ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL never intended to enforce PI challenges...
BlackOp 01:03 AM 10-15-2019
The only reason this rule even came into existence was because of the Rams/Saints game.

The tip is...Goodell wanted a LA team in the SB at all costs. When it looked that wasn't going to happen...the officials did what they had been instructed to do.

It turned into the most glaring, overt ****ed-up play in NFCCG history.

LA in the SB wasn't an accident...and I said this before last year even began.

This PI challenge is only damage control to make it appear that NFL didn't get exactly what it wanted.

They have literally made it impossible to win a PI challenge. Next season...the competition committee will say "we tried but it just didn't work out".

This is absolute horseshit...it would work perfectly if they followed the rule book. They never had any intention of ever following the rule book...PI is a critical component of how they control point spreads and dictate outcomes.

This rule change is failing because they want it to...and they will have their mouthpieces, in unison, agreeing that it was a bad idea. Watch...

It's actually detrimental to even attempt to challenge a PI...they arent going to overturn anything and it costs a TO + a challenge.

What a joke...Goodell has destroyed the NFL. It's unwatchable.
[Reply]
Yehoodi 06:45 AM 10-15-2019
I know they have used the rule once to call OPI on the Pats. I do not know about other games, but it has been used at least once.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:48 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We got hosed because they need Watson in the playoffs for the black QB angle.
Wrong - we got hosed because the NFL didn't give a fuck if we win or lose.

It was just like the playoff game vs Titans - "Forward Progress" gets called because we're blowing out an opponent on national TV. The Houston game was getting broadcast to 95% of the country, and it was a much-hyped "Mahomes vs Watson, future of the NFL" matchup. They didn't want the Chiefs to blow Houston out of the stadium by the early 2nd quarter in front of the entire country, they needed a close, back and forth kind of game.

Just like the Titans playoff game, they didn't care if we won by 3 or lost by 7, or lost by 1...as long as they had a one score game in the fourth.

The 'rigging' is often not to necessarily favor one team over another, it's just to create drama and intrigue for television viewing audiences. And the Supreme Court ruled that the NFL can "manipulate aspects of its broadcasts" for the viewing audiences...
[Reply]
Mecca 06:54 AM 10-15-2019
2 things, KC is still one of the smallest markets in the country, Houston one of the biggest.

We got favorable calls against Detroit, we got them again vs Indy for a short while and when we shit our pants repeatedly they said fuck it and spun the other way.
[Reply]
bobbything 07:03 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Wrong - we got hosed because the NFL didn't give a **** if we win or lose.

It was just like the playoff game vs Titans - "Forward Progress" gets called because we're blowing out an opponent on national TV. The Houston game was getting broadcast to 95% of the country, and it was a much-hyped "Mahomes vs Watson, future of the NFL" matchup. They didn't want the Chiefs to blow Houston out of the stadium by the early 2nd quarter in front of the entire country, they needed a close, back and forth kind of game.

Just like the Titans playoff game, they didn't care if we won by 3 or lost by 7, or lost by 1...as long as they had a one score game in the fourth.

The 'rigging' is often not to necessarily favor one team over another, it's just to create drama and intrigue for television viewing audiences. And the Supreme Court ruled that the NFL can "manipulate aspects of its broadcasts" for the viewing audiences...
This has been my opinion for a long time. It’s not that the NFL wants us to win or lose, it’s that they don’t care one way or another. The only thing they care about is Vegas. Officials will do what they can to influence that.

Now, it can be overcome by simply playing perfect, but just watch most times when a game is on the cusp of a blowout, there is inevitably some sort of questionable call made. My dad constantly makes fun of me for buying into a conspiracy theory but every time I point it out in real time, like the (non) PI debacle on Sunday, he just snickers.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:06 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
This has been my opinion for a long time. It’s not that the NFL wants us to win or lose, it’s that they don’t care one way or another. The only thing they care about is Vegas. Officials will do what they can to influence that.

Now, it can be overcome by simply playing perfect, but just watch most times when a game is on the cusp of a blowout, there is inevitably some sort of questionable call made.
Accurate.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:37 AM 10-15-2019
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:06 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
The NFL knows that it has its marks.
[Reply]
notorious 09:09 AM 10-15-2019
The refs have called PI 95% correct according to the challenge results.

That’s including the PI called against Detroit when we played them and they didn’t even make contact.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:12 AM 10-15-2019
Of course the NFL is going to get rid of it after this year.

It's the single-most easy way (other than holding) to dictate game flow.

Just ask the jags, after their playoff loss to the pats a few years back.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:15 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The refs have called PI 95% correct according to the challenge results.

That’s including the PI called against Detroit when we played them and they didn’t even make contact.
Lucky we're not 3-3.
[Reply]
notorious 09:17 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Lucky we're not 3-3.
Absolutely. We could also be 5-1 if the team catches a floater assist from the NFL against Indy.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 09:19 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Do you realize that without Brady...Kraft recoils back into the toady, boring billionaire that he always was? He's only a celebrity because of TB12...he's going to protect that "life-force/youth" connection for as long as he can.

Kraft isn't stupid...and Brady offers something billions cant buy...when he goes...it goes with him.

It's like the end of Goodfellas...when Ray Liotta realizes his new life sucks.
It pisses off Pats fans when the say "TB12", and I ask them how long they've been a Steelers fan.
:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:27 AM 10-15-2019
Blacktop... you need your own YouTube channel. I mean, you come up with some Alex Jones level crazy shit. There's some truth sprinkled through it, no doubt. But, holy cow.

I just don't understand why you watch the NFL any longer... I truly don't, surely there is something more positive you could be doing with your life. I can only imagine the anquish, disgust and outright contempt for the league you have during every play. It can't be good for your health.

It's certainly not good for your sanity.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:31 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Absolutely. We could also be 5-1 if the team catches a floater assist from the NFL against Indy.
Or if Pringle would've went for the first down instead of trying to twerk around defenders.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:34 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Blacktop... you need your own YouTube channel. I mean, you come up with some Alex Jones level crazy shit. There's some truth sprinkled through it, no doubt. But, holy cow.

I just don't understand why you watch the NFL any longer... I truly don't, surely there is something more positive you could be doing with your life. I can only imagine the anquish, disgust and outright contempt for the league you have during every play. It can't be good for your health.

It's certainly not good for your sanity.
The WWE is a billion dollar company.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up