ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlovsky implores NFL owners to fix officiating 'epidemic'
iDeaL 09:06 AM 10-15-2019

Edit: In case you can't see the embedded video: https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27849969

He's right, you know...
[Reply]
Mecca 09:08 AM 10-15-2019
The problem though, is how do you fix it? The NFL wanted more penalties called this year, they've given them all of these points of emphasis of things to call.

It's not like there is this huge pool of good refs just sitting around, no one wants to be a ref every year at high school I get to hear about the shortage of officials in the country.
[Reply]
notorious 09:11 AM 10-15-2019
More penalties, more breaks for advertising, more talk about the NFL during the week.

Why would they want to fix this?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:12 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The problem though, is how do you fix it? The NFL wanted more penalties called this year, they've given them all of these points of emphasis of things to call.

It's not like there is this huge pool of good refs just sitting around, no one wants to be a ref every year at high school I get to hear about the shortage of officials in the country.
I know it's not a silver bullet, but I still don't understand why the full-time ref concept wouldn't work. If nothing else, these guys should be reviewing calls and talking about it every week. Refs should have film review and practice just like the players.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:15 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
More penalties, more breaks for advertising, more talk about the NFL during the week.

Why would they want to fix this?
Come on man, they aren't throwing flags for advertising purposes.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:17 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I know it's not a silver bullet, but I still don't understand why the full-time ref concept wouldn't work. If nothing else, these guys should be reviewing calls and talking about it every week. Refs should have film review and practice just like the players.
The problem with that though is a lot of those guys don't want to be full time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think we all know the answer and it rhymes with honey. The NFL has peddled this bs that full time ref experiments have failed. Well, yeah, because until refs view this as a permanent long term profession that's never going to change.

But it's not just on the refs. Why the owners want a league with all this subjective bs is beyond me. They asked for more penalties, and the refs are falling in line. More penalties means more offense which means more money.
[Reply]
notorious 09:18 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Come on man, they aren't throwing flags for advertising purposes.
Of course it’s not why, but it’s a benefit.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:19 AM 10-15-2019
I always think it's funny how it goes into a well they just suck argument yet somehow that suck always benefits certain teams.

You never see the Cardinals get a bunch of calls that help them beat the Patriots.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:19 AM 10-15-2019
They are missing an opportunity to make officiating grades into another meta. Officials should have their game day grades posted each week, along with a seasonal grade. They could spend entire segments on it each week between games.
[Reply]
In58men 09:19 AM 10-15-2019
NFL will announce that the refs made some mistakes and move on.

They’ve done this how many times now?
[Reply]
TLO 09:22 AM 10-15-2019
This flag brought to you by Budweiser, who reminds you to drink responsibly.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:24 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The problem with that though is a lot of those guys don't want to be full time.
They would want to be full time if the nfl paid them more than what they make elsewhere.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:25 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
They would want to be full time if the nfl paid them more than what they make elsewhere.
Some of those guys are lawyers and shit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:27 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
This flag brought to you by Budweiser, who reminds you to drink responsibly.
Introducing the Bud platinum flag
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up