ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets Expected To Trade These 4 Players
Titty Meat 08:40 PM 10-14-2019
https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/nfl-sou...move/311133364

Trumaine Johnson (huge contract), Leonard Williams (yes please), Osmele (that would be an upgrade), and Leveon Bell
[Reply]
FAH-Q 06:43 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
4.5 40 time to Raglands 4.72. Zach brown may not be fast, but Ragland is slow. Nobody is expecting him to be a stud lb. But he's a decent run defender and we need flexibility to play bigger sets so we don't get dominated in power running. The only thing that would concern me is I don't know he's the smartest guy to play the middle and I'd have concerns about two teams wanting to get rid of a guy with his kind of talent. But he can't be any worse for our defense.
We're talking about a 40 time by Brown from 7 years ago, right? Linebackers can't help run defense when the offensive linemen are able to get to them to block - or the soft interior defensive linemen are getting pushed five yards into the linebackers. Without a solid defensive line, it doesn't really matter who your LBs are. I think it starts up front with your big nasties, and our linemen are freaking awful at run stuffing. The concept of "shooting the gap" is non-existent with our group of linemen or linebackers. Remember when DJ used to do this on the reg?

Disclaimer: I don't mean to sound constantly pessimistic here, it's just so demoralizing to watch this group of defenders play that I cannot fathom what one single additional could do to change it into even an average group. They are exquisitely pathetic. I would love to be a fly on the wall when those bunch of pussies watches their own film on Mondays. Good Lord that must be a really somber meeting.
[Reply]
carcosa 06:45 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Trade for Greg Williams. We him bad.
WE HIM BAD!!!
[Reply]
RunKC 07:10 AM 10-15-2019
If Brett Veach trades high draft picks for these players, he should be beaten with a crow bar dipped in an AIDS bath until he gets the picture.

Playing all in for this year is incredibly stupid
[Reply]
Jerm 07:12 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Brett Veach trades high draft picks for these players, he should be beaten with a crow bar dipped in an AIDS bath until he gets the picture.

I have this disheartening feeling he's going to panic and drastically overpay for 1 or 2 players....
[Reply]
FAH-Q 07:13 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Agreed, however I also have no faith he'd identify any real talent to draft with those high picks anyway, so damned if you do, damned if you don't.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:27 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
We're talking about a 40 time by Brown from 7 years ago, right? Linebackers can't help run defense when the offensive linemen are able to get to them to block - or the soft interior defensive linemen are getting pushed five yards into the linebackers. Without a solid defensive line, it doesn't really matter who your LBs are. I think it starts up front with your big nasties, and our linemen are freaking awful at run stuffing. The concept of "shooting the gap" is non-existent with our group of linemen or linebackers. Remember when DJ used to do this on the reg?

Disclaimer: I don't mean to sound constantly pessimistic here, it's just so demoralizing to watch this group of defenders play that I cannot fathom what one single additional could do to change it into even an average group. They are exquisitely pathetic. I would love to be a fly on the wall when those bunch of pussies watches their own film on Mondays. Good Lord that must be a really somber meeting.
I say just come to grips with the reality that our defense won't be good. If they aren't good, I'd rather score quick than give up 10 yard drives. Mcclain and brown would be solid vs the run. It's a start. We may give up yards in bigger chunks but I'm tired of watching our offense from the sidelines. Ogbah and okafor are supposed to be better run defenders than we've seen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:31 AM 10-15-2019
I say just come to grips with the reality that our defense won't be good. If they aren't good, I'd rather score quick than give up 10 yard drives. Mcclain and brown would be solid vs the run. It's a start. We may give up yards in bigger chunks but I'm tired of watching our offense from the sidelines. Ogbah and okafor are supposed to be better run defenders than we've seen.
the biggest problem it seems, is the middle of the line.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:33 AM 10-15-2019
At this point I'm ready to do some sell out run blitzes, try some creative shit, if you give up big plays oh well at least the offense doesn't sit for an entire quarter.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:37 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
the biggest problem it seems, is the middle of the line.
I hope Mcclain helps. McClain can't get qb pressure worth a shit but he's solid vs the run. Brown can get you better run D without Ragland like speed, which allows us to get Hitchens outside who can probably do the same better than our OLBs. We will be a lot slower and not as good at rushing the passer, but we'd be much better equipped to stop the run. JMO.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:40 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At this point I'm ready to do some sell out run blitzes, try some creative shit, if you give up big plays oh well at least the offense doesn't sit for an entire quarter.
Yip on that. Let them get into the red zone quickly and then tighten up to force FGs..... better than wearing down over the course of 10 plays and giving up a TD
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:21 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
{cringe}

And not because I hate the idea.

But because this is literally the exact conversation we had last season. "Well fuck it, if we're gonna give up a TD anyway, might as well take risks to create a turnover; worst case scenario is our offense gets back on the field to stay in rhythm and answer."

Meet the new boss...

{sigh}
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:40 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{cringe}

And not because I hate the idea.

But because this is literally the exact conversation we had last season. "Well **** it, if we're gonna give up a TD anyway, might as well take risks to create a turnover; worst case scenario is our offense gets back on the field to stay in rhythm and answer."

Meet the new boss...

{sigh}
Well, last year we couldn't stop the run or the pass. We were better vs the run, but still bad. Sutton was also getting torched on long ass drives. Sell out to stop the run and pressure the qb. Enough with the bend don't break bs, especially when our team can't even stop us from breaking.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM 10-15-2019
Well, last year we couldn't stop the run or the pass. We were better vs the run, but still bad. Sutton was also getting torched on long ass drives. Sell out to stop the run and pressure the qb. Enough with the bend don't break bs, especially when our team can't even stop us from breaking.
We weren't any less likely to stop the run last year and we were slightly MORE likely to stop the pass, at least through a quarterback pressure.

This defense is really bad, man. Very possibly (and in many ways definitely) worse than last years.

At least last season we could sell out to pressure the QB - precisely what the hell would that accomplish this year? We downgraded personnel in the front 7....somehow.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:52 AM 10-15-2019
Yea this defense sucks, it's full of a bunch of overpaid underachievers.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:56 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You're definitely a "glass half-full guy," aren't you?
It's more of a "diaper half full" situation.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up