ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 33
« First < 212728293031 3233 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official AAF Discussion Thread***
11Chiefs 09:40 AM 02-07-2019
The first games of the Alliance of American Football (AAF) are this weekend. I haven't followed it and at this point I'm not that interested. However, a friend called me all excited. He said CBS will be carrying all the games... that seems interesting. I seen an NFL Network logo on the AAF website... that seems interesting.

What's your take? Is your DVR set? Why should I care?

https://aaf.com/schedule
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:53 AM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
Johnny Manziel just signed with the AAF according to PFT

so in retrospect this certainly seems like a marketing ploy to try to up viewership. probably forced by the league.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:54 PM 03-30-2019
Manziel threw a pick in the endzone then got kneed in the head and went out of the game with a pain killer prescription
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
At least for football it appears as though the NCAA will remain the NFL's AAA league.
Of course. Why does the NFL need the AAF?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:32 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Of course. Why does the NFL need the AAF?
The MLB's A/AA/AAA systems says, "hold my beer".

And don't say it's not the same thing, the same logic applies to both sports unless you're an asshole who refuses to admit that it's the same.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:06 PM 03-30-2019
The MLB's A/AA/AAA systems says, "hold my beer".

And don't say it's not the same thing, the same logic applies to both sports unless you're an asshole who refuses to admit that it's the same.
In baseball though rookies even first round picks are expected to spend at a couple months in the minors if not a couple years.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:28 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
In baseball though rookies even first round picks are expected to spend at a couple months in the minors if not a couple years.
I know. So why isn't that college. You know, since it works for the NFL.

In before, "No kid out of high school us ready for the NFL, they need four years in college to grow. And that's different than baseball's A/AA/AAA system - they're not spelled the same!"
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:39 PM 03-30-2019
I know. So why isn't that college. You know, since it works for the NFL.

In before, "No kid out of high school us ready for the NFL, they need four years in college to grow. And that's different than baseball's A/AA/AAA system - they're not spelled the same!"
Even draft picks from college hit the minors in baseball, then again careers tend to be longer.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:43 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Same. I’m convinced the only way you could make a spring league work is if the NFL is behind it and every pro team has their own minor league team as a developmental outlet. I would watch a Chiefs team in a developmental league even if they sucked. AAF and XFL? Meh.
It would have to have the NFL behind it as a developmental or at least called a minor league franchise.

How much money does an NFL team want to spend to develop players?

How is the CBA figured into this?

Would the public back it during the off season?

NFL Europe was the ticket and it wasn't ran correctly.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:13 PM 03-31-2019
Guess it didn’t fold his weekend.

Hotshots vs Commanders on NFL right now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:30 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Guess it didn’t fold his weekend.

Hotshots vs Commanders on NFL right now.
Watching now. Hope I'm helping their ratings just a bit, and hoping it helps..
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:08 PM 03-31-2019
AAF has proven that San Antonio could certainly support an NFL team. Not lets see if Jerruh will relent.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 04-02-2019
Suspending football operations.
[Reply]
Stinger 10:58 AM 04-02-2019

All @TheAAF football operations will be suspended in the next few hours, per source with knowledge of situation. League is not folding, yet. But it's heading that way.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) April 2, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:03 AM 04-02-2019

With the AAF suspending operations before its first season ends, Vince McMahon has sold enough WWE stock to finance the XFL for more than one season https://t.co/ems7qHuNrl

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) April 2, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:04 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Stinger:

That sucks. I enjoyed the league.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 33
« First < 212728293031 3233 >
Up