ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy on bench with Pat while the D struggles
srvy 04:02 PM 10-14-2019
OK this is my pet peeve since everyone else seems to have something to be PO'ed about. Andy turning his back on the D while the offense is off the field. He goes over to pat sits next to him even once caught shooing Kafka his QB coach away. I have been a little bit put off seeing this many times while our D continues to struggle. It looks like he doesn't give a damn bout that side of the ball not to mention how the defensive players feel about it. You the head coach and responsible for everything going on on the field. Its just like Dick Vermeil was and we fielded defenses that produced a no punt game. I realise that Pat is important along with his development but convey it to the person you hired to be QB coach and keep your ass involved in the whole game.

I tried to start the video of what set me off at 3:10 mark of Andy's after game presser. If it starts at beginning just advance to 3:10 to see what I mean.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:54 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Definitely should judge him off that one year and forget he took a team to the NFCCCG 4 years in a row (only coach ever) and the SB.
He did that when Jim Johnson was his defensive coordinator...
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:00 PM 10-14-2019
People that want Andy fired are fucking retards. These guys are grown ass men who get paid to play a game. You are not going to yell at them and make them play better. That is such a stupid fucking concept.
[Reply]
threebag 09:05 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The fuck could they be talking about for 3/4 of the game?

"Need you to keep chucking it deep, son."
"Maybe we could run Shady, coach?"
"Cinnamon roll, is it a donut or nah?"
Well you know you won’t hear

“Gotta go, defense got a 3 and out...”
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:07 PM 10-14-2019
Coaching up the future of the franchise is the best use of Reid's time on game day.

I'm OK with it.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 09:10 PM 10-14-2019
Does Mahomes REALLY need Andy that much that he spends his time between drives talking with him. What are they even talking about, Mahomes bails him out despite some atrocious play calls most of the time.

Anyone remember the run on 2nd and 14 last game. There’s many such examples where the drive fizzled out at 3rd and a mile but Mahomes bailed the offense out making off schedule plays.

At this point, I don’t think Mahomes needs an ‘offensive guru’. The chiefs need a defensive coach if they have a shot in hell of winning the Super Bowl within the next two years.

Unpopular opinion but I think the Chiefs would have been better this year with Matt Patricia as head coach.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:10 PM 10-14-2019
If this defense continues to play this way for the entire season and ends up being worse than last year, then Andy must fire Spags.

Everybody is laying blame at the feet of Brett Veach when they forget that he went out and got Frank Clark because Spags told him he wanted him.
He asked that motherfucker for a grocery list and got his guys.

Don’t care if it’s 1 year. That poor of performance should lead to a firing. Don’t want to hear about a new scheme either. The guys he brought in played in the 4-3, including guys like Hitchens and Ragland who were here before.
[Reply]
Jimmya 09:25 PM 10-14-2019
I'm not advocating to fire him... But he has to much power.. We need a GM that has more say and will hire a high end DC
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:28 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
I'm not advocating to fire him... But he has to much power.. We need a GM that has more say and will hire a high end DC
The only type of HC that would give up autonomy over their coaching staff is a desperate loser like Vic Fangio.
[Reply]
Jimmya 09:43 PM 10-14-2019
"Reid made a push for a contract extension this preseason, via his agent Bob LaMonte, and was given the stiff arm by Lurie. Combined with Lurie's comments following last season, that's a sign Reid's license to coach for the foreseeable future is about to expire." Had to much power in Philadelphia, then see ya!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:28 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
For me, this doesn't bother me at all. Every incremental moment, erg, or synapse electrical charge that Wally can contribute to the next drive or the next offensive play FAR OUTWEIGHS any benefit he can provide when the defense is on the field.

It's simply the most efficient and effective use of his time.

FAX
BINGO !!
[Reply]
scho63 02:53 AM 10-15-2019
Andy Reid is calling the offense. He can't do both. They have guys upstairs and it's Spags responsibility.

If he fails, he has to answer for that.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:14 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by doomy3
Said Clark told him they didn’t have any passion to stop the run. Collins said, “this is the same guy who got run over by the quarterback for a touchdown.” Holthus is uncomfortable in this interview where he just wants to put the hammer down.
I am not sure what happens on a normal Monday-Friday, but this should be first and foremost on Andy's plate this week. Let EB worry about the offense. We don't tackle better and stop the run against Denver, we will be 4-3 come midnight Thursday.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:53 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
He did that when Jim Johnson was his defensive coordinator...
OK I see he doesnt get credit for any of that then. :-)
[Reply]
Mahomesmyman 07:57 AM 10-15-2019
Belichick doesn't work with offense at all. OC runs the offense and Brady is his assistant OC.

Do you people call Belichick HoF DC with GM powers?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:41 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
OK I see he doesnt get credit for any of that then. :-)
That's not what I'm getting at, DUMBASS.

He had JJ as DC, so Reid was able to hand him complete autonomy of the defensive side of the ball and never worry about it, and that was never a problem because Johnson was one of the best DCs in the history of the league who always had the defense playing at a top level.

Since Johnson died, Reid has had Sean McDermott, Juan Castillo, Todd Bowles, Bob Sutton, and Steve Spagnuolo as DC, and defense has been a problem for Reid's teams.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up