ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Harrison Butker Appreciation Thread ***
Nickhead 10:56 PM 10-03-2017

:-) to our newest place butker

I mean he is brave enough to wear #7 :-)

3/4 made.

for now i am going to apply the kareem hunt rule when it comes to our new kicker.

botched the first, he will be game money the rest of the way? :-)

i must say it is weird seeing the fans in the screen shots of the new kicker. the old one always was shown with nothing but grass behind him. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:08 AM 11-28-2023
Best start to a season for a Chiefs kicker.

There are only 5 perfect kicking seasons in NFL history

(Crosby/Forbath/Graham/Myers/Zendejas missed XPs)

A lot of these guys didn't play full seasons so it's pretty clear Butker has a chance to have the third-greatest kicking season ever behind Gary Anderson and Mike Vanderjagt.

Of course...they played in domes.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...gle_season.htm

[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 09:11 AM 11-28-2023
Wasn't Gary Anderson the one who didn't miss a kick all year then shanked one in the playoffs to lose the game?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:15 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by TheGreatCassholio:
Wasn't Gary Anderson the one who didn't miss a kick all year then shanked one in the playoffs to lose the game?
YES! :-)

If we extend this to the playoffs....Anderson is out.

You'd have to put Vanderjagt 1, Butker 2

Of course Vanderjagt didn't get a ring :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:17 AM 11-28-2023
I also noticed on his stats that 52/55 of his kickoffs have been touchbacks. 95%, highest of his career. Previous high was 78%.

I assume this is probably league wide. Teams may finally be understanding that it’s a bad idea to take kicks out of the endzone.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:18 AM 11-28-2023
Remember when he was hurt last year and a bunch of people here wanted us to cut him?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:23 AM 11-28-2023
Genuinely surprised to not see Tucker on that list. Would have figured that he would be on there for sure.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:24 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Remember when he was hurt last year and a bunch of people here wanted us to cut him?
someone dig up the wallcrawler posts

i KNOW they're there
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 AM 11-28-2023
losers, tratiors, etc

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Butker ain't that guy this year. Is it him? Is it the holder? Doesn't matter, because the unit can't be trusted to come through for the kick. Multiple times he's left 4 points on the field.

We're paying him half a billion dollars, and putting the games on a kicker that should be wearing #2. It's fucking asinine.
I don’t trust Butker in a close game.

Nobody should.

This isn't new.

13 seconds isn't even a thing if he doesn't leave 4 points on the field in a divisional playoff game.
Butker is not reliable.

Borderline fucking liability.

You have one job mother fucker. It's illegal to touch you.

Fuck.
Spags will put our worst db in single coverage on Chase

Chris Jones will reprise his role as the invisible man

Our O line will not be able to protect against a 3 man front

Butker will leave 4-6 points on the field

You know, the usual suspects in a Kansas City Chiefs loss

1. Harrison Butker right now is not that clutch guy that you can rely on. Arguably, he never has been. 13 seconds doesn't happen if the guy doesn't leave 4 points on the field in the first place, and we were just very fortunate he made good on the 49 yarder to tie. Andy is going to have to understand when it's better to just put the ball in 15s hands, and let the chips fall where they may. Watching this dude kick in big moments this year is giving me serious 90s vibes.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:11 AM 11-28-2023
I won’t trust Butker in big situations until he kicks a game winning field goal in the AFCCG and Super Bowl back to back.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:13 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Beat me to it. When he was hurt and had some struggles he got all the hate. Dude has been nails outside of that short time and then sent us to the SB.

Fans are fickle af
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:16 AM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
losers, tratiors, etc
Lmao, fucking douche bag.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:56 AM 11-28-2023
losers, tratiors, etc
Hey, doesn't that guy have sex with brick walls??
[Reply]
loochy 11:58 AM 11-28-2023
losers, tratiors, etc

It's wallcrawler though. That guy wakes up full of ideas for things to bitch about. He lives to bitch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:41 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I won’t trust Butker in big situations until he kicks a game winning field goal in the AFCCG and Super Bowl back to back.
He did actually miss a kick early in LVII lol

I always forget that and am reminded upon rewatch.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:16 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He did actually miss a kick early in LVII lol

I always forget that and am reminded upon rewatch.
I wonder though.

What if the Chiefs get the ball back with a few minutes left in the game and a 3 point lead instead of being tied? Do we go too conservative in trying to run out the clock?

If so, maybe the Eagles get the ball back down 3 with 2 minutes left. I wouldn’t have felt too confident in that situation.

69D Chess from Harrison Butker to intentionally miss the first field goal.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up