ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 152
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
jdubya 10:19 PM 10-17-2020
Ha!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Why don't you compare the Chiefs offensive stats this year to a year ago at this time and get back to me.
That would blow up his whole argument?
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:11 AM 10-18-2020
If I were into betting...Vegas Raiders, in an inaugural season with a new stadium, would be my only interest.

NFL corporate has already seen to it that the Saints and Chiefs are PR fodder...if you go to a Raiders forum, check out how excited they are. THAT was/is the goal...generate new fan interest and land a "low hanging fruit" post-season position. Sell hope....

If you think the officials are done at just manipulating the KC/NO games...you didn't pay attention to their 2016 "convince Nevada politicians to green-light the move" tour. Carr actually set a NFL record for most 4th quarter comebacks...yeah right...then that "best ever in history...ice in your veins" magic just vanished...never to reappear. So how do you immediately fall off this imaginary cliff...only to start to redeem yourself a few years later?

Simple...build a stadium in the gambling capital of the universe.

They were *cough* "good" in 2016..when they were seeking relocation approval...suddenly, they are "good" again in 2020 when the move is complete...just shave off 18 points from the SB champs and you're magically a "winner".

2015 7-9, 2016 12-4, 2017 6-10, 2018 4-12, 2019 7-9...their one winning record was when they were "lobbying" politicians.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:08 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If I were into betting...Vegas Raiders, in an inaugural season with a new stadium, would be my only interest.

NFL corporate has already seen to it that the Saints and Chiefs are PR fodder...if you go to a Raiders forum, check out how excited they are. THAT was/is the goal...generate new fan interest and land a "low hanging fruit" post-season position. Sell hope....

If you think the officials are done at just manipulating the KC/NO games...you didn't pay attention to their 2016 "convince Nevada politicians to green-light the move" tour. Carr actually set a NFL record for most 4th quarter comebacks...yeah right...then that "best ever in history...ice in your veins" magic just vanished...never to reappear. So how do you immediately fall off this imaginary cliff...only to start to redeem yourself a few years later?

They were *cough* "good" in 2016..when they were seeking relocation approval...suddenly, they are "good" again in 2020 when the move is complete...just shave off 18 points from the SB champs and you're magically a "winner".

2015 7-9, 2016 12-4, 2017 6-10, 2018 4-12, 2019 7-9...their one winning record was when they were "lobbying" politicians.
Hallelujah!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:44 AM 10-18-2020

You are by far the smartest poster on CP. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:48 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Spags gambled and failed. It won't happen again.
It also seemed to me that on at least one of those long TDs someone blew their assignment.

Overall, it was a combination of risky play calling on defense, with a little bit of a poor performance by the defensive line, AND poor performances from the O-line, and the receivers and tight ends. The receivers had their hands on a lot of passes they didn't catch, and most of those passes were on the money.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:02 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Hallelujah!
Do people remember, prior to their 2016 season, all the pundits...seemingly out of nowhere, universally started hyping the Raiders? This was across the board...it was the strangest thing.

I couldn't figure out why as they went 7-9 the year before.

Usually, to generate this level of off-season buzz...you have at least one "statement" game. You handedly beat a contender or two...even though you ended up with a losing record. This dictates your team is on the "rise"...and improving.

These were the teams the Raiders beat to earn the 2016 hype...

5-11 Ravens
3-13 Browns
4-12 Chargers
10-6 Jets (Fitzpatrick was injured after 5 passes...backup Geno Smith came in. It was his only appearance that season.)
3-13 Titans
12-4 Broncos (Carr was 12/29 for 135 in a 15-12 game against backup Osweiler)
4-12 Chargers

So essentially their only "impressive" victories, against winning teams, were against back-up QBs.

The rest were teams with 5 or fewer wins...

They were 17th in offense and 22nd in defense.

In their final 8 games...they scored 14, 13, 15 ,17, 20, 20, 24 (3-13 Titans) 23 (OT 4-12 Chargers).

Half way through their "miracle" 12-4 season...it was publicly announced they were meeting with Nevada politicians about a potential relocation.

All the preseason hype...created out of thin air...suddenly made perfect sense....as did the record amount of 4th quarter comebacks. They promptly went back to sucking once the move was approved.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
It also seemed to me that on at least one of those long TDs someone blew their assignment.

Overall, it was a combination of risky play calling on defense, with a little bit of a poor performance by the defensive line, AND poor performances from the O-line, and the receivers and tight ends. The receivers had their hands on a lot of passes they didn't catch, and most of those passes were on the money.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
There were blown assignments all day unfortunately. The defensive backfield was just atrocious.
[Reply]
Thiggy#4 03:30 PM 10-19-2020
Defence was terrible and Mahomes couldn't channel his inner Thigpen for the first time in a long while.....See what happens today
[Reply]
jdubya 08:40 PM 10-19-2020
So Raiders are most certainly formidable then.........makes this kinda fun now.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:06 PM 10-20-2020

[Reply]
Easy Street 05:45 PM 10-20-2020

Wow. Those drugs must be prime out there in KC. Imagine believing the refs/league has ever been on the Raiders side :-). Whatever helps you sleep at night after your fat L.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:48 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Easy Street:
Wow. Those drugs must be prime out there in KC. Imagine believing the refs/league has ever been on the Raiders side :-). Whatever helps you sleep at night after your fat L.
Obviously you haven't met BlackOp . . .
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:17 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Easy Street:
They're in Vegas now with a brand spanking new stadium. Bit different.

Whether or not there was an agenda is immaterial. The bottom line is that the Raiders likely lose (and probably by double digits) if they had called an obvious DPI and not wiped two TDs off the board.

But, by all means, get your shots in for a few more weeks. Lord knows you haven't had the opportunity for about 20 years. :-)
[Reply]
backinblack 08:20 PM 10-20-2020
I'm a Raiders fan who has long been frustrated with the refs always being against us, and so far this year the tides have seemingly changed, we've gotten several calls in our favor that previously the refs would take glee in fucking us over with.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 152
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up