ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets Expected To Trade These 4 Players
Titty Meat 08:40 PM 10-14-2019
https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/nfl-sou...move/311133364

Trumaine Johnson (huge contract), Leonard Williams (yes please), Osmele (that would be an upgrade), and Leveon Bell
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:57 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We weren't any less likely to stop the run last year and we were slightly MORE likely to stop the pass, at least through a quarterback pressure.

This defense is really bad, man. Very possibly (and in many ways definitely) worse than last years.

At least last season we could sell out to pressure the QB - precisely what the hell would that accomplish this year? We downgraded personnel in the front 7....somehow.
I'm thinking less about blitzing and more about selling out to stop the run. McClain will upgrade our interior DL. Ragland in the middle... But hopefully Zach brown instead. Hitchens can bump out to the outside. We'll get bigger and slower, and we won't get any pass rush. But at least we'll stop the run.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:07 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Brett Veach trades high draft picks for these players, he should be beaten with a crow bar dipped in an AIDS bath until he gets the picture.

Playing all in for this year is incredibly stupid
There's gotta be a few players out there who are above average in one particular area (run defense) that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I wouldn't mind giving up a higher pick for a good interior offensive lineman.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:10 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea this defense sucks, it's full of a bunch of overpaid underachievers.
I can't believe we'll likely go into year 3 under Veach still trying to figure out the run defense.

The run defense. Not fixing the entire team. Not finding a quarterback then weapons around him, followed by somewhat stabilizing the entire defense. We're talking just the run defense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:12 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
There's gotta be a few players out there who are above average in one particular area (run defense) that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I wouldn't mind giving up a higher pick for a good interior offensive lineman.
Pennel and peko are still available. At this point lets just be run stoppers. Feel like a lot of big heavies are available because defenses are trying to stop the spread. Teams like the 49ers and ravens saw this as a window to build power running games.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:53 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You're definitely a "glass half-full guy," aren't you?
Picks up full glass of beer. Chugs it. Holds glass up. Asks.
Is this glass empty?
Turns glass upside down. Shakes out a few drops. Asks.
Or is this glass not quite 100% full?

I’m a glass not quite 100% full type of guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Pennel and peko are still available. At this point lets just be run stoppers. Feel like a lot of big heavies are available because defenses are trying to stop the spread. Teams like the 49ers and ravens saw this as a window to build power running games.
Might be worth a go, put those guys in the middle, put Jones and Clark outside and see if the LB's can become average when the line can keep them clean.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:36 PM 10-15-2019
WE

HIM

BAD!!!!!
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:38 PM 10-15-2019
I don’t buy the Jets trading Bell. Look at their upcoming schedule. This team could pull a 2015 Chiefs if Darnold stays healthy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:45 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{cringe}

And not because I hate the idea.

But because this is literally the exact conversation we had last season. "Well fuck it, if we're gonna give up a TD anyway, might as well take risks to create a turnover; worst case scenario is our offense gets back on the field to stay in rhythm and answer."

Meet the new boss...

{sigh}

I was all for it last year and looks like it is time to fire this idea up again. :-) I actually can't believe our D got worse so fucking depressing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:16 PM 10-15-2019
I can't find any news anywhere concerning the Jets trading LeVeon. Think this is fake news.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 06:31 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
I would love to be a fly on the wall when those bunch of pussies watches their own film on Mondays. Good Lord that must be a really somber meeting.

[Reply]
JakeF 08:44 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I can't believe we'll likely go into year 3 under Veach still trying to figure out the run defense.

The run defense. Not fixing the entire team. Not finding a quarterback then weapons around him, followed by somewhat stabilizing the entire defense. We're talking just the run defense.
That's because of the problems at the top. It infects the the rest of the team.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up