ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy on bench with Pat while the D struggles
srvy 04:02 PM 10-14-2019
OK this is my pet peeve since everyone else seems to have something to be PO'ed about. Andy turning his back on the D while the offense is off the field. He goes over to pat sits next to him even once caught shooing Kafka his QB coach away. I have been a little bit put off seeing this many times while our D continues to struggle. It looks like he doesn't give a damn bout that side of the ball not to mention how the defensive players feel about it. You the head coach and responsible for everything going on on the field. Its just like Dick Vermeil was and we fielded defenses that produced a no punt game. I realise that Pat is important along with his development but convey it to the person you hired to be QB coach and keep your ass involved in the whole game.

I tried to start the video of what set me off at 3:10 mark of Andy's after game presser. If it starts at beginning just advance to 3:10 to see what I mean.

[Reply]
JakeF 06:24 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sean Payton was a QB, Qb coach, OC, now HC with the Saints and has never had anything to do with the defense. And has won a SB by leaving the defense to the DC.
I don't watch the saints enough to see if Peyton sits on the bench and ignores the rest of his team like Reid. I don't know what set up the Saints have behind to scenes to keep the defense on track.

I just know what the Chiefs do.

That Andy continues to do the same shit over and over again. He has the same problems all the time. Common denominator.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:32 PM 10-14-2019
You ever play on a football team? You know who's supposed to light a fire under the defensive unit? Or the offensive unit?

The DC yells at the defense. The OC yells at the offense. The HC praises the unit when they do good.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:38 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
"Andy Reid will never be a true head coach because he only cares about offense. He will never trust a true OC."
Eagles Fan
So accurate.
[Reply]
srvy 06:39 PM 10-14-2019
You ever play on a football team? You know who's supposed to light a fire under the defensive unit? Or the offensive unit?

The DC yells at the defense. The OC yells at the offense. The HC praises the unit when they do good.
Whats our QB coaches job? To keep the bench warm for Andy when he wants to cuddle with Pat?

Hell why even have a head coach.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:40 PM 10-14-2019

Yes, 9 years.

Every coach on every team I've been on made it a priority to keep players fired up and playing smart.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:43 PM 10-14-2019
No one was bothered by Andy sitting and going over the previous drive with Pat when the Chiefs were winning, but now it's a problem? More overreaction. Never mind that he's not a defensive coach and never has been.

And please let's not talk about Todd Haley as if he were any kind of a good coach. The man was the worst HC in Chiefs' history.
No shit, the idea Andy standing there watching the defense would fix shit is hilarious.

Andy has always let the DC run the defense morons.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:45 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
No shit, the idea Andy standing there watching the defense would fix shit is hilarious.

Andy has always let the DC run the defense morons.
I know, dumb of us to think 20 years without a Super Bowl miiiiiiight make him want to do things differently...I guess not.

Eh ok, I guess we'll keep doing the same shit...I mean it's worked in the past. :-)
[Reply]
Jimmya 06:49 PM 10-14-2019
So Fat Andy trust a DC but not an OC... Hmmm
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:49 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yes, 9 years.

Every coach on every team I've been on made it a priority to keep players fired up and playing smart.
Ok, great. Did the HC go and yell at the defense BEFORE the DC did or after?

I only played for 4 years, but the hierarchy was plain: the DC yelled at the defense. If and only if that didn't have the desired effect would the HC say anything. And usually he had words with the DC, not the players.

I can't remember a single instance of the OC saying anything to the defense during any game. Or vice versa.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:55 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I know, dumb of us to think 20 years without a Super Bowl miiiiiiight make him want to do things differently...I guess not.

Eh ok, I guess we'll keep doing the same shit...I mean it's worked in the past. :-)
Yea I bet Andy was thinking "I haven't won a SB in 20 years of coaching but if I stood there and watched the defense even though I've NEVER been a defensive coach that might change, naw fuck it."

Moron.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:55 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
So Fat Andy trust a DC but not an OC... Hmmm
Well thats the difference between being an Offensive coach your whole life and a defensive one. Weird I know.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:58 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What is Reid going to do? Like, seriously, what in the **** could he tell those guys? Stop sucking so ****ing much? At the very least, he understands where he needs to be. If only he'd start hiring the best possible DC candidates instead of glad handing douchebag yesmen.
He could have some level of involvement rather than being completely apathetic to the ongoing deterioration of our dumpster fire defensive unit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:59 PM 10-14-2019
Not sure what you guys don't understand about Reid. Its a give an take.

You don't get the Mahomes you have without Reid and he is going to depend on his defensive coaches.

Nobody was railing on Reid last year when Mahomes threw 50 TDs and 5000 yards. What he is basically on pace to do again.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:00 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
He could have some level of involvement rather than being completely apathetic to the ongoing deterioration of our dumpster fire defensive unit.
You have zero evidence he is completely apathetic to the defense. In fact the idea of that is absurd and nothing but emotional babble from someone smart enough to know better.
[Reply]
Jimmya 07:02 PM 10-14-2019
Please list the number of head coaches that call offense that have won superbowls. It was on ESPN earlier... You might be surprised.. VERY FEW
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up