ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing Kareem Hunt killed us
493rd 11:20 AM 10-14-2019
This may seem obvious, but I believe Hunt’s loss created a more glaring void than anyone could’ve imagined. The simple reality is that our offense no longer has the ability to sustain drives because we can’t run the football. It’s easy to bitch at Reid for not running the ball, but the truth is that we can’t block well enough to run the damn ball, and the RBs we have now aren’t capable of creating things on their own. Hunt was and was at the top of the yards after first contact category. Now, no team in the league fears our run game and they’re teeing off on our shitty line as a result.

Getting Fisher back will help, but it won’t change things significantly enough to matter. Until we find another guy in the backfield that commands the oppositions respect, we’ll continue to struggle offensively. There will certainly be games that Mahomes is unstoppable in, but they likely won’t be in January. Damien Williams, McCoy, and the others aren’t nearly good enough.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:52 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Raker10:
He may very well have a weapon at RB, but he's been stuck on the sideline (or inactive). With the preseason Thompson had, is it completely out of line to think he could be a potential spark for this offense/running game?
Oh I agree, get Thompson some carries.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:54 PM 10-14-2019
Daryl Williams is our best back overall....
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:58 PM 10-14-2019

Chiefs ran the ball for 140 yards against Baltimore who is the 4th best run defense in the NFL...it can be done. Darrel Williams had 6.9 yards per carry in that game...hasn't carried it since

— Jay Binkley (@3guysinagarage) October 14, 2019

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:53 PM 10-14-2019
We could have prime Barry Sanders and Walter Payton on the roster, and it wouldn't make much difference as long as Andy is only calling 25 runs the last two weeks combined.
[Reply]
Bump 04:08 PM 10-14-2019
he was a damn good running back and I don't care what anybody says, we haven't had a guy that could make the type of plays what he could make. But apparently he lied about his video so now the Browns get to have a damn good running back instead. He'll be all rested for the 2nd half of the season for them, real nice addition for them to get for the most important months of football. Assuming he's kept in football shape and being out of football for over a year doesn't ruin him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:11 PM 10-14-2019
What would it take to trade for Hunt?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:12 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Couldn't agree more. This game and the Colts game - we could just pound Hunt until he wears the D down and breaks one. We should at least be trying that with Darrel Williams now imo.

So dumb to just cut him. At least trade him or something. Ugh.
Please explain to me how a suspended player could have helped us the last 2 games??
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:18 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Oh I agree, get Thompson some carries.
Another thing you may factor that Thompson isn't assimilating playbook quick enough to play a decent portion of the game, and if that's the case he should overtake KR/PR responsibilities from DAT.
[Reply]
13and3 07:28 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
he was a damn good running back and I don't care what anybody says, we haven't had a guy that could make the type of plays what he could make. But apparently he lied about his video so now the Browns get to have a damn good running back instead. He'll be all rested for the 2nd half of the season for them, real nice addition for them to get for the most important months of football. Assuming he's kept in football shape and being out of football for over a year doesn't ruin him.
But, But he lied.
[Reply]
oldman 08:05 PM 10-14-2019
I'd point out that he still wouldn't be playing, so how can you make such a statement, OP? Not having Okoye has "killed us", too. You can speculate all you want, but the hard fact is that he hasn't played in a year. Who knows what kind of shape he's in or when he'll have another meltdown.
[Reply]
Theowat1 08:10 PM 10-14-2019
Chiefs under Reid will be slightly above average never being any better! Super Bowls are for real coaches! lol
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:32 PM 10-14-2019
Chief Fan knows two things for sure:

1) We're better without Kareem Hunt, and
2) we're better without Mitch Morse.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:43 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chief Fan knows two things for sure:

1) We're better without Kareem Hunt, and
2) we're better without Mitch Morse.
I don't think we're better without Hunt.

Morse on the other hand.....
[Reply]
kcpasco 10-14-2019, 08:45 PM
This message has been deleted by kcpasco.
Mama Hip Rockets 09:30 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What would it take to trade for Hunt?
LOL. Come on, man. They outright released him. They have 4 RBs on the roster. They are not going to trade for Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:33 PM 10-14-2019
Both lines O&D are just to soft. Did Houston even punt last weekend?
These lines both need to find some Fat And Nasty attitudes

And fast.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up