand how they blew the Raiders out, and Brady looks like a scared old man.

They are SLOW. Like across the board. The only Bucs player on offense that has wheels is AB. The rest look like they're running in sand.

Defensive line is stout. back 7 is also SLOW.

Unless we have one of those games where we just aren't in the game mentally, we should embarass them.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 05:48 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

After watching the shitshow Monday night, I have no idea how they got to 7-3, I don't understand how they blew the Raiders out, and Brady looks like a scared old man.

They are SLOW. Like across the board. The only Bucs player on offense that has wheels is AB. The rest look like they're running in sand.

Unless we have one of those games where we just aren't in the game mentally, we should embarass them.

The fact that the Giants were able to move the ball on them, and nearly beat them gives me a lot of confidence.. I also don't think Arians is all that great as a coach, or that Leftwich is all that good as a OC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:53 PM 11-25-2020

They didn't really blow the Raiders out. It was 24-17 at the end of 3 and the Raiders closed to 24-20 right after the 4th started.

The Bucs scored on a long drive to go up 11 and Carr immediately threw a pick. Bucs scored in two plays. The Raiders then went for it on 4th down and the Bucs scored again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:31 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They didn't really blow the Raiders out. It was 24-17 at the end of 3 and the Raiders closed to 24-20 right after the 4th started.

The Bucs scored on a long drive to go up 11 and Carr immediately threw a pick. Bucs scored in two plays. The Raiders then went for it on 4th down and the Bucs scored again.
yeah that's what you said.

I hadn't watched them actually play all season until Monday.

After the game I have to say I was completely unimpressed with either team. But as for the Bucs-man if they can't handle Woods and Kupp, they're in a world of trouble this week.

And man, their offense looks terrible. Is that just where the NFC is this season? Because I think Cleveland would smoke them. I tend to watch the AFC games mostly as it's what affects KC. As for the rest, I do check stats and rankings (and highlights), but man...

The Chiefs have a little bit of a tendency to play down to opponents at times; and they could well do that Sunday, but if they were to actually show up ready to play we should blow them out of the ****ing water.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:43 PM 11-25-2020
yeah that's what you said.

I hadn't watched them actually play all season until Monday.

After the game I have to say I was completely unimpressed with either team. But as for the Bucs-man if they can't handle Woods and Kupp, they're in a world of trouble this week.

And man, their offense looks terrible. Is that just where the NFC is this season? Because I think Cleveland would smoke them. I tend to watch the AFC games mostly as it's what affects KC. As for the rest, I do check stats and rankings (and highlights), but man...

The Chiefs have a little bit of a tendency to play down to opponents at times; and they could well do that Sunday, but if they were to actually show up ready to play we should blow them out of the ****ing water.
I think the Rams have one of the top defenses and that had something to do with it. The Bucs and Arians have given in to Brady. Scotty Miller was killing it, then they signed Toms buddy AB. 1-2 since then.

I’m gonna be watching the game (even though it’s being played about 30 min from my house FUCK YOU COVID YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE MOTHER FUCKER IM SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE GAME) with my daughters boyfriend. I’ve been talking mad shit so I’m praying we can win this game or I’m gonna have to hear it until his team gets knocked out of the playoffs and we win the SB again.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:20 PM 11-25-2020

This is the game that makes Tom think about retirement. Chiefs will dominate/
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:34 PM 11-25-2020
Such an interesting matchup.

The Bucs' D is great against the run but looked really shaky against the intermediate passing game of the Rams, blitzes a ton, and has CB who are very aggressive but super susceptible to double moves.

On O, the key for me is how Chris Jones does creating pressure up the middle against Alex Cappa. Brady is the same as he has been - when he has to move his feet at all, he can't deliver the ball with much velocity or accuracy.

The Chiefs have done much, much better against QBs with more limited mobility.

I think the Raiders O matches up incredibly well against the Chiefs. I don't think there's a better pass blocking C-RG combon in the NFL than Hudson and Gabe Jackson (and even when they flip Jones to line up over the LG, Hudson is still available to help).

Hopefully Jones' groin is healthy and he can make the impact he's capable of making. If he's in Brady's lap a lot, KC is going to be just fine.

I'd also like to see them work Gay in as a pass rush option on 3rd downs somehow, even if he's standing up and they're going with a 3-man DL. His speed, power, and ferocity could make him potentially impactful there, IMO.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:07 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'd also like to see them work Gay in as a pass rush option on 3rd downs somehow, even if he's standing up and they're going with a 3-man DL. His speed, power, and ferocity could make him potentially impactful there, IMO.
I like this. If nothing else, I’ve noticed our blitz package be much less effective lately and I’ve gotta believe much of it is because it largely includes Niemann and Sorenson as the main guys coming from the second level.

Gay would be much quicker and more physical in that way.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:28 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I like this. If nothing else, I’ve noticed our blitz package be much less effective lately and I’ve gotta believe much of it is because it largely includes Niemann and Sorenson as the main guys coming from the second level.

Gay would be much quicker and more physical in that way.

I guess I’m basically advocating for a 3-3-5. Something like:

Clark/Wharton or KPass/Jones
Gay/Hitchens/Niemann
Ward/Breeland
Matthieu (slot)/Sorenson (box)/Thornhill (deep)

You can roll into cover 2 or cover 1 or even cover 0 from that formation and do some unpredictable things. It wouldn’t be an absolute liability against the run, and if it is a definite passing down you can swap Hitchens for Fenton.

Just trying to think of a creative way to beef up the rush.

I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen it already, with the talk of Gay playing a Buc-style role. But maybe Spagnuolo is squatting on it for a big game?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:07 PM 11-25-2020
I would really like to see the Chiefs D give Tom a beating. I love seeing him pout on the bench then run off the field crying after a loss.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 11-25-2020
Tompany Bay.....Tompany Bay?!?....OH NO!!!

Captain's Log, Stardate 2020.25.11

After an incident in the Floridian sector, Admiral Hunt has dispatched the U.S.S. Arrowhead to investigate.

The last ship in these parts was the SS Tompany Bay, but a vessel that old couldn't still be a threat...could it?

Damned peculiar. pic.twitter.com/3Fa3VPEAMq

— Captain Patkirk (@NCC1507) November 26, 2020

[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:17 AM 11-26-2020
AQ Shipley is OUT, possibly career ending injury. He has been their starting center.

Sounds like they get Marpet back for this game and thats huge.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 01:24 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
AQ Shipley is OUT, possibly career ending injury. He has been their starting center.

Sounds like they get Marpet back for this game and thats huge.
Even if Marpet plays it won't matter. The Bucs are far inferior at most positions and especially in the coaching department.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Up