ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing Kareem Hunt killed us
493rd 11:20 AM 10-14-2019
This may seem obvious, but I believe Hunt’s loss created a more glaring void than anyone could’ve imagined. The simple reality is that our offense no longer has the ability to sustain drives because we can’t run the football. It’s easy to bitch at Reid for not running the ball, but the truth is that we can’t block well enough to run the damn ball, and the RBs we have now aren’t capable of creating things on their own. Hunt was and was at the top of the yards after first contact category. Now, no team in the league fears our run game and they’re teeing off on our shitty line as a result.

Getting Fisher back will help, but it won’t change things significantly enough to matter. Until we find another guy in the backfield that commands the oppositions respect, we’ll continue to struggle offensively. There will certainly be games that Mahomes is unstoppable in, but they likely won’t be in January. Damien Williams, McCoy, and the others aren’t nearly good enough.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:34 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What would it take to trade for Hunt?
I heard the Browns will give us Kareem Hunt if you kill yourself.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:39 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Please explain to me how a suspended player could have helped us the last 2 games??
If he wasn't suspended.

Then I complained about just cutting him. I wasn't connecting the two things.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:22 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
And yet Damien Williams filled in last year and almost nobody noticed. I blame Reid's playcalling and an offensive line full of swing tackles for our running game than anything.
BINGO !!!
[Reply]
TEX 10:24 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If he wasn't suspended.

Then I complained about just cutting him. I wasn't connecting the two things.
Oh, I think everyone knew what you meant. "Smart guys" like to point out that Hunt would be suspended now so he could not help. That only works for 2 more weeks.
[Reply]
Mahomer 10:37 PM 10-14-2019
Folks that keep saying that Damien Williams production last year filled in nicely for Hunt are missing the big picture and much of OP's point. Our offense including the passing game has looked very different after he left the team. This is no coincidence to the fact that teams were specifically game-planning around stopping the juggernaut in Hunt. He was one of the weapons on this team. Damien Williams is not a weapon that a single NFL team is game planning for. He isn't even a weapon that jealous fans of other teams use in order to diminish Mahomes' accomplishments like they do with Hill, Kelce and use to do with Hunt.

I don't give a fuck if Damien Williams had similar numbers last season. Yeah, it's easy when defenses don't give a shit about you and would rather double team Hill and Kelce. A ton of Hunt's yards last season came against defenses that actually gave a shit about stopping him. No fucking team cares about Williams and would rather Wiliams goes off than suffer a Mahomes to Hill TD bomb.

Same with McCoy this season too. Last season in Buffalo he ran against 9 men in the box, so of course, it makes sense why he's getting 5 YPC here with the Chiefs. It's all correlated and losing Hunt has hurt this offense much more than just losing his rushing yards. He was a beast and a literal weapon that we still haven't replaced.

Damien fucking Williams will never be that weapon. Simple as that. Deny it all you want. This is a fact.
[Reply]
oldman 08:04 AM 10-15-2019
How many yards would Hunt have for us this year? Zero. He's gone, never to return, and he'll probably be suspended again soon.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:23 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Oh, I think everyone knew what you meant. "Smart guys" like to point out that Hunt would be suspended now so he could not help. That only works for 2 more weeks.
No. I'm not trying to be a "smart guy". I just don't see the point of complaining about how much better this team would be with Hunt while we wouldn't have him now anyway. If he was tearing things up in Cleveland, then I could see it. He could just come in and be average in their offense. We don't know yet.
[Reply]
TEX 08:27 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
No. I'm not trying to be a "smart guy". I just don't see the point of complaining about how much better this team would be with Hunt while we wouldn't have him now anyway. If he was tearing things up in Cleveland, then I could see it. He could just come in and be average in their offense. We don't know yet.
Look at it this way, you argument would be void in after 2 weeks when a TOP # RB would be on the way to help a poor running game. It just might have coincided with the return of Fish. What a shot in the arm that would have been for the offense for the 2nd half of the season. Oh well...
[Reply]
Raker10 01:35 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mahomer:
Folks that keep saying that Damien Williams production last year filled in nicely for Hunt are missing the big picture and much of OP's point. Our offense including the passing game has looked very different after he left the team. This is no coincidence to the fact that teams were specifically game-planning around stopping the juggernaut in Hunt. He was one of the weapons on this team. Damien Williams is not a weapon that a single NFL team is game planning for. He isn't even a weapon that jealous fans of other teams use in order to diminish Mahomes' accomplishments like they do with Hill, Kelce and use to do with Hunt.

I don't give a **** if Damien Williams had similar numbers last season. Yeah, it's easy when defenses don't give a shit about you and would rather double team Hill and Kelce. A ton of Hunt's yards last season came against defenses that actually gave a shit about stopping him. No ****ing team cares about Williams and would rather Wiliams goes off than suffer a Mahomes to Hill TD bomb.

Same with McCoy this season too. Last season in Buffalo he ran against 9 men in the box, so of course, it makes sense why he's getting 5 YPC here with the Chiefs. It's all correlated and losing Hunt has hurt this offense much more than just losing his rushing yards. He was a beast and a literal weapon that we still haven't replaced.

Damien ****ing Williams will never be that weapon. Simple as that. Deny it all you want. This is a fact.
*Chef’s kiss* Perfecto
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:41 PM 10-15-2019

I don't give a **** if Damien Williams had similar numbers last season. Yeah, it's easy when defenses don't give a shit about you and would rather double team Hill and Kelce. A ton of Hunt's yards last season came against defenses that actually gave a shit about stopping him. No ****ing team cares about Williams and would rather Wiliams goes off than suffer a Mahomes to Hill TD bomb.

Damien ****ing Williams will never be that weapon. Simple as that. Deny it all you want. This is a fact.
Cold hard truth right there.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:57 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I want to see a lot more Darwin Thompson. He looked great in pre season and now they don't use him at all. What the hell is up with that?
Do you think it's because they see him as a liability in protecting Mahomes? That and if I remember correctly the last time he DID get a carry in a game situation he made a boneheaded decision and ran out of bounds when we were desperately trying to milk the clock.

I dunno what else it could be?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:10 PM 10-15-2019

Good ****ing post! Chiefs definitely need to look to draft an RB like Hunt was next draft. Someone who runs and plays angry. Bring some attitude to our offense because we clearly lack that right now.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:13 PM 10-15-2019
Great player but RBs are expendable.
[Reply]
Raker10 05:14 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
Do you think it's because they see him as a liability in protecting Mahomes? That and if I remember correctly the last time he DID get a carry in a game situation he made a boneheaded decision and ran out of bounds when we were desperately trying to milk the clock.

I dunno what else it could be?
Reid has made comments about his pass protection, but there has to be more to it because:

1. His pass-pro in the preseason/college seemed to be up to par.

2. Even if his pass-pro is horrible, what the **** does it matter? Mahomes is getting little to no protection anyways. Could atleast utilize DT34 in the screen game in an attempt to limit pass rush.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:17 PM 10-15-2019
I don’t believe it killed us at all, Williams stepped right in and it was almost like we didn’t miss a beat... we just transferred from power to speed

Looking at our backs right now, I’m pleased

All three of them produce when given an opportunity to do so, Hunt cut his own throat, moving on...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up