ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Transitioning to a DEFENSIVE team..how would you do it?
UChieffyBugger 05:34 PM 10-14-2019
How would yall approach this? Because yesterday was the last straw for me...imo we're NOT winning the championship this year and we're NOT winning one until we have a competent defense. So if you were Clark how would you approach this? Is it just a matter of replacing Andy with a defensive minded coach? Is it about keeping Andy but getting rid of Veach and finding a GM who has a history of being in a defensive culture who can transform this roster? is it a matter of getting rid of Spaggs? Because the bottom line is Spaggs has a history of having bad defenses despite the odd occasion of success.

I think it's a mixture of everything tbh. Andy is stuck in his ways and I'm not sure he could handle transitioning into a defensive team. Veach is a young pup that has made so many mistakes from Ragland, to Hitchens, to Clark etc and his efforts to improve the CB position has been pathetic.

I'm merely thinking long term here...Pat has NEVER had a good defense in his entire college and pro career!!...enough is enough now, time to start the process as soon as this season ends and we as fans need to make sure the club knows that we want this to happen. Our time of possession yesterday was the LOWEST in Chiefs franchise history...let's learn from what happened with Rodgers in Green Bay and act NOW.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:44 PM 10-14-2019
We don't do ourselves any favors by punting to the other team. Better ball control to help keep the defense off the field because we are a dynamic offense we should be able to control the clock especially after obtaining a lead by two touchdowns.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:45 PM 10-14-2019
Trade everyone, including Mahomes, and roll with Matt Moore.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:45 PM 10-14-2019
Colquitt has a nice game
[Reply]
Jerm 05:45 PM 10-14-2019
For starters, I would've never and would never give a HC so much power esp. when it comes to personnel. If they're slanted towards one side of the ball or the other, you get what we're seeing now.

The GM and Head Coach should always work hand in hand yes but have separate duties and the GM's job should be to build a balanced team...take that how you will...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:46 PM 10-14-2019
I would trade Mahomes for Keuchly straight up. Maybe add in McCaffrey as wel
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:46 PM 10-14-2019
I agree with another poster that we should go for it on every fourth down. More plays for Mahomes and fewer for the defense is just simple math.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:47 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
We don't do ourselves any favors by punting to the other team. Better ball control to help keep the defense off the field because we are a dynamic offense we should be able to control the clock especially after obtaining a lead by two touchdowns.
I've said the same before. We can still score but hold the ball more. Long ball is a shit game plan.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 10-14-2019
I wouldn't. I'd pick up a couple solid run-stopping middle LBs right now, and look at finding a couple solid run stoppers at DT and call it good. Trying to re-make the team into a defensive powerhouse is not an option at this point.
[Reply]
wazu 05:52 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just think of all the defensive talent we could draft with the picks acquired in a Mahomes trade! We'd be unstoppable!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:54 PM 10-14-2019
I would have started with at MLB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 10-14-2019
Screw it. Is Mark Sanchez still available? We could go full Jets stupid, see how that works out.
[Reply]
493rd 06:04 PM 10-14-2019
Either MLB or pass rush. Simple as that.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:07 PM 10-14-2019
I'd start by revoking UChieffyBurger's thread starting privileges...
[Reply]
kcclone 06:08 PM 10-14-2019

Somehow the Saints have figured out a way to build a team capable of winning even with their backup QB.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up